Maynority government

Good grief. I suppose that explains the level of fucktardery appearing on uglytv if that’s the pool of ‘talent’ they are trawling.

Think I’ll wallow in the lefty echo chamber.

1 Like

James O’Brien on how we ended up in this turmoil.

1 Like

Remember the very short Tory leadership campaign? I’m watching the runner up, Andrea Leadsom, on Sunday Politics right now. She’s still a politician, but the difference in warmth is like night and day.

People gave her a hard time for suggesting that her family ties would make her a better candidate for leadership than Theresa May. I bet some of the Tories that sank her are kicking themselves now. She’s actually a Tory people might like. She campaigned to Leave, unlike Theresa.

Very good leader’s audition today, I thought.

That’s true, papster.

In fact May’s recent failings puts Leadsom’s actions during the leadership contest into some sort of context.

I thought she’d just made a clumsy and cheap comparison regarding her being a mother and May not.

Looking back with hindsight, she was telling everyone what an emotionless, robot May is.

3 Likes

I had noticed that she’s been a bit more present the last few days. She popped down to Grenfell too.

3 Likes

I always thought Leadsom had a point. I’m now starting to wonder if the media framed her as a weirdo to promote May’s unopposed coronation.

I wrote this back in the day. Was never sure of it, but still stand by it.

I was impressed by Leadsom’s visit to Grenfell Tower. Not only was she brave enough to stick her head over the parapet, but she actually looked like someone that gave a shit.

I don’t want to generalise on the state of only children, but I’ve always felt that May’s lack of immediate family concern would translate into a lack of wider concern. I actually underestimated her.

When you think of all that she is prepared to do in our name for her power, she’s actually a lot scarier than that.

Originally posted by pap

Originally posted by Tokyo-Saint

Call me old fashioned but I would never want to be a member of a forum that didn’t want to suspend or bar me.

We don’t want to suspend or bar you.

That’s better although it did hurt my feelings. You have to be more careful about your hurtful words Rasputinrapedic.

Seriously @tokyo-saint take it to Beef. Don’t infest good threads with personal bullshit.

As you were.

ok, Liam.

I think the writing is on the wall for ‘Mummy’ when the usually reliable Telegraph are furiously backpedalling on the support they were giving her when she called the election. Of course it shouldn’t be forgotten that the odious Boris is paid a stipend of 150 grand a year by the Telegraph for a weekly column of mostly incomprehensible drivel.

“It is a bold decision and one that affords Mrs May the opportunity to become as dominent a figure on the political stage as Margaret Thatcher was 30 years ago… she is right to call an election.” - Daily Telegraph editorial, 18 April.

“It was always a gamble to call a snap election and Theresa May’s decision to do so was particularly surprising in view of her inate caution… Rarely has a prime minister made such a calamitous misjudgement.” - Daily Telegraph editorial, 10 June. Ha ha ha, what a backstabbing bunch of weasels. Tory press eh, don’t ya just love em!

11 Likes

Tbf to telegraph, they didnt anticipate just how hopeless a campaign she would run. None of us did.

As key components of that campaign, the Telegraph, The Sun and The Mail have to take their own portions of the blame.

Having had meetings with ministers to discuss the election, it’s a bit much for them to come out now and distance themselves from the debacle.

6 Likes

Hard to sell a shit product

Some of us did. I’d been saying for months that she’d be sunk on television. And so she was.

3 Likes

He’s turning into Jonathon Pie

1 Like

8 Likes

Is that a King Billy of Orange banner behind May?

Brilliant.

1 Like

Indeed it is.

Excellent viewing. We need more people speaking up like O’Brien.

1 Like

I reckon O’Brien and Pie should team up and do 'an evening with’ tour.

It would be as full-on as a night with Ken Dodd, but without the tax evasion.

Or maybe an ITV cop drama? - O’Brien and Pie, a rookie cop is teamed up with a crusty old DI and insists they do things by the rules.

They fall out but through a serious of minor scrapes and lessons in life they learn to respect each other - Amanda Holden as the love interest, guest appearance by Dawn French.

1 Like