šŸ’‰ šŸ˜· šŸ’Š Health - Yours or Others. If You Want to Talk About It

I think Parkinsonā€™s Disease is an interesting subject. At my age Iā€™ve had a few friends and relatives whoā€™ve had it or still have it but as the title of this discussion implies, the incidence of it has doubled in the last 20 years.
Itā€™s a long discussion but very informative and perhaps a little scary.

Fitting new thread
Iā€™m off back to Hospital - in a small town an hour from here - to have a knee replacement done in mid May
It needs doing, I am terrified of it - the Doc is the top guy in Krakow and does an ā€œin the sticks clinicā€ so I had the look at my knee visit yesterday and surgery is booked for May rather than in November.
He speaks good English. Nobody else will and Mrs P_F wonā€™t be able to come see me

And yeah, a lot of illnesses have become more prevalent of late

1 Like

Yeah that video on Parkinsonā€™s starts by saying itā€™s a man made disease which surprised me. The fact was it was a very rare disease before the Industrial revolution and the major cause seems to be environmental pollution. Big indication is pesticides have played a big part in the upsurge. :frowning:

1 Like

And back in the day people largely carked it well before most degenerative diseases conditions could carry them offā€¦

5 Likes

Indeed.

The story that I remember

Basically - Deodorant use means youā€™re screwed

Ten years today since I was diagnosed with CLL

5 Likes

Iā€™m a pensioner so not going to be an issue for me.

1 Like

It must be a bugger keeping staff for any length of time at Slowlane Mansions, what with the hired help being run over by runaway horse and carts, random threshing machine accidents and not to mention the kids getting stuck up chimneys etcā€¦

Thatā€™s what most people donā€™t realiseā€¦thanks for your thoughtful post.
When you have a house with 12 chimney stacks and fire places on 3 stories we have got through a lot of youngsters over the years. :unamused:

Do you make sure that the fire is out before you send them up the chimneyā€¦

2 Likes

Of course not. A bit of naked flame gets the little blighters up there twice as fast, so itā€™s half the wages. Have you learned nothing from our resident overseer? :rage::grin:

1 Like

Mods?
Shouldnā€™t this post be on the Epstein thread?

Also it burns out the dead ones, saves hiring more to remove themā€¦

Absolutely, the average serf has little insight into staffing problems, be they indentured or expendables. :+1:

1 Like

Already got MS but I do my best not to smell :grin:

2 Likes

The bit about Aluminium and MS and other neuro diseases has been going around for over 30 years and nobody seems to have got any further with it.
When Lady Slowlane was diagnosed with MS 43 years ago they didnā€™t even have a test to diagnose itā€¦if you had none of the others you had MS.

Not much progress since eitherā€¦fortunately or unfortunately, you can get it on a scale from 1 to 100.

1 Like

The only good news is that there are 21 meds which helps slow it down. 25 years ago there were none.

And big advances in knowledge of lifestyle impacts such as foods which are inflammatory and make MS worse and others which make it easier.

4 Likes

IMG_1495

1 Like

I love my Mother in Law.
She just collected my Tramadol prescription

Yes i know 2 a week purely so i can manage 2 days a week of 7km walking or more. Today managed 2.8kms and just starting to scream

More kms before the Op the faster i get off tge crutches.

Thursday :crossed_fingers: personal trainer at gym intro & day 1

Struggling to find a pool easy to reach/affordable

1 Like