🗣 Gigs

Yep I’ll second that.

Oasis at the Rose Bowl was pretty tense, tons of attitude and scuffles breaking out all over the place … unusually, not on stage.

Last time I saw Kasabian was at portsmouth Guildhall. All gig there was unusal laddish banter between band and audience. End the gig came and the whole crowd started singing ‘play up pompey’ and continued to do so until we eventually got out of the venue… I almost wrenched the girl I was with, arm out of it’s socket, when she opened her mouth to start singing OWTS, back at them. Would of been funny if I wasn’t so on edge. Great gig tho’

2 Likes

Yeah I was at the Oasis gig at the rose bowl. Owned a few albums as a student but more of a Blur fan. Mate had a spare ticket so I went. One of the weirdest slightly scary and tense gig I’ve been too.

Must be something in the air. We get in venue and then have an argument. Partner thinks I was shouting and being stroppy. I was shouting over the music so he could hear me. Ah well.

1 Like

Hey I have a fab idea. We shall all add each other on Facebook and whenever we are at a gig we can live Facebook it! It will be so much fun.

I admit to taking a few pics and maybe a 30-60 second video. So I know I am maybe slightly annoying in that respect.

Ah, but did you insist on sitting on your partners shoulders to take them ?

1 Like

At no point ever have I got on someone else’s shoulders at a gig. It’s about the only time I really want to throw something at those people.

Picked up a couple of Maximo Park tickets for their Newcastle gig on Saturday. A weekend of music and comedy it is with the good old Mrs Sfcsim. Excellent stuff!

Went to the Royal Albert Hall to see Michael Kiwanuka. I saw him at Glastonbury the other year but my partner hadn’t seen him live. He was excellent. Also his band was too. Fabulous venue and sound as ever.

But the demographics of the audience meant his song “Black Man in a White World” was apt.

You have to ignore the political aspects and just enjoy it

He has the most soulful voice and he knows it

1 Like

At the same time I should shut the fuck up etc :laughing:

Got a weekend of gigs. 2 nights in a row of Frank Turner at the Roundhouse. He’s curating the Lost Evenings festival.

Southampton lad Sean Mcgowan will be in Camden on Sunday so may go have a listen.

I’ll then need a few days off.

1 Like

Off to see The Christians tonight in Basingstoke.

I absolutely loved their first album. Haven’t seen hide nor hair of them since so I’m hopeful this isn’t a tour to showcase their conceptually heavy 14th studio album.

In fact as long as the lead singer still has that amazing voice they should be great.

1 Like

They played a pub gig here about 15 years ago no more than 200 people & unplugged it was superb.

Meanwhile a new record set here this week. 35000 tickets sold out in 50 minutes (that is crazy for us but not you lot normally takes 5 months!)

Anyway having lots of trolling fun with FB pals who missed out by saying…

Ed Sheeran? Meh already seeing him at Glasto…

1 Like

In the end did 3 nights at the Roundhouse watching Frank Turner. 3 very different shows. A Greatest Hits, Sleep is for the Week and a few EPs from around the time and then an acoustic solo set. He’s doing another greatest hits tonight. I am too knackered but my partner has gone for the fourth night. Frank has tried to not repeat many songes over the 4 nights and he was as ever relentless in going though the song after song. Great singalong stuff.

Sean McGown was on in the Hawley Arms for about 5-6 songs. Some new ones. He was good.

2 Likes

Very jealous, Intiniki.

You know you have been away from the UK for too long when the only way you have ever heard about an artist is on Social Media.

Never heard anything by Frank Turner but so many of you and my FB pals travel the UK to watch him.

Ho hum.

Maybe one evening I will find a few seconds to listen to him

You’ll walk out fixed, Phil.

No matter what ailed you walking in.

1 Like

Off to see local artist Dan O’Farrel on Thursday at The Talking Heads. Folky political musing.

He’s a founder of Accrington Stanley, a school chum of Rust Cohle’s, the husband of the wife’s workmate and an acquaintance of the dad of a bloke I work with.

Never seen him but feel like I should have.

Say hello from Matt from palookaville :lou_wink:

1 Like