šŸ—£ Gigs

I got a text from my partner near the end. Frank did a crowd surf around the roundhouse. Grabbed my partners hand at one point. Who wishes theyā€™d gone to night 4 now? :lou_facepalm_2:

1 Like

I was introduced to his music by a colleague at work. Pretty much love all his stuff. He did 3 sets at Glastonbury the other year (I saw all 3 - even thought one was up in a mudbath of the strummerville area). Not heard heā€™s doing anything there this year. Though he has space in his tour diary and is doing a fair few festivals in Europe. If heā€™s at Glastonbury and there isnā€™t a majoy clash go check him out.

2 Likes

I was introduced to his music by a colleague at work. Pretty much love all his stuff. He did 3 sets at Glastonbury the other year (I saw all 3 - even thought one was up in a mudbath of the strummerville area). Not heard heā€™s doing anything there this year. Though he has space in his tour diary and is doing a fair few festivals in Europe. If heā€™s at Glastonbury and there isnā€™t a major clash go check him out.

Today Arcade Fire announced theyā€™re playing an ā€œintimateā€ gig in Edinburgh in a few weeks (on election day no less). Tickets go on sale at 9am tomorrow morning - if my boss thinks iā€™m doing any work until I have one in my name, heā€™s got another thing coming! Wish me luck gang.

4 Likes

If I get a ticket can I stay with you?

Youā€™re very welcome to mate.

Got one! Weird to think iā€™m going to see my favourite band, who play in huge stadiums, at the same place we hold our work xmas partiesā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™m insanely jealous.

He said ā€œoh, say Hi. I havenā€™t seen him in ages. Is he still murdering Ukrainian prostitutes?ā€.

Went and saw Day Wave at The Garage last night. Proper venue, was a bit of a weird atmosphere, for obvious reasons, but the band were really tight and all thoughts of elsewhere soon melted off in the dreamy riffs. They did throw in a Joy Division cover, which was excellent and warmly received - it also showed a different, darker side to the band that actually shone a light on some of their not so obvious influences, which was cool.

Back at it again tonight, off to see Angel Olsen at the Roundhouse. Really excited for this, loved her album and the following track in particular is probably in my top 5 singles of the past 5(ish) years.

YASSSSS!!!

Got tickets for Arcade Fire @York Hall in Bethnal Green! So excited!

Meant to be seeing Radiohead the night before, but itā€™s at the MEN - so still not sure if thatā€™s on. What a week that would be if so!

2 Likes

Went to see Seu Jorge at the Royal Albert Hall on Tuesday. Had seats in a box (same price as other seats so thought why not?). Heā€™s a Brazilian singer, musician and actor (City of God, Pele: Birth of a Legend, The Life Aquatic). He did a acoustic set, just him and a guitar on a stage. In the Life Aquatic film it features Seu Jorge performing Bowie songs in Portuguese. So thatā€™s what we went to see. His voice is so beautiful. He spoke a little inbetween songs and was very funny and charming. There were lots of The Life Aquatic fans in (Iā€™ve yet to see the film).

Got a run of concerts coming up with another Bowie thing, Guns n Roses then Glastonbury followed by the Killers and finally Reading festival in August. Then we will have a break.

Maybe

3 Likes

Saw Dan Oā€™Farrell again on Saturday night at The Art House in Southampton. I wanted to introduce some friends to him.

Great gig with about 15 people in the audience - which is small even by the Art Houseā€™s standards.

I might have made a bit of a tit of myself as I MIGHT have been made to drink alcohol beforehand.

It seems I can heckle hilariously well in crowds that number greater than, letā€™s say, 16 people, but in smaller crowds I just look like a twat.

2 Likes

Depeche Mode at the Olympic Stadium on Saturday night.

1. They were great.

2. We got wet but it was alright.

3. The lighting was very good.

Not the first time weā€™ve come away from West Ham with three good points.

5 Likes

Iā€™m not a great fan but Robbie Williams was bloody brilliant tonight.

The best thing Iā€™ve seen on that pitch in months.

2 Likes

Oh.

So he was marginally better than a crock of shit then

1 Like

Saw Arcade Fire in Edinburgh tonight. They absolutely fucking rocked it - was grinning ear to ear the whole time!

3 Likes

So jealous, @supermikey . Canā€™t wait to see them at York Hall here in a few weeks (hopefully the night after Radiohead!!).

Without getting too spolier-y, what was the set like? Lotā€™s of new tunes? Bit of a mix?

Not that it matters massively, Iā€™ll love it either way. Just curious.

1 Like

Youā€™re in for a proper treat mate - this was the 5th time iā€™ve seen them and in terms of their performance it was as good as iā€™ve ever seen them. Everyone was really connecting with the crowd, they seemed to really enjoy playing a smaller venue and Win was gushing between every song about how much he was enjoying it.

They played 3 new songs last night including Everything Now (which was early in the set) - all very upbeat and dancy. Signs of Life is a funky little tune, even though nobody had really heard it before apart from on some low-quality YouTube videos the whole room was moving to it. Real mix of songs across the albums, at least 3 or 4 from each record which was quite cool. It did fall apart a little in the middle when they played some slower songs coming off the back of the best version of No Cars Go that iā€™ve heard them play, but aside from that they were on fire.

No real gimmicks aside from the big one you can probably spot in the picture, just them and the music. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Sounds perfect. Cannae bleedinā€™ wait!

2 Likes