šŸ“½ Films I have seen

i thought it was good. It was more good than star wars & more good than revenants. I also saw Creed which is the one bout Rocky. I didnā€™t think that was v.good. I dunno why everyone is saying itā€™s v.good. It wasnā€™t v.good.

Edit: I would love to bang the lead actress tho

1 Like

Thanks.

Edit: :lou_lol:

:lou_eyes_to_sky:

:lou_wink_2:

Dear Lou.

That opinion of Alicja was shared first with my wife (who agreed) prior to being posted on here, good grief woman, this is Social Media ffs, ANYBODY can read ANYTHING you post ANYWHERE!

The concept of secretly posting ones preferences or motivations for watching a movie with the current ā€œJennifer Lawrenceā€ WITHOUT having had them approved in advance by onesā€™ wife just simply is NOT the way Marriage happens in the modern era.

Slow West

Missed it on limited cinema release last year but just appeared on Netflix. Meditative but short Western (80 mins). Directed by John Maclean (of Beta Band fame) and starring Fassbender as well as Ben Mendelsohn. Itā€™s good. If you like Westerns then you should watch it.

Re: Ben Mendelsohn - forgot to mention in previous post but if you havenā€™t seen Animal Kingdom (billed as Australian Scorcese gang killer thriller) then you should. Mendelsohn is one scary fucker in it.

Dear Phil.

I only raised my eyes skyward.

Thanks,

Lou.

I could do worth watching an 80min film, I keep getting lumbered with three hour jobs.

1 Like

I have various short videos I could lend you Fatso. The quality is not great though and you will definitely not want to bang the leading lady.

:lou_eyes_to_sky:

1 Like

Reminds me of that joke, Frank gets home to find John, his best mate, in bed with his missus ā€œJohnā€ he says ā€œI have to but you??ā€

:lou_eyes_to_sky: :lou_eyes_to_sky:

Kingsman is bloody easy to explain. Council estate mush becomes James Bond.

I really like Matthew Vaughn, the chap who directed this (+ Kick Ass). Everyone involved in this film was clearly in love with the tropes of the genre. Explosions, super-villains, turncoats, underground lairs. Itā€™s all there.

I watched Ex-Machina today. Tā€™was very well made, thought provoking and had nude fit birds. Win.

Watched the Revenant yesterday. Dark, brooding, brutal, unrelenting and brilliant. 2.5 hours long, could have been a little shorter perhaps but allowed the director to spend more time on the fantastic scenery and the sheer detail. Not for everyone but I loved it.

cheers TCK, I watched Slow West and quite enjoyed that. Quirky and different.

As we have been on holiday recently downloaded a few films.

Him:

Heist - I could have written and directed it. Saw all the twists and turns. I feel the ending could have been better with a massive explosion. Tedious.

Gravity - just watched it and it was alright but ridiculous.

Me:

Submarine - heard lots of good things and I quite liked itā€™s quirkyness.

Before I go to Sleep - Iā€™d read the book so thought Iā€™d give it a go. Fairly close to the book. Trouble is Nicola Kidmanā€™s face doesnā€™t move particualry naturally and she doesnā€™t look a lot like she did in Days of Thunder so all a bit distracting.

1 Like

Sicario was superb, Iā€™m a big Roger Deakins fan, as you probably realise :slight_smile: Probably the the best living cinematographer.

1 Like

Watched ā€œRoomā€ yesterday. One of the best films iā€™ve seen in years. Brie Larson should win every award going.

Watched the first half of the Hateful Eight last week and finished the other half last night. Itā€™s good. Thatā€™s about it really. I enjoyed it, itā€™s a little long, itā€™s not brilliant, itā€™s just good. Thatā€™s twice Iā€™ve now mentioned the length of films on this threadā€¦Iā€™m not some simpleton, child or weak bladdered person (well, two out of those three may be true) and I donā€™t mind a long film if it is justifiedā€¦I reckon that this kne could have been a little shorter.

2 Likes

Kinda get where youā€™re coming from on this, Fatso - but I think it is going to be the sort of film that holds up better with an additional viewing, even though the mystery is solved at that point.

There arenā€™t many directors that have gotten more rewatch time from me than Tarantino. Scorsese, The Coens and Spielbergā€™s early stuff would probably get a big mention. The first viewing is really just about resolving the plot; subsequent viewings are all about swimming in the dialogue, or any other aspect of the movie that has been beautifully constructed.

Great performances from everyone. Nice to see Walton Goggins make the leap from crap like The Shield and Sons of Anarchy into a couple of Tarantino movies. Pleasing to see Kurt Russell cutting a rug again. Director fave Tim Roth is back, but after playing Sepp Blatter in United Passions, is a Tarantino movie going to be worthy of his new found range? :lou_sunglasses:

1 Like

I nto the Woods

weird, just weird

Originally posted by @BTripz

I nto the Woods

weird, just weird

Saw this Sondheim piece live on Broadway quite a few years agoā€¦ fairy tale mashup that that is a bit compl, but fun imho