[Done Deal] (to Spurs) : Toby Alderweireld in talks today

On The Other Place. He’s says none of us are funny except Bearsy. Hoofinruth appears to disagree :wink:

That’s ok, I’ve got 170 points already this week. I can live without oldicks approval.

Yeah, pay no heed. I genuinely think you are quite funny. Not very funny, but definitely quite. Pat yourself on the back for being slightly awesome!

If you like it Lou say so. I need to points to overtake you.

Oi you two, get a baking tray.

I would vote this up halo but this might put you ahead of me on goal difference.

No one is funny on that site, its all allegro driving cord wearing Fawley living having a tipple at Christmas grasses…

2 Likes

Come on Tokes I’ve been spraying upvotes your way like an untethered garden hose ffs!

Lol, that’s the best part!

It’s like when bear voted me to be MVP on fiver web and then I beat him to the award by one vote. Dumb dear!

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

Why would he go to Spurs, what can they offer him? Champions League football? Present or future, an absolute shithouse of a football club and fans, the shitest going.

They can offer the snake Pochettino. I seem to remember Bear doing a very naughty joke about that.

Originally posted by @lifeintheslowlane

Originally posted by @Tokyo-Saint

Have I been wrong before bear?

Literally? Yes.

Everyone has been wrong before. If you deny this you will be wrong now.

I’ve just read Tokes’ excellent tale about relating his Sotonians experience to his missus. It takes me back to the days around my ban. The missus knew I was on SaintsWeb a lot. It got to the stage where if she couldn’t find evidence of activity on any other social media, she’d check SaintsWeb, and it would say “pap is online” :smiley:

Anyways, the day of the ban I announce the sad news around teatime. Hope flickers in the missus’ eyes. “Yes! He’s finally going to stop spending all of his time pointlessly arguing with people he doesn’t know, dragging me out to meet people he doesn’t think exist!”, you could almost hear her say.

She was not impressed when Sotonians was up and running. I believe the words, “internet”, “forum” and “problem” were mentioned, in that order, and with only a leading “You have a…” for accompaniment.

1 Like

Is there a ‘keep the thread on topic’ rule on papsweb?

2 Likes

There’s not much topic to say unless you know how it went?

Here’s some on topic shite from spurs knob:

There are some things people can reveal and some things people can’t reveal, not everything is for public consumption. In such instances if something that shouldn’t get out does get out, then a second line is spun that contradicts the first. This may well be the case with Alderweireld.

Stories abound of Levy flying to Madrid to sign the Belgian centre-back but as I pointed out the other day, my reading of what I hear is that Alderweireld has already changed his mind and is going to Southampton, which Spurs will know. That still seems to be the case as he is talking with them.

Mauricio Pochettino badly wants a defensive midfield player, Nabil Bentaleb can not play every game, Etienne Capoue is to be sold and Benjamin Stambouli will remain as the third. We have tried signing several players and for one reason or another they have not joined, there are more attractive opportunities in less competitive leagues.

That all brings us to 28-year-old (29 in February) Mario Suarez and many are saying, who’s he, or he’s average we don’t want him, when in all probability they have never seen him play. Mr. Average, who reportedly interests Real Madrid and Inter Milan, has won a La Liga title in 2013/14 with Atlético Madrid, the same year they were runners-up in the UEFA Champions League Final against Real Madrid, a Gareth Bale goal giving Real the significant lead.

If a player who gets to a Champions Lague Final isn’t good enough for us, who is? Now he didn’t actually play in the final, he was on the bench but did play in both legs of the semi-final against Chelsea and the two last 16 round games against AC Milan. He missed 4 games in the tournament through injury, not inability.

Atlético Madrid play a high energy pressing game, sound familiar? They have done so rather effectively and Suarez may be an ideal fit, more so than the designer label name players some only recognise.

It went very well.

I’m not in the know, but mummy always said, ‘no news is good news’.

If we can sign and keep Toby fit, and keep or replace Morgan, i think we are in for a cracking season.

I am hearing talks went well and TA set to sign early next week. Bletchy209 data droid reporting he will sign for Saints . Key moment here, man verses machine.

Edit: Soz typo got baby going mental, confusing clubs

5 Likes

Simon Peach has tweeted, saying that Atletico failed to cancel their buyout clause properly. As such, it might be that he’s legally our player at the price agreed.

Fucking amazing if true. Didn’t get put over a barrel, and Levy didn’t put one over on us.

#SaintsFC are expecting to sign Toby Alderweireld after Atletico Madrid failed to cancel the buy-out clause in time, PA Sport understands.

2 Likes

Wow. This will be laugh of the century if we get away with it.

2 Likes