Liverpool vs Southampton Match Thread - 7/5/17 K.O. 13:30

Hmm, strange sub but does that mean we’re going to play the long ball?

Ok caught up now internet when dead slow just before the penalty

Not getting the supply to Gabby from out wide which is what he needs so Long provides pace through the middle, sitting on the shoulder of the last defender for the “Long” ball.

2 Likes

Good fighting point. Great rearguard action.

Sorry Klppety Klopp you’re not good enough. :lou_lol:

3 Likes

And that’s that for Saints vs Liverpool this season. Played four, won two, drew two, lost none. Goals for - two, goals against - zero.

I’ll take that any season you like.

13 Likes

Nice point that 4 games no goals conceded against Liverpool. Ha ha

2 Likes

very good result. I was infuriated at the end when we could have crossed the ball but decided to pass back and then give the ball away. With 10 seconds left. Why? Anyway, 10th in the table and a performance out of good organisation.

1 Like

Very well-earned point there. Credit to Puel for getting the team so well organised and set up - he’s very good at playing for a point but doesn’t seem to have much idea about how to play for a win!

Word for the full-backs today who were especially good. Proper quality footballers.

3 Likes

Well we did to Liverpool what Hull did to us!!

1 Like

Puel, clueless or good tactician…discuss…whoops we’ve done that already haven’t we. :lou_wink_2:

A good battling defensive performance but poor passing again. No creativity and no attacking threat. Tadic was bollocks again.

Well done FF. Cracking penalty save.

Any point away from home is a good point.

3 Likes

Epic defensive performance

Good day to have a meeting in the pub.

Not Puel’s biggest fan but he got it spot on today.

3 Likes

Saved plenty in Scotland! Check out his saves! Look at the coaching at SFC maybe?

1 Like

Im pleased for FF should help with his confidence. Need him to be on the case if we are going to catch Leciester

I’m sorry but FF is class anyone who wants shot of him are fucking nuts! He needs competition agreed and like everyone he needs to be fit, but it seemed that an unfit FF is better than our back up! Says a lot.

Perhaps the coaching staff have started work on penalties and decided this is an area that could gain us a few extra points over a season!

Gavstar bang on the money again :lou_wink_2:

6 Likes

I’m not going to argue this one again but what I said was that in general he goes down too early making it too easy to score or for the kick taker to change his mind last minute. If you’ve ever heard Le Tiss talk about the way he took penalties then you’ll know what I mean. I don’t watch Scottish football so I can’t comment.

All I know is that today he stood up and didn’t commit and made a great save.

Lets hope this result is the one that ultimately prevents Liverpool making the top four and consequently VVD decides to fuck them off!

God - people on Saintsweb are actually trying to spin a point at Anfield out as a bad result ffs. Ridiculous.

2 Likes

You and 7 billion other people :lou_wink_2:

1 Like