Mind blowing things that you would like to see happen in your lifetime

How can you answer that? Would you favour one of your own family in a certain circumstance then?

Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

Arthur C Clarke

I love that.

3 Likes

Originally posted by @Bearsy

Someone upvoting a Barry post

Oops.

OK you need another one Bear

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

Originally posted by @pap

You can’t discard trolls, they are also beings…

Bazza meets with a load of trolls every day under one of the M62 bridges. They tell him what to post.

Yes, yes I do, I live nowehere near that wool road but yes.

Are you a realtive of James Joyce, Barry?

Originally posted by @Halo-Stickman

Two people are drowning; one is a member of your family, the other is a complete stranger.

You can only save one.

Do you give them equal billing?

How can you answer that? Would you favour one of your own family in a certain circumstance then?

You’re right, Barry, I can’t answer that because, fortunately, I’ve never faced the scenario I painted and hopefully never will. Nevertheless, I strongly suspect that In a life or death situation I would put the interests of a close family member before those of a complete stranger; indeed, I’m pretty certain I would put a close family members’ interests first in almost every circumstance. I believe this is human nature; don’t you?

Personally, I don’t have an issue with this; but, as I see it, nepotism between family members has a tendency to extend more widely to encompass favouritism in other sorts of groupings i.e. friends, classes, political leanings, ethnicities, cultures, nationalities, religions etc. I believe that this tendency for humans to favour like-minded groupings is, unfortunately, one of the barriers to achieving the equality that you have been talking about in this thread.

1 Like

Originally posted by @Fowllyd

Please refer to included map.

1 Like

Joycey’s a ledge, always a the first in and last to leave at a do.

Originally posted by @pap

Originally posted by @Fowllyd

Please refer to included map.

I love that map, always raises a smile.

Bazza’s nearly always right Mr Stickman, as I said I truly believe aliens will land before we are all equal.

Two people are drowning; one is a member of your family, the other is a complete stranger.

You can only save one.

Do you give them equal billing?

You’re right, Barry, I can’t answer that because, fortunately, I’ve never faced the scenario I painted and hopefully never will. Nevertheless, I strongly suspect that In a life or death situation I would put the interests of a close family member before those of a complete stranger; indeed, I’m pretty certain I would put a close family members’ interests first in almost every circumstance. I believe this is human nature; don’t you?

Personally, I don’t have an issue with this; but, as I see it, nepotism between family members has a tendency to extend more widely to encompass favouritism in other sorts of groupings i.e. friends, classes, political leanings, ethnicities, cultures, nationalities, religions etc. I believe that this tendency for humans to favour like-minded groupings is, unfortunately, one of the barriers to achieving the equality that you have been talking about in this thread.

Bazza’s nearly always right Mr Stickman, as I said I truly believe aliens will land before we are all equal.

Yeah, I reckon the arrival of aliens on Earth is about the only thing that would make us all equal.

Btw, good to see you again, Barry.

1 Like

Bazza thanks you in the 3rd person Mr Stickman for your kind words.