šŸ“½ Films I have seen

Finished Sicario last night. Been mentioned by others so will keep it short, but very gripping, tense and dark. The early scene in the traffic jam is worth it alone. Great soundtrack and some excellent scenery add to an excellent film.

I caught the end of it the other night, the last 10 minutes or so, I think I must watch the whole thing, looks like a good take off of the spy genre.

Wacthed Kingsman last night, really enjoyed it, itā€™s not quite the piss take that I thought it would be, sort of half way between 007 and Austin Powers.

Samuel L jackson was excellent as the villain.

Colin Firth has definitely positioned himself as favourite to be the next Bond.

Line of the film ā€œIf you save the world, we can do it in the assholeā€

3 Likes

the movie bout where the banks is being dumb with all the money, is pretty good.

the movie bout where the bear rapes leonardo di caprio is pretty gd too! I had to turn it off after that scene tho cos i had to go wash my hands. Not sure how it turns out.

Over the last 2 weeks I have watched illegally -

The Revenant (book is still better and has more craziness in)

Hateful Eight

The Martian

Bone Tomahawk (crazy indians killing people)

Steve Jobs (was just a load of product launches and him being a fucking shit parent)

Point Break (I felt dirty for watching this new version)

1 Like

What did you think of Hateful 8? Next on my list if any good, but views seem mixed so far.

Not seen it yet, and at nearly 3 hours long I need to be in the mood to watch it, but 2 people at work have seen it and said that itā€™s a slow burner but good.

I have only just caught up with Django Unchained. After all the hype I was left somewhat unmoved. It was ok but nothing special.

Blackhat

Michael (Miami Vice) Mann no less and another attempt by Liam Hemsworth to actually act without capeshit, almost.

Randomly, in the waiting room down the Doc this morning, read an interview with him and it seems this was a big budget movie which the critics really enjoyed and yet faded and flopped miserably at the box office.

Itā€™s a Cyber-Crime hacker thing zipping around the world. It managed to have a feel of a low budget low quality camera work film yet was a good tight paced plot, it was SOOO close to being a great movie, the interview laid the blame jointly between Hemsworth & Mann for that

Has a couple of obvious plot holes but what film doesnā€™t these days (hackers using mobile phones and not getting tracked really? and a emailed pdf file, cā€™mon primary school stuff not NSA level ffs), but apart from that it was a GOOD WAY of spending the evening on the sofa.

Well worth watching.

And yes Liam can ALMOST act as we saw in Rush where he was simply blown off the screen by Daniel Bruhl

Watched JFK for the second time last night. I saw it back in the day, close to its release, but that was in my days as wide-eyed idealist that believed in the complete trustworthiness of governments :lou_sunglasses:

I got more out of it this time. Whether you agree with the implications the movie makes or not, it is a very good film with a great cast; a project deemed important enough that many of those that took roles waived their fee. FWIW, I donā€™t think Stone is far off with his big claims, and to be fair to him, he only really has the Garrison case to work with (to date, I think itā€™s the only time the JFK assassination ever got the attention of a courtroom.

Stone got flak for a couple of things in this movie. First, Mr X - the deepthroat character that opens Garrisonā€™s eyes up to the conspiracy outside of New Orleans, is a composite of two real life characters. Also, he goes further than most in suggesting that Lyndon B Johnson knew about either the assassination or the cover-up, a claim I donā€™t find unreasonable but upsets a lot of Americans.

American Ultra

A stoner - who is in fact a government agent - is marked as a liability and targeted for extermination. But heā€™s too well-trained and too high for them to handle.

Jesse Eisenberg and Kristen Stewart, watched this last night to waste 90 mins and I quite enjoyed it. Not as comedic as other Eisenberg films but still enjoyable all the same.

And Kristen Stewart didnā€™t spend the whole film looking moody

Just want to announce that I have firmly joined the Alicja Vikander fan club.

Ex Machina was a very good film while also managing to be claustrophobic and flawed. Itā€™s not often that a movie still has me thinking about it a week after watching it, and no, not ONLY because of the highlight near the end,

Then followed that up by watching Seventh Son last night.

Enjoyable if slightly (Iā€™m being polite) flawed film, Jon Snow being, well, Jon Snow, Jeff Bridges as a Ninja style warrior while talking unintelligibly (as if he has a marble in his mouth), Ben Barnes doing a passable impersonation of a chilled out skater dude (which strangely worked) and of course Alicja as someone you just want to hug and take home to meet your mum, which is kinda the opposite of what Bearsy, myself and I guess much of the planet would want to do to her in Ex Machina.

Yeah, she is now cool, can act AND is hot.

Watched Joy last night (without knowing anything about it in advance, rare for me). Great cast, Jennifer Lawrence, De Niro, Bradley Cooper, Isabella Rossellini. Story was slow to get going, nearly gave up after 15-20 mins, but it improved a lot and in the end it was a decent enough film and made me read up on the real ā€œJoyā€ afterwards, on whom the story is based.

:lou_eyes_to_sky:

The Hunger.

Originally posted by @Coxford_lou

Originally posted by @Dubai_Phil

Just want to announce that I have firmly joined the Alicja Vikander fan club.

Ex Machina was a very good film while also managing to be claustrophobic and flawed. Itā€™s not often that a movie still has me thinking about it a week after watching it, and no, not ONLY because of the highlight near the end,

Then followed that up by watching Seventh Son last night.

Enjoyable if slightly (Iā€™m being polite) flawed film, Jon Snow being, well, Jon Snow, Jeff Bridges as a Ninja style warrior while talking unintelligibly (as if he has a marble in his mouth), Ben Barnes doing a passable impersonation of a chilled out skater dude (which strangely worked) and of course Alicja as someone you just want to hug and take home to meet your mum, which is kinda the opposite of what Bearsy, myself and I guess much of the planet would want to do to her in Ex Machina.

Yeah, she is now cool, can act AND is hot.

:lou_eyes_to_sky:

Hey, how come DP gets a raised eye look for saying what he did about Alicja yet the Caprine one gets full endorsement for saying some very rude stuff about his desires for Emma Willis?

He did not get full endorsement! I just chose to humour him. The point was still made! Plus he was hammered, and I think you have to go easy on people when theyā€™re hammered.

I canā€™t win! Iā€™m either ā€˜moaningā€™ (tm Tokyo) making people feel like ā€˜pervsā€™ (tm canā€™t remember who said that) or just a female on an internet forum reading an interesting review about a film that ends with another joke about shagging the lead actress (tm me). I fine with it, really, I wouldnā€™t be here if I wasnā€™t, but donā€™t deny me a few eyes rolling every now and then.

3 Likes

You can always win @LouLouMySweet, I was just joshing with you :lou_is_a_flirt:

Sorry BBB, itā€™s just a subject Iā€™m sort of sensitive towards. Iā€™m sure youā€™ve only said what others are thinking anyway!