Euro 2016

Via a misspent youth I managed to get my face plastered over the Evening Standard during Euro 96 which was a bit awkward as I worked there at the time.

1 Like

Same.

The tournaments I’ve enjoyed most in recent years were the '14 WC and Euro '08. I’m sure our limited/non participation in these is mere coincidence.

1 Like

I obviously had a “publicity issue” pre-2004. :blush:

1 Like

So just the one game tomorrow.

France v Romania. - 20:00

if Romania are going to get anything it will be because they keep a clean sheet, as I feel 0-0 could be the best they can hope for.

So the first tear gas has been fired and England fans have thrown their first plastic chairs around a town square.

What the fuck is wrong with these people?

All the evidence would point to them being fucking morons.

Oh but Rallyboy, they are part of a firm, it’s cool to be nawty, and anyway they were attacked by nasty foreigners and the police were heavy handed…

Fucking right they should be heavy handed!

If German or French football fans started behaving like that in my town I would want them pinned to the fucking wall by a water cannon and chucked in jail for a decade.

And there is nothing clever about attacking innocent passers by in the street because they look foreign or might be of a religion that you can’t grasp.

I fear it’s going to be a long fortnight off the pitch.

Not that they would’ve needed much provocation but this article suggests all was peaceful until the locals turned up:

I remember when they arranged for England to play Tunisia in Marseille in 1998. Now that was an insaine bit of planning! Yes it kicked off straight away!

It’s not England fans that need controlling, it’s the locals - in every city we visit.

Those English fans who chant about Islam or do Heil Hitler salutes in British grounds, they are harmless and misunderstood, but those bloody locals from all over Europe…

1 Like

makes me v.proud. The only thing I don’t like, is that our travelling heroes only use traditional weapons like fists & broken bottles, which is v.gentleman, but some of these dirty foreign hooligans, they do not observe Queensberry Rules, they carry Knives, which is clear breach of protocol. Scum.

The English fans should think twice about messing with the French police. On top of they fact that they carry guns and use tear gas, they have spent the last few months practising their baton skills on the heads of French strikers.

Tradition is all about the chairs Bearsy…tut tut… these harmless looking plastic things are procured from beer gardens and cafes where the locals have been trying to provide hospitality for their guests… but provide a true classic weapon for the Englenderhooli and Eurohooli alike

1 Like

“We all had a drink and the French lads were taunting us…” - Eng fan.

“We can’t hold our booze and we’re easily wound up…” Honest Eng fan.

3 Likes

Jeez it’s gonna get dirty…look at the French cheating bastards!!!

Those pesky locals have kicked off again tonight - and once more it’s the bloody innocent England fans getting tear-gassed!

When will somebody do something about these idiotic people who seem to live near all of the football grounds that England visit?

1 Like

Going for 3-0 France!

Put my money on France 2+ goals and 5+ corners. #easymoney.

1 Like

What odds you get fella?

Tomorrows first game.

Albania v Switzerland - 14:00

Dont forget to tune in folks - should be a cracker!