Fat Club 2017 - the new batch

The good thing is if you put yourself out, you see instant results.

You then get into the cycle of feeling better, and exercise becomes easier as you have dropped some weight.

So come on you shy chubsters, hop aboard the last train out of Fat Town!

One at a time please.

No, there isn’t a buffet car.

1 Like

I recommend my kidney disorder which pisses out all the sugar that I eat, downside is an insulin overdose through drinking too much alcohol and falling over. Other than that no side effects apart from I am approx the same weight as when I was 16.

See this disorder not only cures obesity it also curbs alcoholism because you cant drink as much Winner Winner chicken dinner.

So, for my height (5’9.5") I should be somewhere between 128 to 173lbs.

I think I am currently about 224lbs so have (at least) 50lbs to lose.

I cycle to work 3 times a week and do do a fair bit or walking so it would seem I have to reduce my calorie intake. Reducing beer ain’t going to happen so I need to cut out the snacks and chocolates and takeaways.

Easy!

50lbs in 6 months? Or is that too extreme?

Go on Betfair.com you can lose 50lbs in 6 minutes.

Sorry but had to be done :lou_lol:

When the fun stops, stop. Would the fun ever stop with Carly Baker though?

BTripz had to google Carly Baker to be honest.

The fun to be had there is probably

just lots.

I guess you don’t get the Coral adverts in the Phillipines…

Were to busy trying to protect the Coral than put money on it.

Though wonder if they have thought of that as a marketing ploy every 100 quid they win they put a quid to protecting our reefs.?

It takes a loss of about 3,500 calories to burn 1lb of fat or an excess of 3,500 calories to lay down 1lb of fat.

So 50lb in, let’s say, 25 weeks is 2lb per week.

This site tells me that if you are moderately active, you would need to take on board 2,612 calories / day to maintain your weight.

This means you would be taking on 18,284 calories / week.

If you need to lose 2lb in that week you need to be 7,000 calories under that.

This means you can take onboard 11,284 calories / week - or 1,612 calories / day.

Obviously, you can increase your calories in as long as you make a corresponding increase in your exercise out.

But given that beer is a non-negotiable, I’d say you’re setting yourself up to fail, Big Two-Hundred-and-Twenty-Four-Pounds Bob.

So according to CB Saint that is cut out 5 packets of crisps per day and your on a winner Bob.

Saying that beer is non-negotiable may be over egging the situation, I generally only drink 2 nights a week (pub quiz night and pool league night) and 2 pints on a Friday lunchtime.

Those 2 nights become 1 when we have an away game too as I normally drive.

I think the main problem is snacking at work, eating my sarnies too early (as I have done this morning) and going out to get another one later in the afternoon!!

If you’re eating your sandwiches too early that isn’t your fault.

The days are too long, that’s the problem.

If they were shorter like they used to be in the olden days, we wouldn’t need so many meals.

3 Likes

Can I also just raise a flag for HIIT - high-intensity interval training.

If you are limited on the amount of time you can exercise during the week, then it’s well worth considering.

I see people saying that they ride 100s of miles and don’t lose much weight. I used to regularly row 10K. It would take me 45-50 mins depending on the intensity and I might do that twice or sometimes three times per week. I lost weight to start with but then my weight quickly plateaued. Once I got fit and quite good at rowing I could actually row for ages at a really low heart rate.

Now, when I’m able, I row for only about 16 mins in each session and I achieve better results than rowing more frequently for longer.

Following a warm up, I 40 seconds of balls-out* rowing followed by 2 minutes of moderate rowing. This I do for 5 / 6 sets, followed by a warm down.

I have a heart rate monitor and my heart rate peaks much more quickly and at a higher extreme doing HIIT and, more importantly, my heart rate stays high (20-50 bp/m above resting) for the next 2 hours.

It’s worth looking into, but it does have some dangers. I often feel run down if I do too many sessions in a week and it does have greater heart and stroke dangers.

Michael Mosely, the TV doctor is a proponent. He’s created a FAQ here.

*balls-out means 100% commitment

1 Like

Does this work with drinking? If I drink twice as fast does it count as half the calories?

3 Likes

I’ve tried the research, Goat.

Unfortunately I’ve not managed to finish a whole pint yet.

I’ll keep plugging away and report back.

2 Likes

Following a whiskey warm up, I 40 seconds of balls-out* drinking followed by 2 minutes of moderate drinking. This I do for 5 / 6 pints, followed by a warm down jagerbomb.

*optional but down to personal preference (more acceptable in rugby clubs)

2 Likes

Originally posted by @Rallyboy

If you’re eating your sandwiches too early that isn’t your fault.

The days are too long, that’s the problem.

If they were shorter like they used to be in the olden days, we wouldn’t need so many meals.

With the power cuts that will happen with the fall of the western Empire this is likely to happen sooner than you think.

Originally posted by @CB-Saint

Originally posted by @areloa-grandee

OK … so far we have:

FatcuntFerret - 108kg - target 80kg by Dec 2017, 90 by August - already on the dried fruit and nuts and fucking miserable - but no alcohol in week is going well and will make a big difference. First milestone is 104kg by end of January. I joke, but need to sort for health reasons - Weight balooned when I stopped smoking and despite the cycling efforts, have really struggled to shift it as have been guilty of snacking and too much wine with meals…

SFCsim - 93kg - target 82 by summer

CBSaint - 95kg - target 89kg

Rally 94kg - target 90kg in one month

We will work on MONTHLY milestones and thus its about how you do against monthly target.

Any more takers?

Jeez Ferret, are you going to cut off both legs?

Just my cock…

2 Likes

Originally posted by @CB-Saint

OK … so far we have:

FatcuntFerret - 108kg - target 80kg by Dec 2017, 90 by August - already on the dried fruit and nuts and fucking miserable - but no alcohol in week is going well and will make a big difference. First milestone is 104kg by end of January. I joke, but need to sort for health reasons - Weight balooned when I stopped smoking and despite the cycling efforts, have really struggled to shift it as have been guilty of snacking and too much wine with meals…

SFCsim - 93kg - target 82 by summer

CBSaint - 95kg - target 89kg

Rally 94kg - target 90kg in one month

We will work on MONTHLY milestones and thus its about how you do against monthly target.

Any more takers?

Jeez Ferret, are you going to cut off both legs?

Just my cock…

Your next year’s user name is going to be capon

4 Likes

4 days into bastard health regime and fucking starving… but averaging 1750Kcal net after burning average additional 500Kcal on bike (approx 50-60 minutes at 26-28kmh). a day… no beer or wine during week - only Friday and Sat…and in miserable moderation/within the daily target - + 100km on bike over weekend… hope to see results or I am doomed

1 Like