Fonte hands in transfer request

I’m sure I read somewhere that he & his family were settled on the south coast and didn’t want to move…

Maybe it was someone else who’s happy to live on just £70k a week…?

2 Likes

so long Fonte baby…

What does the club do to players that they all want to leave

Come on, Fonte has been their longer than most normally stay.

I don’t have a problem with him trying for a last big payday.

Just don’t think he will get one.

A years contact on top of the rest of this season is the most he could expect going to a new club.

6 Likes

Call me cynical but I suspect the real issue is the influence of agents looking to increase their cut of commission from transfer fees now that there’s so much cash sloshing around the Premiership

Ffs, clubs are now paying over £10m for journeyman donkeys who would have cost less than a million not too long ago…

5 Likes

I agree with what you say but the timing is shit. Id even have him as player coach for the rest of the season and get shot of Puel

1 Like

It’s all Jimmy Hills fault and him getting the maximum wage axed.

2 Likes

Strangely I was thinking exactly the same thing this lunchtime, especially after my thesis on FFP and STCC (which I note nobody has replied to)

Think the league should have a wage cap per team as the main American sports do.

What about the huge row after the West Brom and the senior players saying they have no confidence in Puel?

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

What about the hige row after the West Brom and the senior players saying they have no confidence in Puel?

Allegedly?

5 Likes

What about the hige row after the West Brom and the senior players saying they have no confidence in Puel?

Has this been confirmed as true yet or is it just muck spreading rumour’s?

1 Like

Barry Sanchez in confirmation bias shocker…

4 Likes

I thought this was the main idea behind the FFP but it appears to be unenforceable and if you “Go it alone” as Saints appear to have done it will never work.

Ralphy babe having a bit as well in the Everton, would confirm my opinon that Puel is no good, being ratified by professionals furthers my claim that he doesn’t know what he is doing.

Baz - I recognise all of the words, but I have no idea what you are actually trying to say

8 Likes

You think that the manager is the only one involved in buying players for us. Woosh.

Here’s a couple of commas I had left over at Christmas, see if they help.

3 Likes

My view on Fonte: fuck off

2 Likes

Do we know this as a fact or is it just a rumour that suits your agenda Barry?

Take as fact or leave it up to you, what do you think in all probability?