Hopes for Portsmouth this year

Plucky Skates hang on for a home 1 - 1 draw against 10 man Carlisle.

Mid-table already…promises well for the season. :lou_wink_2:

3 Likes

I do hope that this is finally their year. They deserve it for all the pain they’ve been through.

Yes, let this finally be the year they are acquired by a Billionaire.

(Soon to be) Mr Philip Green.

They so deserve each other.

2 Likes

Just to educate those who haven’t studied the subject, after about three games last season there were pompey fans saying they were top when they were in fact 4th on goal difference.

So if you see any Saints’ fans tonight pointing out that they are joint top, they haven’t gone mad, it’s just some mischievous portsmathematics at work.

It’s the same as them beating Carlisle 1-1.

2 Likes

I think it also quite heartwarming to realise they are just one point above the relegation positions. Not a myth…it’s factually accurate. :lou_lol:

1 Like

I see the nasty Carlisle players defended instead of going gung-ho when down to ten men. :astonished:

It hasn’t dawned on Cook yet that he will need players who can win him games like that.

1 Like

My hope for Portsmouth this year is that it sinks into a mire of its own filth!

Oh, sorry, you meant PFC? Same applies!

'Nuff said…

1 Like

Losing to Coventry in the EFL Cup (paint pot).

edit: it’s not the paint pot Goat you dick.

boo!2-2.

Extra time will knacker them out for the weekend!

3-2 Coventry. :lou_lol:

I thought there were groups, so why extra time? Why we not playing? I’m lost with this new format!

FT 3-2

1 Like

sim - it’s the league cup…or rather it was, as their campaign is now over and they’ve dodged the chance of a local derby again.

1 Like

Oh blinking heck! I thought it was that other one with the groups and our youngsters in. So league cup and they are out! Ha ha oh well.

Wow … 2 games into the season and out of a cup competition at the 1st hurdle and 1 point off relegation. Good start. Panning out pretty well so far!!

1 Like

Originally posted by @Goatboy

Oh no it aint!

Originally posted by @Lets-B-Drinking

Oh no it aint!

Oops! Whatever. They’ll fuck that one up too!

Morecambe 2-0 up :lou_surprised:

2 Likes

Morecambe 2-0 up :lou_surprised:

Time for some Wise cracks about Morecambe

I believe Pompey fans are really enjoying their time in Division 2…#realfootball