Norwich V Saints FA cup 3rd round Build up & Match Thread

Very good guess Simon says.

How about the score(not interested if it’s not a win).

Let us know if you find a stream

Must admit to finding it hard to get enthused about this one.

Norwich fans are up in arms about the £25 ticket price and it’s looking like the ground will be half empty so not expecting a thriller. I’ll predict an unremarkable 2 nil win for us.

Anyone know of any live feeds ? … can’t seem to find much in the way of FA Cup games on Sportsmania.

… anyone remember when the FA Cup 3rd round was a big day in the football calender ? How times change.

Originally posted by @steveintheforest

Must admit to finding it hard to get enthused about this one.

Norwich fans are up in arms about the £25 ticket price and it’s looking like the ground will be half empty so not expecting a thriller. I’ll predict an unremarkable 2 nil win for us.

Anyone know of any live feeds ? … can’t seem to find much in the way of FA Cup games on Sportsmania.

… anyone remember when the FA Cup 3rd round was a big day in the football calander ? How times change.

Shame the Champions League has devalued it and strangely that now is in a bit of a quandry as people are getting bored of that.

1 Like

No stream because of you Dinosaurs wanting FA Cup on terrestrial telly.

It’s your fault stop whinging

:wink:

I’ve been on Forster’s back all season, but I thought he’d had his best game in a long time versus Everton.

Soccer Saturday saying that Lewis hasn’t started any competitive games this season (I think that’s what I heard).

The OS says zero games in 2016/17 but I thought I’d seen his name on U23 teamsheets.

Either way, it’s a big move to put a keeper in the for his first game mid-season.

One of many nails in the coffin of the FA Cup was the moment the FA agreed Man Utd could drop out to play in the World Team Championship. Been downhill since then.

3 Likes

Yep. D_P is correct. No streams today. You can listen here though.

1 Like

OptaJoe@ OptaJoe 3m3 minutes ago

3 - Southampton haven’t scored on any of their last three visits to Carrow Road; all coming in the Premier League (D1 L2). Neutralised.

Annoyingly I had a feeling Lewis and Stephens would play and it was 50/50 Bertrand as he has missed a couple recently. I went for McQueen with Liverpool in mind but clearly I should have trusted my gut!

1-2

1 Like

Originally posted by @TheCholulaKid

Originally posted by @MrTrampoline

Originally posted by @BTripz

Forster dropped or carrying an injury?

Looks a pretty strong team to me…

You’d have to assume he’s being ‘rested’, which may be a mix of the two.

The team itself looks relatively strong with some good options off the bench. Going to watch the match with an open mind - I don’t think a win is beyond us.

Let us know if you find a stream

Ah right you are, not on SportsMania.

Well if you had bothered scanning the U23s thread you would have seen his name in quite a few of the teamsheets. Don’t think he played yesterday though.

Seems to be a common theme on twitter

Mathew Cannon@ Saintsforever24 48m48 minutes ago

Slate Koeman for not using our academy. Puel does it and people are moaning about a weak team. # saintsfc

Nige@ Baldsaint 42m42 minutes ago

# saintsfc fans, “play the kids, PLAY THE KIDS” Puel plays the kids “bloody hell he’s playing the kids, Puel out”

3 Likes

Definitely. Plus the fact that more teams are qualifying for European football and the money & prestige from the Champions League just being far more important than either of the domestic cups.

One of the most fun things to do on SaintsWeb was telling the old codgers that I’d gladly take 4th and CL qualification over an FA Cup win, then watching them froth at the mouth whilst shouting that such an attitude summed up ‘everything that was wrong with modern football’.

1 Like

Play the kids under the right circumstance I think would be more apt don’t you? When we’re winning, when we’re at home and when theres not as much pressure, the kids have to be ready also.

Yeah, I guess that was the point I was making,

This from the OS, U23 section

That must be an error.

edit: or refers to first team appearances.

Originally posted by @Goatboy

Originally posted by @saintbletch

Originally posted by @Big-Pedantic-Bob

Originally posted by @saintbletch

Originally posted by @Big-Voteless-Bob

Forster dropped or carrying an injury?

Looks a pretty strong team to me…

I’ve been on Forster’s back all season, but I thought he’d had his best game in a long time versus Everton.

Soccer Saturday saying that Lewis hasn’t started any competitive games this season (I think that’s what I heard).

The OS says zero games in 2016/17 but I thought I’d seen his name on U23 teamsheets.

Either way, it’s a big move to put a keeper in the for his first game mid-season.

Well if you had bothered scanning the U23s thread you would have seen his name in quite a few of the teamsheets. Don’t think he played yesterday though.

Yeah, I guess that was the point I was making,

This from the OS, U23 section

That must be an error.

Or his games have come after the 26th September (only just noticed the date when I did the screen shot).

1 Like

I can’t get the OS voice stream to work (no sound).

I’m using the link on BBC Radion Norfolk.

1 Like

Southampton FC@ SouthamptonFC 6m6 minutes ago

20: Dušan Tadić draws a superb diving save from # NCFC’s Michael McGovern, following his 25-yard free-kick. # saintsfc [0-0]