OptiNews - Friday 17 to Thursday 23 March 2017

Sourced from Optimus trousers summary article summary

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 17/03/2017 13:06:08

| | Southgate Talks Redmond & Ward-ProwseVITALFOOTBALL |
| | Southampton man buzzing about his big newsFOOTBALLFANCAST |
| | Financial Figures Reveal That Saints Are A Trading Club Not A Selling Club ! - Southampton NewsTHEUGLYINSIDE |
| | Vital Preview - Premier League, 18th-19th Mar 2017VITALFOOTBALL |
| | The Saints Injury Table NewsVITALFOOTBALL |
| | Four Saints Get England Call (17/3/17)VITALFOOTBALL |

...raptly brought into being by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Star article

Paul Merson’s Premier League predictions: Who is he backing this week?

Show/hide article…

PAUL MERSON has put his neck on the line and called the result of every match this weekend.

The controversial Sky Sports pundit has made his predictions for the 10 Premier League games coming up over the next two days.

The biggest match of the weekend is Manchester City v Liverpool on Sunday, with West Brom v Arsenal and Tottenham v Southampton among the other crunch fixtures.

CLICK THROUGH THE GALLERY ABOVE TO SEE MERSON’S PREDICTIONS.

Go to the original article…

...translucently hatched by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by SouthamptonFC tweet

@SouthamptonFC - Southampton FC

Watch live as Claude Puel speaks with the media ahead of #SaintsFC’s trip to #THFC: https://www.periscope.tv/w/a5qLCDMxOTB8MXlvSk1lTUxxbU5KUYht3-E3kEDIdXz7RLrREITT0po1CIaXiKdu-AQI_JN3

Retweets: 2

Favourites: 3

...voraciously generated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Puel on @NathanRedmond22 and @Prowsey16’s #ThreeLions call: “It’s fantastic for them and for the club.” #saintsfc https://www.periscope.tv/w/a5qLCDMxOTB8MXlvSk1lTUxxbU5KUYht3-E3kEDIdXz7RLrREITT0po1CIaXiKdu-AQI_JN3

...raunchily brought to pass by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Puel on #THFC: "They have a lot of wins at home, so it’s a good challenge for us. It will be interesting to see our… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/842731797922418688

Retweets: 0

Favourites: 2

...superbly costructed by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Puel says @JrmyPied could train with the #SaintsFC first-team next week, while @chazaustin10 is also getting closer. https://www.periscope.tv/w/a5qLCDMxOTB8MXlvSk1lTUxxbU5KUYht3-E3kEDIdXz7RLrREITT0po1CIaXiKdu-AQI_JN3

Retweets: 4

Favourites: 12

...eagerly built by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Southampton FC - Official Site article

Video: McQueen reflects on England Under-21 call

Show/hide article…

Watch as Southampton defender Sam McQueen reflects on his first call up for England Under-21s ahead of their games against Germany and Denmark.

...indiscernibly churned out by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Mark Lawrenson’s Premier League predictions: How does he think your team will do?

Show/hide article…

MARK LAWRENSON has had his say on this weekend’s fixtures.

“So how does he think former club Liverpool will get on at Manchester City? ”

The veteran BBC pundit has made his predictions for all 10 of the top flight games coming up over the next two days.

So how does he think former club Liverpool will get on at Manchester City? Is he backing Stoke to upset Chelsea?

CLICK THROUGH THE GALLERY ABOVE TO FIND OUT.

...drolly hewn by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Puel: "It’s difficult with one game every two weeks to keep concentration, but it’s important to have a good respon… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/842734531761201152

...discerningly forged by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Claude Puel has finished speaking with the media ahead of #SaintsFC’s trip to #THFC.

We’ll have more on… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/842735481997746176

...colorfully brought to pass by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

It’s special for me, says McQueen

Show/hide article…

In a whirlind year, McQueen has made his Premier League bow, extended his stay at St Mary’s and made his Europa League bow at the San Siro.

“It’s special for me and it’s a relief if I’m honest. I’ve been working as hard as I possibly can to be in and around the first team at Southampton and it’s another aim to get a call to represent the country.

“For it to come, it’s been a long hard journey for me to get to this point so it’s a relief I’m there. I’m excited and desperate to have more it.

“It has been a strange one but it’s been an incredible season for me. I’ve loved it and it’s a huge lesson learned about how quickly things can change in football.

“It could change back suddenly so I need to make sure I stay on my toes and that I work hard even when I’m in good positions and getting amazing opportunities like playing for country, it’s a reminder of that.”

McQueen joins defender Jack Stephens in the squad for games against Germany and Denmark, and he revealed that his Saints teammate played his part in breaking the news.

“I’m looking forward to playing alongside Jack with England. Hopefully we do get to play together and I’m looking forward it. We’ve had a good chat about it already.”

“I didn’t know what to expect. I wasn’t sure if it would come up on Twitter or anything like that so I was just sat in the changing room waiting.

“Jack got a text through from someone at England asking for my number so he showed me and I think that’s when we both knew it might happen.

“I got a bit excited then and when the text came through I was just buzzing to be honest.”

...juicily formulated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Anthony Crolla predicts weekend’s Premier League fixtures: Who does he think will win?

Show/hide article…

BOXING champ Anthony Crolla has had a go at predicting the result of each Premier League match this weekend.

The Manchester United fan is busy preparing to try to take back his lightweight title from Jorge Linares next Saturday.

But he’s taken time out from his training schedule to pit his wits against Mark Lawrenson in the BBC pundit’s prediction column.

So who does Crolla think will come out on top during the upcoming round of games?

Click through the gallery above to see Anthony Crolla’s Premier League predictions.

...appeasingly put together by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 17/03/2017 14:06:21

| | Blast from the past as Southampton midfielder’s dreams come trueFOOTBALLFANCAST |
| | Southampton homegrown XI: Champions League winner, Liverpool talisman and Arsenal trio featureHEREISTHECITY |
| | More Call Ups For SouthamptonVITALFOOTBALL |
| | Video Channel ! England Call Ups ! - Southampton NewsTHEUGLYINSIDE |

...clumsily moulded by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

#SaintsFC boss Claude Puel has no fresh injury concerns ahead of the trip to face #THFC in the #PL: http://sfcne.ws/CPSpursTeam

Favourites: 2

...boastfully originated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 17/03/2017 15:06:36

| | Arsenal legend advises arch enemies to go for Southampton starFOOTBALLFANCAST |
| | Southampton brilliantly troll James Ward-Prowse following first England call-upGIVEMESPORT |

...headily fathered by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

:speaking_head: “We’ve been playing a lot more attacking football and it’s something a player like myself thrives on.” #saintsfc http://sfcne.ws/NRConfidence

Favourites: 10

...uncontrollably shaped by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from BBC article

Blackburn Rovers v Preston North End

Show/hide article…

Blackburn could have defender Charlie Mulgrew and striker Sam Gallagher back for the visit of Preston after both were troubled by hamstring problems.

Midfielder Corry Evans (groin) is less likely to be ready as Rovers look to extend their six-game unbeaten run.

Preston will assess Paul Gallagher, Alex Baptiste and Marnick Vermijl, who could return after periods out injured.

But manager Simon Grayson will be without John Welsh, Calum Woods and Tyias Browning, who are all sidelined.

Rovers are certainly harder to beat under Tony Mowbray; the point earned at Fulham on Tuesday no doubt ruined many people’s accumulators.

However, Mowbray isn’t satisfied with a six games unbeaten - he says only victories will do in the battle to beat the drop.

The last three meetings between the sides have all been settled by the odd goal and you wouldn’t bet against the same again.

Preston’s quest to breach the top six is fast becoming one of the big stories of the Championship season and looks to be getting stronger.

The guile of Aiden McGeady and Daryl Horgan, plus the pace of Tom Barkhuizen, was too much for Reading last weekend and Rovers might also struggle with North End’s incisive counter-attacks.

Ironically, Preston’s play-off aspirations were boosted by Rovers’ draw at Fulham in midweek but Simon Grayson - a former Blackburn player - will be in no mood to return the favour.

...tippily hatched by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Butterfield: Foxes will come out flying

Show/hide article…

Saints saw off the Foxes 4-2 at the beginning of the month, and now they return in the play-off section of the Under-18 Premier League.

“I am expecting Leicester to come out flying,” started Butterfield.

“I think when you play a team so quickly after a good performance against them previously, it’s a sense of them wanting to put one back over on you.

“But we can only ask our lads to continue the consistent performances they have been putting in of late. So as long as they go into the game with a positive attitude they should be okay.”

Craig Fleming and Butterfield will be without defenders Yan Valery and Christoph Klarer for the trip north.

The duo have both been called up for international duty with France Under-18s and Austria Under-18s respectively.

“The two boys are off to play competitive football for their country,” he continued.

“That’s only a good thing for them and also the club that we have got young lads off playing at international level.

“It also opens the door for other players to step into the team whilst they are away, so it is positives all around.”

...stonily dreamed up by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Ward-Prowse relishing Southgate reunion

Show/hide article…

Southgate’s England side travel to face Germany in Dortmund, before taking on Lithuania at Wembley in a World Cup qualifier.

And having earned 27 caps at Under-21 level and worked closely with the boss, Ward-Prowse says he is looking forward to a reunion.

“I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my time working with him. There’s been a lot of good times and some bad times where we’ve lost certain games,” said Ward-Prowse

“That’s helped me develop my character and as a player as well. It’s a good relationship and hopefully that can continue.”

“I’ve already spoke to Fraser about things within the squad. It’s nice to have people like that because Fraser and Ryan are top professionals with a lot of experience at a high level.

“It’s great to use that for me and Nathan going into the squad.”

...insouciantly shaped by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Redmond: Confidence has grown

Show/hide article…

Redmond celebrated a first senior England call this week, along with Saints teammate James Ward-Prowse, as he was rewarded for an impressive run of form recently.

Having moved back to a more natural wide position, Redmond explained he feels a bit more comfortable and that the whole team is thriving right now.

“We’ve been playing with a lot of confidence, and that’s helped the likes of Dušan, myself and Prowsey going forward, in those forward areas,” he said, ahead of Sunday’s visit to Tottenham Hotspur. "We’re playing with a lot of confidence and I’m glad that’s showing.

"It was a bit of a difficult start to the season, playing out of position and adapting to a new style of play.

"But the second half of the season I think has been a lot better, with the cup run, Wembley, and bouncing back from Wembley with the whole squad.

“Of late, we’ve been in good form, we’ve been scoring a lot of goals, playing a lot more attacking football and it’s something that a player like myself thrives in.”

...voluminously churned out by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!