It's fucking cold!

A plumber?

Why didn’t you call a wheelright, a cooper or a stevedore to look at your heating?

I’ve got the number of an excellent phlebotomist if it breaks again.

Good luck finding a domestic gas engineer who is not a plumber Bletch. Would be as likely as Baz being happy about Southampton.

5 Likes

It seemed that way, although the gauge said it was OK so it was a case of eliminating other things I could do first.

I thought it was something done by your maids / house staff?

:wink:

Thank you! I’ve been saying this for a long time.

2 Likes

Did 3 visits today. Cancelled one as I was just knackered walking in the snow. I spent a bit of time at a bus stop and my feet still haven’t thawed out 3 hour later with a hot water bottle attached to them.

Leytonstone looked pretty. One parent couldn’t believe I’d walked to her house.

6 Likes

Young Adult finally got her wish and had a fuck-ton of snow dumped on Exeter this afternoon.

Only problem is the whole town is cut off and all the pubs, supermarkets and corner shops are pretty much all closed.

I guess it’ll be a sober weekend :smiley:

You need to be careful about what you wish for

2 Likes

Yeah, she did express some surprise at just how soft and flexible the pipe was - she’d expected it to be much stiffer.

6 Likes

Sooo. Get home after dodging various and plentiful fuckwits. What to do? Hey Ayatollah, it has just gone past 4pm. Got to be pub. 4 pints later, home made chilli, and a bottle of claret later, the beast from the east (pretty sure I have had her) can kiss my arse

11 Likes

I fucking love being bored and shit faced. Pretty sure I have just bought tickets to the stones at twickers that finishes 8 hours before I get a flight to Dubrovnik

viva la booze

6 Likes

Fair fucking play to Ocado

they just delivered our order (albeit 4 hours late).

Chapeau.

4 Likes

Well I’m meant to be going to see Oxford vs Fleetwood on Saturday but it’s been called off because of the weather. The question now is whether we still go just for the beers (which is actually preferable) and face the chaos of the roads.

Quite correct @cobham-saint but you still need to know how and why to do things :lou_lol:

1 Like

Aww

I see - it’s so you know how best to direct them. It’s a bit Master / slave don’t you think?

Mind you Mrs C_S takes the same approach with me. It works :lou_sad:

Master / Slave

Boss / Employee

take your pick as they both appear to be the same to me but one is just a litttle more colourful

Blimey.

Which part of Red Snow warning did nobody understand yesterday?

Spent an age this morning reading about 5 hour journeys to Hedge End and people sleeping in cars at Cadman.

Duh

5 Likes

Ridiculous isn’t it. Mrs G walked home from the General at 8 and said there were cars sliding about everywhere, abandoned in the middle of roads etc. She’s just set off on another hike to work fully expecting complete chaos.

I’m just turning the underfloor heating up another notch and staying put.

9 Likes

There was a chap face timing the news channel this morning from the car he had just spent the night in whilst stuck on some motorway or other. His view, ironically, was that his predicament was down to bad planning…by the govt.

:lou_facepalm_2:

1 Like

Next report

people stuck on train

Tater “are there anyone at risk on the train “

some random ”yes, there are some people on here who don’t have winter clothing”

WTF!!!

need to stop watching the news

6 Likes

I share your frustration with the twats (mainly from the younger generation) that ignored all of the weather warnings putting emergency workers at risk.

It is either because they didn’t see the red warnings because they weren’t posted on Instagram and SnapTwat, or they decided to embark on a 300 mile journey wearing some shorts and a string vest because they think they are in some sort of action film that will have a happy ending.

If virtually all of your life experiences come from the virtual world you presumably have virtually no awareness of real world threats.

They are virtually cunts.

9 Likes