:labour: New Old Labour in trouble

I’ve had a bottle of wine so I’m not sure if cherts has gone off crying or is just going out for the night?

I’ve been drinking whilst cooking for my dad and his mate. It’s an old Corbyn recipie.

If someone would just fucking explain then maybe I would.

Jeez Fatstuff

:lou_facepalm_2:

Look, mate…if youdont want to support our brave Boys then that’s fine, but at least let those of us who wish to respect the dead to doso.

Steady fella. Yes, I could have googled wherever the fuck this armed forces day is all about, but thought I’d ask on here. If you can’t be arsed to tell me and go all Daily Mail on me then FUCK YOU.

Showing your true herd mentality here

I respect anyone who paid the ultimate sacrifice for our country

I don’t respect the political parties responsible for recent conflicts and deaths of service personnel and civilians.

3 Likes

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Blimey, settle down you big bellend. Whilst you’re looking up Armed Forces Day, you should also seek out irony and sarcasm.

2 Likes

Fair point big guy - I do tend to go off on one when I get a sniff off Daily Mail-iffery, real or imagined.

:lou_wink_2:

3 Likes

The thing about Armed Forces day that I’ve always thought is that everyone should really be able to celebrate it for purely selfish reasons - on the basis that if literally 0 people in the UK volunteered to be in the military, we’d have to implement some kind of a call-up even in peacetime or just go without.

Regardless of whether our boys are running around killing baddies-what-might-not-be-baddies or indeed handing out food packages to refugees in Greece, I personally don’t much fancy doing either - and thanks to the fact that there are a fair few noble brave souls/poor brainwashed pawns/kids with no other opportunities/whatever who do, I don’t have to.

So here’s to the armed forces! Whatever their reasons, motivations and whatever the government instructs them to do, let’s celebrate the fact that because of them, we all get to be non-soldiers.

2 Likes

I only knew about this because some bloke in a comedy camouflage outfit came around the pub yesterday with a collection bucket collecting money for armed forces day. I told him I’d never heard of it and got a bit of a scowl in reply. I dutifully chucked a pound in his bucket, wondering what the hell they do with the money. It could be spent on worthy things like helping injured soldiers and their families but there again, it might be spent on cruise missiles for I know.

And, if it is a collection for guys who’ve been injured, why do we not have collections for other people who’ve been injured in industrial accidents? Essentially, that’s what being injured as a soldier is, isn’t it, an industrial accident.

2 Likes

I’ve never heard of armed forces day either. Anyway Jeremy Corbyn was great on stage and if talking about peace isn’t also helpful for armed forces (i.e. not getting maimed in futile/illegal conflicts) I don’t know what is.

8 Likes

LOL. You boo-hoo’ed coz Corbs went to Glasto and now you’re stropping off coz of some imagined hypocrisy on here? Are you hungover and emotional Cherts?

3 Likes

‘Corbyn snubbing’ is a non-story - especially when 95% of the country also didn’t know what the day was.

There seems to be a macho obsession with being prouder of our armed forces than other people are, when the reality is that most people are right behind our servicemen and women and fully recognise the personal risks involved - they just don’t repost cliched borderline right-wing shit on Facebook.

We have Help for Heroes, Remembrance - worthy and very well supported causes that get great support - we don’t need any Britian First crap aimed purely at shaming people less obsessed than them.

If there is any discontent around armed forces it’s aimed at the likes of Blair and Thatcher who casually sent many to risk and lose their lives - or at the people of York who, as they clarified during their recent QT appearance, are desperate to engage in a nuclear war as soon as possible.

3 Likes

I didnt know what armed forces day was either but perhaps we should also have a day for firefighters, police, nurses, doctors etc?I always thought it was a bit strange having one day a year when we are thankful for mothers, fathers etc. Shouldnt we be thankful to them every day of the year?

1 Like

Saw that Jeremy coped some flak for not bowing to the Queen and not signing the National Anthem the other day. As a reknown reupublican it would have been someone what hypocritical if he had surely? And I also dont see how that wasnt paying respect for the actual service he was attending.

https://twitter.com/hrtbps/status/878560470218809345

4 Likes

Also Jeremy on his facebook page did post about Armed Forces day thanking them for their services. So a bit of a non story then.

1 Like

Bump.

4 Likes

“Unelectable”.

Labour would win a majority in a general election if it was held tomorrow, a new poll has indicated.

Jeremy Corbyn’s party continues to capitalise on a surge in support following the snap election in June, as the latest YouGovsurvey for The Times found that 42 per cent of respondents would back Labour in the polls, compared to 41 per cent for the Tories and 7 per cent for the Liberal Democrats.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-win-general-election-majority-mps-seats-tories-conservatives-poll-voting-intentions-theresa-a7948426.html

Bump :lou_sunglasses: