Fonte hands in transfer request

Originally posted by @Simon-says

Originally posted by @CB-Saint

With my sensible head on, I dont blame him for casting about for one last massive payout - he is 33, has one more contract in him and his stock has never been higher.

This is no time to be sensible CB! :cool:

Gotcha. He is a money grabbing no mark. A poor manā€™s Yoshida. Good riddance.

2 Likes

Fuck him.

5 Likes

Not the player he was 2 years ago and if he wants out then itā€™s best for both parties. If heā€™s after a huge deal I hope he goes to China, that way we wonā€™t have to see him suffer the ignominy of going to a big club and getting dropped like Morgan and Rickieā€¦

2 Likes

He has been good for us and we have been good for him. I canā€™t see him going to United or Liverpool if we are holding out for reasonable wedge. Possibly Everton is the best he could do here. Thanks Jose but if you donā€™t want to be here then we donā€™t want you here. Next.

2 Likes

I reckon his nose has been put out of joint by VVD being such a leader on the pitch. Fonte came back this summer as a European champion and expected to be the man.

Heā€™s actually been out performed by Yoshida this season.

If it didnā€™t end badly it wouldnā€™t end.

See ya.

9 Likes

Everton a distinct possibility but the wages could be an issue.

The best bet would be China as all concerned- Saints and Billy big bollocks will get silly money

3 Likes

Fonteā€™s previous agent put him in the window in the Summer but nobody came knocking. Presumably now that Joseā€™s represented by so-called ā€˜super agentā€™ Jorge Mendes he believes a windfall of a contract is a given.

Bit cheeky given that we offered a contract extension (and payrise) a mere 8 or 9 months after his previous one).

But which top club would pay for him now? 33, likely past his peak and under-performing to his own high standards this season. The most likely scenarios appear a transfer to the Far East or an embarassing month (for him) in which thereā€™s little to no interest.

What money on a meek early-February statement that heā€™s ā€˜committedā€™ to seeing out the rest of his contract at Saints?

Why donā€™t we offer Man Utd Ā£15 million plus Billy Big bollocks for Morgan and give him BBBs increased pay offer .Love it if we could do that- get Morgan back and piss off Conman big time.

2 Likes

I would certainly play him against Norwich on Saturday now he is welll and firmly in the shop window.

Needs a couple of good games before someone takes him off our hands.

In this case, I would say sell him for the price we want. He is getting on and if we wants out, no point hanging around. Weird timing as we COULD be in a cup final soon.

Hes changed.

Itā€™s going to be Liverpool or Man U I think, but most likely Liverpool.

Also with Spider-Man I always work on the theory, that you should never look back.

Theyā€™ve all changed, they all do eventually.

Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£

Whoā€™ll replace him, thats the question, that will bring the true intentions of the club out of the shadow.

We did ok replacing lovren :blush:

2 Likes

Our boy Claude will have a few contacts in the French Leagues. Reckon we could pick up a bargain their and come out ahead on the deal

1 Like

I thought it was a little odd that he did not play in Europe. The one player who has been with us all the way on this great journeyā€¦ then did not play for us in Europe! This is what makes me think Man U as he can play for them in Europe, now that would hurt a little.

So not going to watch that one!

I wouldnā€™t trust Puel to pick a team he knows best let alone buy a talent in France.

Heā€™s been mostly great for us but I donā€™t think he is United standard. I canā€™t see him st Liverpool either. Ron might want him at Everton or he could end up back at Palace perhaps?

But why, would he want to go to Everton or Palace? He might as well see out his career here. He has to have something in mind, which would be a club that he sees as a last chance of winning something, of a big payday. I really did think that he would be with us until the end of his career now!