Glastonbury 2017

My little brother is volunteering onsite this year and he’s sending constant Snapchats of goings-on around the festival. That little prick is going to get it when I see him next…

Last year I blocked the festival out, still haven’t watched a minute of footage from 16 because of bitterness over not getting a ticket however I think i’ll catch a lot of the sets this year - lineup is fantastic.

Thanks for the offer of being you Phil, I’ll give it some serious thought and get back to you sometime soon, no, you are alright thanks.

1 Like

Sat by the John Peel tent chilling at present. No issues with queues for us as we are glamping outside. However we do have 4 portaloos right next to our tent and an old punk who came back at about 2 am and decided to leave and sing along to PIL. He’s not a cheery chap.

Yesterday was ridiculously hot and lugging all your stuff to a tent was hard. There was just no shade anywhere.

Tents all up on my mates lawn. Roughing it no 4 poster bed yhis year but still have proper loo & showers and free WiFi & electrics!

having bbq tonight. Lads gone into the site for a recce & cider bus but I have a pack of doombar and saving my buggered knee for tomorrow.

Perfect temperature clouds clearing but a bit breezy

Watching the celebs go by the help pad is about 100m from us.

Oh mate had 70inch tv installed today so we can watch the egg chasers Saturday

1 Like

Pretenders knocked it out the Park. Now watching Japanese grunge decay punk. What a fucking din. Ouch

Heading for Stephen Frost improv at 2:20 always great

Hi hum

Secretglasto saying 90% sure tba at 730pm at Park is Elbow

Get In!

No wellies in sight anywhere!

1 Like

He lies. There are wellies everywhere because kate moss once wore short jean shorts and wellies 20 years ago and every fashionista still wears them even when there is no mud.

Waiting for Ride at the moment.

No wellies in sight anywhere!

Angel someone hoping the rumour was true about ElbowI even saw Johnny Depp playing guitar on the Pyramid stage!

Should be two Glastonburys, one for the middle aged middle classes and one for the young and skint.

There’s a distinct lack of integration in your proposal Barry.

Let the young laugh at the oldies. They can’t afford to do anything else and it’s the only time they get to see old people living in the same shit conditions as they do.

3 Likes

Just ban everyone over 25.

Beejeezus, how fit is Dua Lipa!?!

1 Like

The old have had their time, they’re denying youth a chance, they’ve had theirs, why should they continue their fun at the expense of our youth, selfish bastards.

2 Likes

60% to the under 25’s.

But there are already two Glasonburys, a dry sunny one and a wet cold one. Believe me they are two totally different experiences! :lou_smiley:

3 Likes

Elbow sing a long wow.

Now randomly at CleanBandit & really enjoying them

For that you should be forced to walk between Other Stage (Lorde then Major Laser & John Peele - Clean Bandit. Nobody apart from us farts over 15 in any of the crowds.

1 Like

Free burgers Phil?

1 Like

Done it, grown up. Leaving it to the kids.

Hopefully they’ll realise it’s almost a rite of passage when they reach their late 30’s and can then leave well alone - apart from banging on about how “real” it was in the old days, not like how it’s sold itself out today…

Not that I can be accused of that

:lou_sunglasses:

I just saw Millie Macintosh from made in Chelsea in wellies well Hunter wellies. I wonder if you are really here…