Fonte Off?

Umm, there is something called FFP that, I believe, stops us paying wages “beyond our means”. I would have thunk that the latest round of contract renewals would have bumped the players’ salaries up a fair bit, however to do that the club would have had to use the transfer monies in.

Gone are the days when an individual or corporation can bankroll a club “beyond its means”.

Shut up, Fatso, you whopper. Objectivity has no place here.

2 Likes

What about others playing in his place?

On the question of Puel the facts and figures show he has done much better than Koeman at this stage of the season compared with last as these stats show.

League matches.

The same fixtures last year Koeman 14 points Puel 17 points.

To allow for relegated /promoted teams I have subed Newcastle A with Hull A and Norwich H with Burnley H.

Europa League Koeman got us in to group stages and if we win on Thursday Puel will have done better than Koeman last season when we failed to get through the qualifying rounds.

EFL Cup. Koeman only got us to the Quarter Finals Puel has got us to the Semi Final.

FA Cup.Last season we lost to Palace in Round 3.Puel only needs to win once to better that.

Rotating the squad has in my opinion worked well as he has kept the whole squad involved and given some good acadamy players a chance.This would never have happened with Koeman.

The only thing that is holding us back is our failure to convert more of the many goal scoring chances created.

Hopefully we will sign someone to put that right in the window.

8 Likes

Isn’t that what Martina is doing? He was going to go to Everton before Pied got injured remember!!

Originally posted by @Smuggins

The only thing that is holding us back is our failure to convert more of the many goal scoring chances created.

Or Long will find his scoring boots again! Someone must have hidden them in the cupboard under the stairs!

Regarding the striker I think we were sitting with fingers crossed and hoping the J-Rod would get his form back and that Long would continue with his, neither have materialised, shit happens!!

Apart from this bit. Can’t see that happening unless we are extremely lucky and get a Michu style sgning that everyone else misses.

FFP is dead in the water.

Or get Gallagher back from Blackburn.

I’m ok with giving Austin, JRod & Long the season to see if they can do a good striking Job tbh. Whoever does worst by the end of season, I would vote them out, like in Strictly. I am v.consistent in this cos I said same before season, and goatboy was like fk you, we need another striker, and I was like, give bros a chance, you can-eating cunt.

4 Likes

Or, Rodriguez goes to WBA and Berahino comes to us.

Season long loan so no chance of this.

Not Berahino.Fat unfit and has an attitude problem.

1 Like

Jesus no, that is one shit move for us.

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

I’ve said for years this is as good as it gets as we don’t have the intent nor money to go further hence that’s why we sell, why the fuck the board won’t admit that is beyond me. Back to the Palace game, its not the defeat its the manner of the defeat, our football this year has been slow, turgid boring and lacking passion hence the reason I am not convinced in the slightest about Puel. 1) Sideways passing 2) Doesn’t appear to know his first XI 3) No plan B 4) Far too predictable and slow in build up 5) Team selections and rotation needs explanation

1. If you want direct football, WBA is probably a good match for you. Retention of the ball is key to our game plan and sometimes that will involve sideways passing. The likes of Tadic, Boufal, Redmond, Long etc always move forward with the ball but they’ve been out of the side in recent weeks for various reasons.

2. Forster, Cedric, Fonte, VVD, Bertrand, Romeu, Hojbjerg, JWP/Clasie, Tadic, Redmond, Austin has been the side we’ve seen the most this season - the only uncertain elements there are JWP/Clasie and whether Boufal would feature in the team.

3. We’ve shifted shape slightly from the diamond to 433 over the last several games, which has heralded some good results. We also went 442 against Prague when we were chasing a goal which looked very promising.

4. Again, see pt1. Liverpool and Chelsea are about the only teams in the league that are that dynamic when getting the ball forward.

5. We’ve already played 22 games this season and it’s still only the start of December. We’ve got at least another 28 games ahead of us, probably 30 if we get the right result on Thursday. Rotation is 100% necessary under those circumstances and it’s given game time to the likes of McQueen, Reed etc, surely a bonus as a huge gripe with Koeman was the lack of youth featuring in the team.

Leicester showed last season that it’s possible to achieve huge feats with the right squad and the right approach. While I doubt this season will see us finishing higher than last time out, we’ve been very competitive on multiple fronts and have every chance of winning a trophy or getting a very respectable league position again.

Keep the Faith or STFU mush :lou_wink:

10 Likes

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

On the question of Puel the facts and figures show he has done much better than Koeman at this stage of the season compared with last as these stats show.

League matches.

The same fixtures last year Koeman 14 points Puel 17 points.

To allow for relegated /promoted teams I have subed Newcastle A with Hull A and Norwich H with Burnley H.

Europa League Koeman got us in to group stages and if we win on Thursday Puel will have done better than Koeman last season when we failed to get through the qualifying rounds.

EFL Cup. Koeman only got us to the Quarter Finals Puel has got us to the Semi Final.

FA Cup.Last season we lost to Palace in Round 3.Puel only needs to win once to better that.

Rotating the squad has in my opinion worked well as he has kept the whole squad involved and given some good acadamy players a chance.This would never have happened with Koeman.

FFP is dead in the water.

What does this mean bazza? Are you saying FFP is not functioning as it should?

As I see it FFP has done nothing but maintain the status quo of the clubs that were spending big prior to it’s inception, whilst simultaneously handcuffing clubs that are in the ascension (like us). I guess some would say it’s performing it’s function more than adequately.

Has it prevented more clubs from overspending and entering administration? I don’t know.

Has it prevented clubs from offering the sort of wages dished out by the top 6 English clubs? I would assume so, but don’t quote me on it.

If you can decipher anything from this let me know.

FFP explained…?

1 Like

I’m not saying it would be my choice, or that it’s going to happen. But i have said before i think he would suit the way Puel likes to play, so think it’s very possible.

He’s 23 i think and has been in France getting fit, so it wouldn’t take long for him to get match fit.

His attitude appears to be the real issue. I do believe it’s been over played quite a bit, so if the club think they can handle him i’d be less concerned.

Lastly doesn’t his contract expire in 6 months? WBA will be after whatever they can get and they want Rodriguez(according to the press). Remember he was very highly regarded before his falling out.

He fits what we’re after and will be relatively cheap, whilst having the potential to return us a big profit in a year or two(sound familiar).

Fonte is off.

£5m will be enough according to the article.

Blimey, that seems a bit cheap. I’d rather keep him for 18months and then let him go on a free. £9m and I’d be happier. Still, if the fucker wants to go then he can go. Get the black box warmed up!

Thought the same. If you want him mid season, you pay extra. Hoping that the club has someone good lined up that we have to give regular game time. Ruben Semedo? There is also Victor Lindelof but he’s supposedly going to utd for £40-50m. Either of them would do.