New Manager - Claude Sacked

Cheers, found it via Jay’s retweet about his Corsa being stolen! Glad to see Jay hasn’t been dishing out the cash to his turd of a brother!

No idea why ‘goat’ is offensive or even an expression but hey ho.

1 Like

Goat = Greatest of all time

I thought, anyway.

1 Like

One might observe that if his brother could hit a cow’s arse with a banjo more regularly he might have got some more fucking games - and saved his manager’s job.

7 Likes

Probably some northern jibber-jabber. One of our resident uplanders can probably translate it.

I knew I could rely on you @btripz

1 Like

COYS

Onwards and upwards. :innocent:

Thank you Uncle Claude. :smile:

Vital for the new season to appoint best we can get and to get started ASAP.

I am available :cool:

2 Likes

Someone said that same thing, to which he replied :-

Stay classy Clan Rodriguez

2 Likes

Would it be interesting / fun / depressing if we go with the retro kit AND appoint Kevin Keegan?

P.s. no actual rumour was harmed in the creation of this post lol

6 Likes

ANd here’s the proper confirmation

Remember this banner paraded by Aston Villa fans as they slipped to relegation and turned on the team

… don’t think it’s a term of endearment :lou_lol:

2 Likes

One of the most highly regarded young Managers that you’ve never heard of - and he’s a local lad too

now that would put the cat amongst the pigeons!

PS… there is no basis to my link other than the fact I used to play 5-aside with him - and the fact he was shortlisted for the England U21 job last time around

1 Like

https://twitter.com/foreversaint_/status/875306401677033472

1 Like

^^^ He’ll do…does he speak English?

I had a crazy dream earlier that @newyorksaint had told everyone that he’d be happy with Sam Allardyce!

Silly me!..

1 Like

Puel had to go as he couldn’t engage with the fans or the players … I get that. But tbf he wasn’t really given a chance.

A large section of fans wrote him off before the season even started because he wasn’t Pelligrini, with total disregard to his work with Nice.

On top of that he had a small group of players who sulked and ambled their way through the season, rather than get their heads down and get to grips with an alternative tactical style. They weren’t happy with his squad rotation, admittedly extreme but lets be honest, even the rotated teams he played should of been good enough to score more than a single goal over the course of 180 mins against the Israeli’s if they did they’re job.

I can see that our relationship with Puel was broken beyond repair and his departure was inevitable but I can’t help thinking that we’ve missed trick. I still think there was so much more to come from him if he’d been given a fighting chance and people had got behind him rather than throw their toys …

So goodbye Claude, thanks for your efforts and good luck for the future.

Who’s going to replace him is now massively important and I must admit, I’m a bit worried by the quality of the available candidates.

7 Likes

See New York? Told ya not to worry.

Nageelman is a good shout but that’s my opinion NOT our source