Do you pay more corporation tax than Facebook?

I get my own back on the tax dodgers by stealing films from the Internet.

And, for those who thought Starbucks et al were getting away with it a tad, try this little lot for size…

5 Likes

Hmmmm, UK Customers are going to start being billed by Facebook UK rather than Facebook Ireland so they now pay more UK tax, see here

I do love this line

“The new structure is easier to understand and clearly recognises the value our UK organisation adds to our sales through our highly skilled and growing UK sales team.”

1 Like

Originally posted by @BTripz

Hmmmm, UK Customers are going to start being billed by Facebook UK rather than Facebook Ireland so they now pay more UK tax, see here

I do love this line

“The new structure is easier to understand and clearly recognises the value our UK organisation adds to our sales through our highly skilled and growing UK sales team.”

Which is all well and good until they offset the income with licensing fees, management charges and interest payment thereby reducing the profit attributable to tax to the square root of fuck all

"The new structure is easier to understand and clearly recognises that we have been fucking the UK taxpayer up the arse for years.”

2 Likes

Ireland is going to start wondering how to replace all this tax revenue when all these companies finally go “legit”

1 Like

Lots of major companies have their “headquarters” there and regional ones in far larger countries, it won’t change until there is a unified European tax system, that will never happen.

Except it is changing, and without any legislation. Facebook looks to have recognised that its customers aren’t happy about its tax arrangements, and have set about (at least being seen to) pay the proper revenues in the country that generated the custom.

The Guardian has a guide to avoiding Amazon, should one wish to do so.

1 Like

Interesting stuff. I’ve toyed with the idea of not using Amazon, but have been too lazy and selfish to put it fully into practice.