I look at the table and I'm very concerned, bollocks to the clappers I'm fucking worried!

Ribsy, has gone awol after the Spurs debacle… and is also livid with paps simple yet rather dull and bland thread titles…

I am match thread starter until we lose next, tyvm.

We’re a superstitious lot at Sotonians. Lou was performing her once-in-a-year Boxing Day ritual of sacrificing gerbils to the Dark Lord Blair yesterday. Now it’s not something that she does every day, but we just don’t know if it was a factor. She’s fucking off down the pet shop for more rodents :lou_wink_2:

Respect the continuum, bTripz. I will commence these match threads until comedy fucking defending defeats us.

It’s okay, I’ll go down the lucky steps again instead of the ramp.

1 Like

Yes, I must genuflex and abase myself at the good lord Pap’s feet and offer up my sincere apologies, I hadn’t seen that the uber lord thread starter had actually started the match thread, the King is dead long live the King…

Originally posted by @Rallyboy

It’s okay, I’ll go down the lucky steps again instead of the ramp.

I don’t intend to go to every future match on crutches, but may well use the ramp again, instead of the middle flight of stairs.

LOL! Keep it up, Pap! You’ll get there in the end! Let me know when you’ve started for real!

1 Like

I am very worried.

We will win the next 2 league games.

I thought we would only get one point from the last three games so I am not too disappointed at this point. The lack of discipline with some of the players is a concern though and you dont want that kind of attitude in the club. I am not sure what is worse though. The feeling of disappointment when we lose of the over the top knee jerk meltdowns on TSW.

1 Like

I will go as far as saying we will reach 40 points before the end of March! :grinning:

1 Like

A new dawn, I am sure the board will be well happy with that ambition , I wouldn’t be if they are then they should simply say staying in the League is all that counts and nothing else, no Cups, no European ties, no trophies.

At least we would know where we stand, what do we want from the club? Where can we realistically end up? I have always said mid table and bollcks to what the board say as they’ll always fold and sell as they are business people and not fans, I haven’t been proved wrong yet.

The very disappointing thing about this season is losing for stupid reasons, the likes I have not seen since Adkins’ inaugural Premier League season. Yesterday was a case in point; there is no fucking way on Earth that anyone actually coached Wanyama to make those tackles. It was never part of the plan, but it happened, and it’s something we need to address.

The real question is where the issues are coming from. Yes, we hugely miss Schneiderlin and I’d echo the praise he received for remaining professional until the end. The turmoil reflects our place in the football pecking order.

I do not know how you solve this, but something that’d help immeasurably is retaining a top class academy talent; sell them on the MLT dream. Given the way that man is now perceived, both inside and outside of Southampton, it’s a little sad that we haven’t been able to keep anyone on those terms. Of all the regrets he has, not leaving Saints isn’t one of them. When is someone going to realise that’s actually a pretty good fucking gig?

1 Like

Originally posted by @pap

When is someone going to realise that’s actually a pretty good fucking gig?

When we can pay them 100K+ a week, I imagine.

2 Likes

Originally posted by @pap

The real question is where the issues are coming from.

Mardy Africans wanting big moves and fucking off their fellow pros with their petulent attitudes.

1 Like

Big Vic certainly didn’t put himself in the shop window yesterday. No good having a tank if it ends up rolling over all your own plans. Bloody terrible decision making.

Thing is, I had assumed that we’d done the “shut up for a season and we’ll let you go” thing with Vic. Obviously not, if he’s still clamouring for a move now.

1 Like

Vic has not been the player he was last season for most games. Arsenal was one of the exceptions. Strange indeed if he is still pushing for a move. If Arsenal base any decision on one game, then £25m please, but somehow I think they may look elsewhere unless Vic seriously ups his performances.

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

Originally posted by @Sfcsim

I will go as far as saying we will reach 40 points before the end of March! :grinning:

A new dawn, I am sure the board will be well happy with that ambition , I wouldn’t be if they are then they should simply say staying in the League is all that counts and nothing else, no Cups, no European ties, no trophies.

At least we would know where we stand, what do we want from the club? Where can we realistically end up? I have always said mid table and bollcks to what the board say as they’ll always fold and sell as they are business people and not fans, I haven’t been proved wrong yet.

I honestly do not know what you expect? I think the ambition should be top 6 (or Europe) depending on who wins the cup and yes the other should be a trophy. We are not going to break the top 4 unless we receive a much larger investment.

If we have 40 points by the end of March, we will still be in a strong position with 21 points still to play for at this point we could still make the top 6/7. A great season again, but we need to get the team together and their heads in the right place!

Top 4 at the end of a season may not be a realistic ambition, but we were there for a fair part of last season, and Leicester are doing it this season, so it should definitely be a target, along with a cup final appearance.

I really don’t like the make-up or balance of our team this season though. I look at our forward options, and think individually, they would each be better and more effective if we had a “natural” goal scorer besides them - but together, the combinations just don’t seem to work. Midfield is a worry, as we don’t seem to have a playmaker. Defence is still our strongest area (until we get an injury or suspension), but for the fullbacks to play to their potential we need our defensive midfielder to be at his best to provide additional cover when they go bombing forward.

Is it just me, or is the"attitude" just wrong this season as well? All this guff about not getting the rub of the green, or suffering bad luck is just bollox as far as I am concerned. The more you train/practice the luckier you get as far as I am concerned (to butcher a quote from Gary Player). Accept your flaws and work on correcting them. Give 100% every game. Simple.

I’d be happy with mid table this year and a good cup run, as long as we get rid of those who don’t want to be here and replace them with people who do (and either get rid of, or give some opportunities to academy players. They are never going to truly show their potential playing for the reserves)

1 Like

Are we in relegation danger?

No.

Common sense says that any team that can despatch Arsenal in that style will not be going down.

But we are two home defeats away from the biggest crisis since we attempted Total Football with academy players and journeymen.

1 Like

If MLT was playing now though Pap and just reaching his full potential, do you still think he would stay? Back in his day the wage gap wasnt as great as it is now and there is the lure of CL football which seems to be the pinnicle of ambition now rather than playing for your country. There would be so much more pressure on him to join a “big” club nowdays.