Feyenoord vs Saints

Well played Saints…keep it up. :laughing:

Victor is King :smile:

COYS :innocent:

Wnat a lovely pass that was from Targett. Virtually no effort required by Tadic for the assist.

0-2 Yoshida. I missed it by pants stream.

Finally!! My stream has settled down!!! How has Clasie been?

subbed. Quiet game.

It’s coming from a domain in the Seychelles…That has to be a problem! :slight_frown:

Stekelenburg looking better and better.

Well, I saw the first few minutes where our passing was woeful. Looks a lot better now that I get to see the last 10minutes! :confused:

0-3 Juanmi. Good finish from a Long assist.

…And I miss the goal while typing bullshit. :frowning:

This is good news, Goaters, and many thanks for being our Motson-boy for the evening. I’ve not had as much luck getting sorted as others, but am looking forward to the highlights package.

Was the score…? Don’t leave me hanging!

FT 0-3 Pelle, Yoshida, Juanmi

Stekelenburg: More than happy with him. Sign him up.

Soares: Looks like a gem.

Fonte: More of the same from our captain.

Yoshida: Excellent performance and a good goal.

Targett: Brilliant pass to Tadic to set up the first goal for Pelle. Able deputy to Betrand.

Wanyama: A season like this from Big Vic and we will be flying.

Clasie: quiet, needs time to gel with Vic. Emotional game for him.

Davis: Steady 90 mins.

Tadic: Getting back to his best

Mane: Is going to scare the hell out of teams this year.

Pelle: Quiet game but as long as he keeps banging them in, happy days.

Bench: No sign of jrod but Long, Juanmi, JWP. Plenty of options. Good finish from Juanmi tonight.

Looking forward to a great season now :laughing:

7 Likes

Originally posted by @Goatboy

subbed. Quiet game.

35 passes attempted.

33 completed.

Efficient, if unremarkable? Haven’t seen the game yet.

1 Like

Yep, tidy. I think he will come good but not a great game. When he settles in and we start banging the ball into him and trusting his touch a bit more he’ll be awesome.

1 Like

If we are going to finish high up the table this season we need to start playing and stop buffering. We need to move with more fluidity and stop running around all jerky and start-stop. I think Saints were sometimes distracted by the big swirly pinwheel in the middle of the pitch. It was only when they stopped buffering that they really seemed to play as a team and looked like a top side.

3 Likes

Goatboy…good summing up of the Saints players. :laughing:

Good performance from Saints to round off our pre season. :smile:

Very pleased with the team…well done Saints…solid team effort.

Jaunmi is going to be a star.

I believe Soares is a very good replacement for Clyne and will prove to be a steal.

COYS :cool:

2 Likes

Oooh! RK being interviewed now. he seems pretty fluent at Dutch. If only he would put in as much effort at learning english.

1 Like

All this praise for Goatboy’s commentary…How do we know he wasn’t just making it up? I don’t trust him.

We always play like that when we’re on BT…I think we need to move St. Marys closer to the exchange or get a longer bit of string between our co-co tins.

2 Likes