Liverpool v Saints, EFL Cup Semi Final, Second Leg

Who’s going to this?

Not me :lou_angry:

Shame not too sure what time I’m out but well looking forward to this.

I don’t reckon VVD will be fit but think Davis could be back. My team:

Forster

Cedric Stephens Yoshida Bertrand

Davis Romeu Clasie

Redmond Rodriguez Tadic

A bit harsh on JWP and Long may well start but I’d settle for this.

I’d play Long on the shoulder and a 4 4 1 1 with Rodriguez, if we’re defending a good out is always the belt down the line.

Claude Puel is still waiting for the results of a scan on Virgil van Dijk to see whether the defender can play against Liverpool, but Steven Davis could return.

Saints visit Liverpool for the second leg of their EFL Cup semi-final, as they take a 1-0 advantage with them to Anfield.

But Puel is still uncertain as to whether new team captain van Dijk will be available, after he picked up a knock in Sunday’s 3-0 win over Leicester City.

However, freshly-appointed club captain Davis could be fit enough to feature, after recovering from an injury that has kept him out of the last few games.

"van Dijk, he is having a scan and I am waiting for the results at the moment,” said Puel.

“It was a good kick on his ankle, and he could not continue in the game yesterday.

"It’s not serious, but I don’t know if he can participate in this game. We will see in the next days before the game.”

Puel added: “It’s better for Davis. We will see tomorrow in the training session if he can participate in this game or not.”

Originally posted by @Goatboy

or me :lou_angry: :lou_angry:

Provided he is fresh having played Weds and Sun, I would go with JWP. In good form and his confidence should be even better

4 Likes

Reckon Puel will play on the counter too so might start with Long rather than JRod.

2 Likes

Both interesting possibilities.

3 Likes

I’ll be there. It’s the hope that kills you. Bastards.

3 Likes

Originally posted by @Goatboy

I thought you were off to buy a ticket as soon as you left the pub??

Think this is a game where we need Davis doing his thing under the radar kind of feel he is often our Metronome giving us the right tempo.

JROD won’t start it’s obvious as Puel played him longer than 60 mins Sat to keep Shlong fresh.

JWP? I think he’ll go Romeu Clasie Davis if he can.

Only surprise may be Sims for Tadic. Obviously Dogshite will start - where’s that Thread Bazza?

Especially IF VVD is out Davis becomes key

Kids against Arsenal again

Couldn’t square it with work commitments/mrs.

Doesn’t she like digging shallow graves on her own?

1 Like

Nah. She needs a lift to a punter.

5 Likes

You need to sort that out, you seem to be fitting your life in around hers, rather than the proper way.

Unless I’m misinterpreting the OS (entirely possible) - it looks like we’ve almost sold out. Which is a pretty good effort.

1 Like

Is there a meet up or is Bazza getting swerved?

2 Likes

Cherts will be there

6 Likes