New Manager - Claude Sacked

I’ll join you in thanking Claude.

I’m not sure about the bit about the players though. Yes, a professional athlete should knuckle down and do their best. But getting players to buy into the ideas, the tactics, keeping a happy squad together and moving in the right direction; ultimately these are the largest part of a manager’s job. If that hasn’t happened then he’s not done his job effectively.

Equally, if you think that the players put out on the pitch should have been good enough, but then they failed, questions have got to be asked about whether they are being deployed to their best effect.

1 Like

Are there any charismatic Chinese managers looking to come over?

I dont think it would work in the PL but I wouldnt mind some big Chinese kung fu goal keeper - preferably female or trans, join us. As long as she/he was competant it would be a great stunt and certainly build on our cartoon network fan base as well as showing a clear sign to our ambition

Before any questions my desire to import talent from China:

Big Sam is a man of the people and wouldnt shirk at managing a transexual Chinese goalkeeper. And Kat as a German is very open and accepting

Unfortunately modern (top-level) players seem only to respond to “Hey, I’m you’re pal” managers rather than old school “Do what I fucking say” managers. Poch likes to put his arm round players and convince them he’s their friend, as does Klopp, even Pep to an extent. Conte is probably a little more on the ‘disciplinarian’ side, but still looks like ‘one of the gang’. Claude was seemingly too ‘distant’ and didn’t like to cuddle enough.

5 Likes

He cuddled Ward-Prowse quite a lot but wasn’t so hands on with people like Long. I think Shane deserved a hug. Puel out.

1 Like

de Boer current favourite.

1 Like

Which will make a lot of people unhappy as he is ultra-defensive too.

Time for Jack Shcitt to earn his stripes! Come on man!

3 Likes

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/15350069.Tuchel_won_t_be_new_Saints_manager/?ref=rss

Adam Leitch claims we never wanted him anyway! A case of us saving face or was it purely just idle gossip?

@dubai_phil hurry up and get us some more from your source. I’m not being impatient or excitable just bored senseless on a 4 hour train journey!

I agree, this is definitely his shot at ‘redemption’!

I’d like to hear some rumours please, I like most of my world views or betting tips based on the random thoughts of stories heard third hand from taxi drivers or airport staff.

Uhoh

https://twitter.com/USASoccerFanz/status/875271096743989249

Claude wouldn’t or couldn’t adapt to our game, goodnight Claude its be a drawl…

You must be gutted Bazza ??

Claude has released a very classy statement. Decent guy. He deserved a more dignified end to his career with us.

3 Likes

From the style of play that claude introduced it makes me wonder why he was appointed. I always thought the template, ie the southampton way was a high energy, pressing style as per the pochettino era.

Claude says thanks

Fair play and respect to him for saying something of this nature. He didn’t have to.

You weren’t quite right for us but all the best for the future Sir.

6 Likes