New Manager - Claude Sacked

Someone tell me its not going to be Sergeant Tim

I see Sven-Goran Eriksson has just been sacked by Shenzhen in China.

Wonder if he’s on the candidate list?

That’s true…fuck tactics we need a manager who has a good range of goal celebrations with an ego to match. Puel’s main problem is he didn’t have a wide enough selection of touchline histrionics.

“GET IN”…goes down on one knee, puching the immaginary prone Jurgen Klopp.

That’s who gets my vote…anyone know who it is?

1 Like

Top post.

6 Likes

Not much I can add after that excellent post. :clap:

3 Likes

I’m with you Ant. We complain about clubs like Liverpool and their sense of entitlement but there is an element of our support that behaves the same. At first I thought he would be given another season, or at least until Christmas, to show that he could improve matters but the longer it went on the more it seemed to spell the end for him. I get the impression that he failed to convince Les that he had a plan for improvement. I hope it was that and not pressure from the fans. If you listened to some on TSW we would have a new manager every three months. So much for the “quiet Summer” that Les promised us. Let’s hope we finally get someone in who at least sees out his contract.

2 Likes

We need a complete change - I want a manager who is interesting!

A bloke who might get locked up occasionally for fighting in night clubs or drink-driving after the odd supercar-crash, because the players need a leader, someone who stands up for himself.

He might even get physical with some players occasionally, some of them need a slap.

So what if he needs a mystery wad of cash to make some transfers happen, that’s the modern game, and if he needs his stomach pumped after collapsing on a pavement during an all night drink and drugs binge, everyone needs me time.

The Black Box must be able to find a bloke who fits this profile.

We might not win much but at least the pre-match press conferences would be more interesting.

Let’s make this happen.

4 Likes

It’s not going to be Sergeant Tim.

HTH

1 Like

I don’t think he has been dismissed for not bettering or progressing us from last season and I wish part-time pundits (yeah Chris Sutton, I’m talking to you) would stop trying to use that made up reasoning to condemn the club for pulling the plug.

The truth is that he has gone because he didn’t manage to achieve any progress in the style/manner in which we played from his first game to his last. In actual fact there’s an argument to say that performances went backwards. Goals and points suffered as a consequence. If there were signs that he was close to achieving what he was brought in to do then I believe that the club would have backed him.

I reckon that the players have had a role in this to an extent as well and they (some at least) don’t buy in to him.

With regards the players who left, Romeu had a great season so Wanyama’s sale shouldn’t hold too much significance in my opinion. Equally, in terms of goals, Pelle endured long goal droughts in each of his two seasons. He did bring more to the table than just goals of course (his hold up play and hot girlfriend mainly). Similarly Mane went through pretty much the entire winter months without scoring. He then finished the season with a flourish and got a hat trick which allows his season total to flatter to deceive a little. Of course he also brought more to the table than goals (his terrifying pace and directness. I never saw his Mrs so cannot comment).

Injuries to key players have probably hurt him more than the sales.

It certainly isn’t his fault that those bunch of numpties missed 3 penalties in a row that would likely have seen us amount 4 more points. The atmosphere at the ground would definitely have been better if Tadic had scored and we’d beaten Hull and then Gabbiadini scored against Utd and we’d won. But they didn’t and its true that it’s a game of fine margins.

At the end of the day, the two previous EPL champions both disposed of their managers the following year. That is the nature of the beast unfortunately. Very unforgiving, but they are well compensated so I’d rather feel sorry for those fans on low incomes who paid to endure games like against Hull.

I joined Sotonians this time last year during our search for a new manager so it feels rather poetic that it has gone full circle!

8 Likes

Yes Puel was a good man. He is now a millionaire. Lets not get too sentimental. We need to save that for more real things.

Sean Dyche, Big Sam, Touchel, Wagner are all good communicators in my book. I would be happy with any of them

Big Sam??? :lou_is_a_flirt:

Shame. He was one dodgy linesman decision away from winning us a cup, which would surely have bought him another season to see if he could turn league form around (without European football to contend with).

But in the end I reckon it came down to a choice of sacking the manager or having a significant player clearout - many of them seemed to want him (or was it Black?) gone. The easier decision is to lose the manager.

JRod’s brother was classless on Twitter, and kind of sums up how many of our fans are nowadays. Best get your family in line when you move to West Brom, Jay, as I doubt Pulis will think twice about benching you like he did Berahino.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the next manager was someone like Pearson or even Rodgers. Fuck me, I hope not.

What did his brother say?

Klopp for me

We need some one to cavort down the touch line, intimidating the linos.

We need someone who taps up other players with gay abandon

We need someone who gives their players deep satisfying hugs as they leave the field

1 Like

He became an agent? Always wondered what happened to him. Was a top poster and very good looking I heard

9 Likes

I heard he sold out to the highest bidder. A bit of a tart in fact but each to their own.

Technically an agent then :lou_is_a_flirt:

2 Likes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40280691

There once was a Frenchman named Claude

Whose football made everyone bored

His lack of a front line

Meant it’s been a long time

Since anyone, ‘ow you say, scored

10 Likes

Something along the lines of “Cyaaaa you goat” and then a flipping-the-bird and a hilariously-laughing emoji. Someone more technically minded can probably link to it properly.

1 Like
7 Likes