Tears for Peers

2 Likes

2 Likes

Originally posted by @pap

Twat Cunt Defector Nivea Boy :- I miss the South Coast

Twat Cunt Referee :- Just like your FA Cup penalties

BUMP

1 Like

Someone was pointing out that he has won a good haul of meddles during his time with 'pool, including a Champions League winners medal, a European Super Cup winners medal, a FIFA World Cup winners medal and will soon surely add a PL Champions medal.

I havenā€™t yet asked how many of those he actively played more than a bit part in winning. Itā€™s like saying Bertrand is a Champions League Winner, technically he is but he was only in the squad, he played no (major) part.

Apart from starting in the final.

3 Likes

Itā€™s quite funny asking the locals what they think of Lallana.

Yeah, heā€™s alright

Then you ask ā€œwhat do you think about his final ball?ā€

And then they suddenly realise they bought a load of shite for an inflated sum.

1 Like

Bertrand or Lallana?

And I did qualify it with ā€œmajorā€

1 Like

However I maintain that

Bertrand made his European debut in the 2012 UEFA Champions League Final against Bayern Munich on 19 May 2012, playing on the left of midfield,[29] becoming the first player in the Champions League era to make his debut in the final.[4] He was substituted with a knock after 70 minutes and replaced by Florent Malouda as Chelsea edged out Bayern 4ā€“3 on penalties.

is playing a bit part seeing as winning the Champions league takes more than just one gameā€¦

In any Cup competition you only get a medal for being involved in the final (albeit 7 subs these days). He could have played 6 group games and not won a Winners medal.

Did not know thatā€¦every day is a school day

Thatā€™s just rubbish for the people that play all the way through the group and knockout stagesā€¦

When did this happen?

Yeah missed the word club out from that oneā€¦

FIFA World Club Cup Winners medal

Thanks.
Wasnā€™t sure as heā€™s a bit of a John Terry and might have run on the pitch kissing the badge of whoever won it last(canā€™t remember).

Bertrand actually participated in a Champions League final and won.

Adam sat on the bench.

1 Like

I must admit I do find the ā€˜hateā€™ for Adam a bit muchā€¦ young man gets head turned by bigger club and enough money to set himself up for lifeā€¦ not the first, not the last.

I was once invited into the players lounge at SMS as my old mate Weston Saint went to School with Adamā€™s dadā€¦ before AL was regular In The first teamā€¦ ordinary down to earth folks proud of their son.

OK he made a dick of himself with his ā€˜head In Liverpool gaff, and then a bigger dick of himself with the news paper addā€¦ but how many of us want to be judged by the times we made a cunt of ourselves when we were in our 20s?

Still a good player and should be welcome back.

1 Like

In the PL?
Tell that to MLT(sitting on a street corner begging for his next meal).
Yes, the abuse can get ott, but the things that annoy the fans were very deliberately and knowingly done. He might not have realised the reaction it would receive(did he sack his rep or just rub his hands together at all the extra money?), but he knew exactly what he was doing, so to a fan heā€™ll always be a cunt.
Heā€™ll never be welcomed back and rightly so.

3 Likes

Sorry, but canā€™t agree. To players itā€™s a job. Using MLT is wrong as he is simply the exceptionā€¦ most fans accept that they wonā€™t see another like him who stays at a smaller club on lower wagesā€¦ he himself admitted he stayed as he was never under any pressure to work and train hardā€¦ something he would not have been afforded at a ā€˜biggerā€™ club

I just think life is too fucking short to carry shit around over what amounts to a ridiculous notion of fan expectation of people they donā€™t k ow and never willā€¦ there are enough cunts is this world who deserve to be hated without adding a few misguided and naive young kids to that mixā€¦ sorry but this is where football becomes ridiculous.

1 Like