Glastonbury 2017

One big piece of news (but not a surprise) - Liam Gallagher added - which means both he and Noel on site at the same time - they couldn’t, could they?

And WTF? Johnny Depp? AND Kiefer Sutherland we in some bloody Hollywood movie or what?

Liam takes the tba slot on the Other Stage 17:45 to 18:45 Saturday so that will be a good couple of hours Kaiser Chiefs & Liam and means we WON’T have to see Katy Perry…

Although that would be a good sing a long

Liam Gallagher, Johnny Depp and NASA astronaut Mike Massimino added to # Glastonbury2017 bill + final poster!

Such is my commitment to Glastonbury that I’ll be unemployed for the duration. Contract comes to an end on Friday. I’ve got a renewal lined up, but got them to start it on the 27th.

As such, no-one can compel me to do ANY work during this period.

Best to be safe, like :lou_sunglasses:

2 Likes

Ah so its not just me. Been having the same thing myself with the battery draining much faster than usual on my Samsung … it’s ever since the big android version upgrade they pushed through a couple of weeks ago but I never connected the two.

I shall go through my settings when I get a moment … cheers for the heads up Phil

1 Like

I saw the last ever Oasis gig at v festival. I’d like it to stay that way and they still appear to be like little kids. I won’t be watching Liam as the 2 times I suffered Beady Eye were enough.

Surely there is a bigger surprise than Liam?

Indeed Intiki

But not for me. I will watch Nile Rodgers at that time. He put on the greatest musical content party night I will ever get to see down here and it was EPIC. For me that Chic gig is worth the entry fee alone. Also saw there 1st UK gig at the Winter Gardens back in 1970s ahem

Plus Barry Gibb right before.

Bet on the band? I’d say Arctic Monkeys reintroducing themselves to the world can’t see it being Gaga or Harry Styles but U2 busking is one I’ve seen

But only way I’d miss Chic is if I hear it is Fleetwood Mac. Following those links plus @secretglasto in case.

2 days to take off added more dry fit for heat & layers for the 6C mightier temp forecast!

BOOM!

Get in. After a HORRID run up of medical conditions & reactions to meds, FINALLY things seem to be changing luck wise.

1st up - I’m taking 11 vacation days (just over weeks) of annual leave.

THEN - Local authorities announce that the Eid holiday this year will be FIVE DAYS - so BOOM I get 5 vacation days back.

THEN - My Pilton based mate (who is the owner of the 1st rate mobile app development company I work for) decides that my stop over with him will be a Business and Planning Review - for both of us that means our “Subsistence allowance” is now tax deductable, PLUS I am now working “Overtime” Friday & Saturday of Glasto at time and a half so I get 3 MORE days vacation in lieu.

Two weeks away from here and ONLY 2 days leave taken.

(To be fair when I asked if I could claim the airfare as an expense he did reply with two words, one of which was off)

Downside? I have to lug my farking laptop back with me and down to Pilton Towers.

#small price to pay

#all checked in

#bugger now need to find the cash to take Mrs D_P on a vacation with those spare days (3 hopes)

3 Likes

I’ve had my leave entitlement reduced to 364 days when my wife told me yesterday I will have to clear the brambles at the bottom of the garden.

Pisser. :lou_sad:

3 Likes

I’m walking again, which is something. Currently have the balance of a man on a three day bender, so seeing what I’ll be like after a 3 day bender will be interesting.

Should be fun though.

3 Likes

The Out Of Office Email Alert is ON!

1 Like

I still have a hacking cough and 3 of my cases at work need to have the assessments done by next Tuesday before I take a week and a half off. 2 cases are kicking off. I don’t think any of them are in danger so I suppose that’s a bonus. Have a mound of paper work to type up having spent the last week visiting people.

Cannot wait for next Tuesday evening.

Christ, the state of you lot. And here I am, perfectly healthy and without a ticket! What a world…

6 Likes

Cough is manageable. Most of my work uptodate. All packed for a long car journey on one of the hottest days in the UK!

The line up is shite but I love Glastonbury, having a glasto bbq at my gaff on Saturday.

Are you going to make everyone climb the fence to get in then shit in a bucket?

4 Likes

My IT guy is unable to sort a department move. I have 2 team members out when I could have done with their expertise for a pitch.

Damn you Glastonbury!!

We need a penis-head shaking a fist - on second thoughts that sounds just plain wrong. As you were on that one…

About to head off in the next couple of hours. Doubtless I’ll find some means of keeping online in the middle of a huge fucking field, See you there, Sotonians that are going.

See you mostly on the other side, everyone else. I’ll expect we’ll have a new PM by the time I get back :lou_wink_2:

1 Like

So many happy memories of Glastonbury. I first went in 1982, then went every year for six years, the last time being 1987. The kids were small then, it was our summer holiday really. Of course it was much smaller then, we used to go on the Thursday morning, could park the car on the brow of the main arena overlooking the stage and pitch the tent beside it. There was a wide walkway in the middle for people to walk down to the front of the Pyramid stage. We were spoilt for the first two years, the weather was glorious with no rain, which came to an abrupt halt in 1985, the year of the mud. I remember Paul Weller coming on stage on the Sunday, looking out at the scene and saying"it looks like fucking Belsen out there!" It was hard work with two young kids but they loved the mud. Saw so many great bands during those six years.

I would love to do it again but i really don’t think i could cope with the size of it now, much too hectic at my advancing years! But i shall be there in spirit. I shall be watching it on the TV as usual, but this year i think i will go for the full Glasto experience. Will pitch the tent under the shower, take a dump behind the sofa, and settle down in front of the TV with a case of warm beer!

To all of you who are going, have a great time and i look forward to reading about your experiences when you get back.

4 Likes

What a fucking nightmare security was. Unprecedented queues, with the intended purpose, security, actually undermined it.

We were cooped up in queues of thousands while we waited to have our bags checked.

No different from last year, except it took five hours to get in, and at any point in that time, someone could have strolled up this dense line of citizens and blew is all to kingdom come.

They sent an email out after Manchester, saying to pack light, and don’t worry, you can buy everything you need inside. I suspect getting folk to leave shit at home and buy stuff inside is the main motivating factor.

The more I hear, the more I enjoy the TV coverage.

5 Likes

Chilling at my bro’s before shopping to stock up.

Lazy drive to Pilton tomorrow to my mates put the tents up then now. Lift up to Pyramid stage ready for Friday.

You should be me Rallyboy then it really is better than telly :sunglasses: