Making a roast

No, hob nail boots.

1 Like

Wouldn’t touch that, more a pie and mash man.

I bet it would be posh mash, probably made with sweet potato. You’re a whopper, Barry

Kumara if you please.

Isn’t that the bloke who didn’t notice pompey have a player sent off when he was meant to be reporting?

4 Likes

A roast can consist of the below foodstuffs or just some of them to your own and guest’s tastes of course.

Roast Beef, Pork, Lamb, Chicken.

Pea’s, Corn on the cob, Sweetcorn, Carrots, Swede, (mashed or cubed or together) Broccoli, Cauliflower (with or without cheese sauce) Mushrooms, Asparagus, Sun dried tomatoes. Brussels with walnuts (I Forgot them Cheers Phil)

Roast Potatoes, Boiled Potatoes, Roast Turnips, Roast Parsnips, Roast Onions, Yorkshire puddings.

Gravy to go with the different meats.

Red or White wine.

Port and Brandy / Whisky

Originally posted by @PhilippineSaint

A roast can consist of the below foodstuffs or just some of them to your own and guest’s tastes of course.

Roast Beef, Pork, Lamb, Chicken.

Pea’s, Corn on the cob, Sweetcorn, Carrots, Swede, (mashed or cubed or together) Broccoli, Cauliflower (with or without cheese sauce) Mushrooms, Asparagus, Sun dried tomatoes.

Roast Potatoes, Boiled Potatoes, Roast Turnips, Roast Onions, Yorkshire puddings.

Gravy to go with the different meats.

Red or White wine.

Port and Brandy / Whisky

Fuck off bollocks.

You cannot have a Roast without roasted Parsnips.

Plus you can’t have corn TWICE. Just once is wrong.

And where are the Brussel Sprouts?

Brussels and Roasted Parsnips added and the corn is there twice as it states can consist of some of them not necessarily both of them

Phew. So it was a Typo not a lifestyle choice then

1 Like

Mushrooms? Fuck off!

2 Likes

Asparagus and sun-dried tomatoes? Get you ducky! And where’s the stuffing?

1 Like

And the red cabbage?

Stuffing only in the chicken that’s an intergral part of cooking a roast Chicken I thought you would have all known that.

Mushrooms Asparagus and Sun dried tomatoes also essential.

Red cabbage is a condiment it comes in glass jars.

I never also put horseradish, English mustard or mint sauce or and mint jelly.

Sun fucking dried tomatoes? This is a traditional English Roast we’re talking about isn’t it? Are you Gino diCampo?

6 Likes

Just eat it you know you want to.

If you go back far enough a traditional English roast had everything that was available at the time of year plus the roasted animal.

Well obviously they did back in your Childhood.

But then the rest of us aren’t 750+ years old

3 Likes

I just feel 750 after having a month off work.

there is some proper nonsense on this thread. Roast dinners are a relatively simple affair with no room for sun dried tomatoes, asparagus, sweet corn or mushrooms.

3 Likes

Sun-dried!

Meaning some lazy bastard just left them on a window sill for a bit.

And keep tomatoes away from a roast.

It’s not a frigging salad/fruit cocktail.