🗣 Gigs

Huh

1 Like

I’m a little bit in love with SBW.

He was brilliant, as usual. Maybe even better. If you havent seen it and get a chance, “Content Provider” is a clever and funny show but only if you’re not a cunt.

1 Like

Got my Metallica tickets for Manchester a couple of weeks ago on presale. Will be the 11th time I have seen them :lou_sunglasses:

2 Likes

He’s a genius, and it’s all designed for a live performance. Seen him twice live and i’m a cunt :slight_smile:

I saw him in Cardiff at Chapter Cinema, really small venue. Shortly after the whole “Jerry Springer the Musical” debacle, which basically bankrupted him. I think it was filmed, was the most intensely brilliant performance.

1 Like

Can’t find it on youtube

UB40 in Dubai tomorrow. Last saw them over 20 years ago, they were good then!!

Hoping they still play a lot of the old stuff rather than the pop stuff, but a bit of reggae is always good fun.

Would much rather be seeing New Order next week, but as per usual work fucks me over again.

Thanks for the reminder, just booked my ticket for the southampton date :lou_lol:

1 Like

Lucky you :slight_frown:

I enjoyed it so much I’m going to see it again, hopefully, in June.

1 Like

No one likes a show off mate

1 Like

I think the words you’re looking for are ‘show off show off, pick your nose and blow off’ :lou_wink_2:

Pretty much

Saw Ben Marwood, Non Canon and Helen Chambers last night in Brighton.

It was the first night of Marwood’s comeback tour since being “ill” and it was fucking epic.

So much talent doesn’t get the exposure it deserves and yet this little venue (The Brunswick in Hove) pledges to find and showcase folk talent*.

Still buzzing this morning.

*that’s not an oxymoron, pap.

Ah…The Brunswick. I used to live on that road - horrible pub - great for gigs though.

1 Like

Neglected this thread recently, so a brief catch up.

Menace Beach at The Moth Club - loads of fun. Really cool little venue (close to home for me which is always nice). Support band, Bruising, were really good too - very grungey. Chatted to both bands on the night too, both seemed really sound. Came home with loads of merch :lou_facepalm_2:

The xx @ Brixton - utterly brilliant. Given some of the older stuff some reworkings, Chained mixed with Sweet Like Chocolate was a real highlight. Stage set up was amazing too. Another great support act, Sampha. Really enjoyed that.

Glass Animals @ Brixton - a bit meh. I only really went as KRGf is a fan. The band sounded fine, but was kinda ruined by the utter tossers that made up the crowd, and the frontman was bloody annoying.

Cloud Nothings @ Koko - as always, really solid. Such a tight band, not one for those that like a bit more going on, you just get them blasting through their tracks. But that’s fine by me when they sound that good.

The Lemon Twigs @Koko - another one I bascially went to because my mate is a fan. Was actually dreading it, as I was already hanging out of my arse on the day. But a couple of beers soon sorted that. Another really good support band, The Slot Machine, had never heard them before, but were enjoyable. The Lemon Twigs, they do sound like a band that grew up in a house where the only music allowed was The Beatles. That all said, they were really enjoyable. They’re at Glasto, and would suggest they are pretty good festival fodder. Perfect for a sunny early afternoon set up at the Park.

Got bluddy cancelled, dinnit.

Unsurprisingly I like 'em…I’d add to the The Beatles, ELO, Beach Boys, The Monkeys et al. :lou_lol:

I have the album playing in my car at the moment.

Off to the Forum tonight in Kentish Town. For Kasabian. Going with the other half otherwise unlikely I’d go. Just been reading about an alleged assault by the lead singer of their support band last night.

Need a few more of those ‘safe gigs for women’ lot at gigs.

Without a doubt the worst audiences I’ve encourtered have been at Kasabian and Oasis gigs.

1 Like