Europa League - Saints draw Vitesse

Anyone know kick off time? Need to make sure I can get down in time for it.

Originally posted by @Chertsey-Saint

Anyone know kick off time? Need to make sure I can get down in time for it.

20:05. Radom, but that was the time I saw quoted for the home and away game.

Just looked on the BBC and that is the kick off time on the fixture as well.

I’ve secured my tickets for the home game. I think it means I have to drive to Southampton and back twice in 72 hours, but it’ll be worth it.

Feeling much better about being shafted by work for the Arnhem Leg - I wasn’t even close to the away criteria for the tickets.

Home game will be live on BT Sport:

1 Like

Dear footy season,

Jesus fucking Christ…Can’t it be Thursday already???

As always, my enthusiasm for the start of the season has peaked to soon. If footy were sex, I’d never get laid because I jizzed up my pants way before the big event.

Sincerely,

Crust E Pants.

Edit: Sorry, pants = trousers of course. I don’t wanna come in Trousers though, that would be a bit gay.

Edit to the edit: Not that I’m homophobic. I have at least one black friend.

1 Like

[http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/13501119.Calasie__Europa_League_will_be__amazing__for_Southampton/?ref=mmsp](http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/13501119.Clasie Europa_League_will_be amazing__for_Southampton/?ref=mmsp)

Clasie on the Europa League:-

…he is confident that, if Saints press their opponents and exert their power, they will emerge victorious.

“I think it’s a little bit the same team as Feyenoord,” he said.

“They want to play football, they like it to build up, and it’s important for us that we stay compact and we have to press them, and that’s what I said – when you press many teams in Holland they’re under pressure and if you press them good then it’s easy to get the ball from them.”

1 Like

Now a sell-out, I believe.

Looking forward to it. Will be the first time I’ve ever seen Saints play a European team in a competitive fixture.

Silly me. Thought there’d be tickets left on walk up. Doh.

Sourced by the Automatic News Thread

Sourced from A tweet by SouthamptonFC tweet

@SouthamptonFC - Southampton FC

BREAKING: All match tickets for #SaintsFC’s trip @MijnVitesse have now sold out. Travel packages still available – tmgsport.com/travel/southam…

Retweets: 12

Favourites: 11

I’ll be heading down to Southampton tonight for this fixture. First ever time seeing Saints in European Competition. It’s not actually my first European game - I went to see Liverpool play Brondby in my first year of Uni. They ended up losing 1-0 (and Brondby fans have an annoying bloody chant). We did of course, flirt with the competition after the Cup Final, but this time it actually feels like we’re able to put a decent side out able to compete.

Guess we’ll see the first evidence either way tomorrow night. I think we have a good side; the crowd will be up for it after the absence of competitive football. Should also be an interesting night in Southampton. Foreign football fans marauding around the city? I never knew you had it in you, Southampton!

Sourced by the Automatic News Thread

Sourced from Daily Echo article

Saints fans queue for hours to get tickets for Vitesse Arnhem match

Expand article…

HUNDREDS of Southampton football fans have been queuing since the crack of dawn for the chance to buy tickets for the Saints European adventure in the Netherlands next week.

The club had a total of 1,400 tickets to sell from 9am this morning both at the ticket office at St Mary’s Stadium and online.

Security manager Mark Hannibal said there were at least 600 people queuing outside the stadium this morning and only a handful of people were unsuccessful in buying tickets for the European football match.

Isaac Hale, 16 from Southampton was one of the last to get a ticket and said he spoke to a man who had been there since 3am.

He arrived at the stadium with his brother Thomas Hale, 15 and his dad at 6am and they were one of the last groups to get tickets.

Isaac said: “we can’t believe it, we’ve been waiting here for hours hoping to get tickets because we didn’t know how many were on offer. There have been people queuing from at least 6am and it’s been quite a good atmosphere with everyone getting excited and talking about who they think is the best in the team. We’re just really excited now, our dad is going to drive us there, he came with us to get the tickets. Me and my brother both play football so this is a big deal for us and it will be amazing to go to a European football match.”

Mark said: “it’s a real shame that some people didn’t get tickets, this will be an amazing match so lots of people were really excited but ultimately we only had a few tickets to sell because we need to make sure the grounds are safe. It was great that so many people turned out though.”

Seems like big demand for tickets. Given that this is holiday season, that’s great news.

Here are the champions league failures we could get tomorrow!

AFC Ajax (NED) 66.195*
FC Salzburg (AUT) 43.135*
FC Viktoria Plzeň (CZE) 41.825*
FC Steaua Bucureşti (ROU) 40.259*
BSC Young Boys (SUI) 31.375*
AC Sparta Praha (CZE) 30.825*
Fenerbahçe SK (TUR) 30.020*
Panathinaikos FC (GRE) 19.880*
KKS Lech Poznań (POL) 17.300*
Qarabağ FK (AZE) 11.500*
HJK Helsinki (FIN) 11.140*
Molde FK (NOR) 10.375*