England squad

I’ll let you into a secret, Cobber.

I wasn’t really in the loo on the train, but I couldn’t get away with the one-handed, feeling a knob gag if I had said I’m sitting in the bar of the St Giles hotel typing whilst holding my cock.

1 Like

It is sad that Gnigga never got a call from Roy. He was a decent reserve keeper in his day. People used to always say stuff like “thank fuck he is on the bench!”.

2 Likes

Right losers, my mate’s arrived (he’s from The Wales) so I’m signing off.

See you later!

Didn’t realise it was date night.

Have you got your rape alarm?

Have fun but stay safe.

Safe - Bletch goes bare back

1 Like

This sums it up for me. Joe Hart frozen out at Man City, as it was clear during the Euro’s that he really is not the hat good! New manager great, no, he picks almost the same team of losers! Including England’s No.1 who know other top or even premier league side showed any interest in, so he went off abroad.

I cannot see that a new manager is going to get anymore out of the same players that fail again and again. Pick a new squad of players in form. Even Drinkwater was right in June, but now, a bit after the horse has bolted!

1 Like

Sky Sports News HQ@ SkySportsNewsHQ 8m8 minutes ago

BREAKING: @ glen_johnson withdraws from @ England squad due to injury. # SSNHQ

BREAKING: @ BurnleyOfficial defender Michael Keane called up to @ England senior squad for first time as replacement. # SSNHQ

Fuck sake, I didn’t realise that Glenn Johnson was actually still playing football!!

1 Like

It’s football Bob…but not as we know it.

3 Likes

Joe.co.uk’s irreverant take on the Glenn Johnson saga.

1 Like

A Burnley defender ad cover? Seriously, he cannot be that great surely? We really are scraping the barrel.

A bit harsh really Sfcsim … Arsenal struggled like fuck to break Burnleys defence down the other day.

One of the biggest gripes about England team selection, is that it’s only ever players from the ‘big’ clubs who get a look in. Now, someone’s been called up purely on merit … ie. by being in good form this season … and people complain we’re scraping the bottom of the barrel. :lou_eyes_to_sky:

Big Fat Sam got sacked for less :lou_sunglasses:

Originally posted by @steveintheforest

Originally posted by @Sfcsim

A Burnley defender ad cover? Seriously, he cannot be that great surely? We really are scraping the barrel.

A bit harsh really Sfcsim … Arsenal struggled like fuck to break Burnleys defence down the other day.

One of the biggest gripes about England team selection, is that it’s only ever players from the ‘big’ clubs who get a look in. Now, someone’s been called up purely on merit … ie. by being in good form this season … and people complain we’re scraping the bottom of the barrel. :lou_eyes_to_sky:

"Support England? … Feeling a bit let down or frustrated? … Then why not support that other winning team over the border? That’s right … Wales :smile:

Originally posted by @TedMaul

Originally posted by @Sfcsim

"Support England? … Feeling a bit let down or frustrated? … Then why not support that other winning team over the border? That’s right Wales :laughing: Home of that lovely lamb you eat and rugby and the manics … And Gareth Bale.

Already do … and legitimately, courtesy of my father being a born n bred valley boy.

He used to cry with pride on hearing the national anthem played before the rugby, bless him … emotional lot, the welsh :laughing:

It really is most perturbing. I have spent years seeing or hearing media articles about England and thinking, Meh, and have happily avoided watching them play. Complete disdain for most of the players has been matched by my feelings for the manager, whoever it was.

Now, for no good reason, I find that I like this fella Southgate. I actually warm to him and would like him to do well. Why? WTF. This is not on. Must be infected with something tropical.

2 Likes

I know what you mean, for me he’s got a couple of things going for him.

Firstly, he’s actually won something with an England team. Yeah, I know the Toulon Tournament isn’t a biggie but he’s put his team together, prepared them and gone and won it, beating the hosts in the final.

The other positive is his age. Normally we’re lumbered with managers who are in the twilight of their careers, they’ve done their bit and are looking for a final hurrah and fat pay cheque… Southgate on the other hand, has a lot riding on this, success with England could lead to a big job at a top club for him. He’s also actually played for England in tournaments which can’t do any harm.

Just thought of a third … remember the McDonalds? ad with the paper bag over his head, after missing that vital penalty … got to respect him for that alone.

2 Likes

Just thought of a third … remember the McDonalds? ad with the paper bag over his head, after missing that vital penalty … got to respect him for that alone.

I have enjoyed your contributions, forest dweller, but I must take issue with this.

Making money from corporate obesity merchants off the back of a failure which cost the nation?

Send him to the Tower! :lou_sunglasses:

1 Like

Oh Pap … :lou_is_a_flirt:

1 Like

For the avoidance of any doubt, I did mean that Southgate should be sent to the Tower.

He can manage England games from there with today’s technology.

Beefeaters can be used to keep anyone with brown envelopes and backhanders at bay.

Can’t be too careful in the Sting Age of Broadsheet Journalism.

I thought this finished in the early 21st century with the demise of tantric sex and caring about the Brazillian rain forest as it still clogs up your teeth