OptiNews - Friday 21 to Thursday 27 July 2017

Sourced from Optimus trousers summary article summary

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 21/07/2017 12:54:18

| | Liebherr having second thoughts about takeoverREADSOUTHAMPTON |
| | How Can Liverpool Want Van Dijk When They Make No Offer ! - Southampton NewsTHEUGLYINSIDE |
| | Manchester United bring back grey kit evoking memories of Southampton defeatEUROSPORTUK |
| | EPL: China magnate ‘unsure’ about Southampton dealASIANCORRESPONDENT |

...callously created by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by SouthamptonFC tweet

@SouthamptonFC - Southampton FC

Got your ticket for #SaintsFC’s opener against #Swans? :thinking:

Block 43 is now open to home fans: http://sfcne.ws/SwansHGS

Retweets: 0

Favourites: 2

...unreasonably formulated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Mail article

China magnate casts doubts over £200m Southampton takeover

Show/hide article…

The owner of a Chinese firm behind a bid to take over English club Southampton said on Friday the deal was being held up and that he wasn’t sure if the current owner still wanted to sell, casting doubts over the long-running negotiations.

Chinese stadium builder Lander has been in protracted talks to buy Southampton from current owner Katharina Liebherr since the start of the year, but the deal has hit some road bumps, including Lander’s listed unit pulling out of the deal in April.

‘It is not clear at the moment. The seller is having second thoughts about selling the club,’ Lander’s founder Gao Jisheng said on the sidelines of an event in Beijing. He declined to comment further on the deal.

An external PR spokesman for Lander later said Gao had not made the comments as reported.

Southampton was rescued from the brink of bankruptcy by German-born Swiss businessman Markus Liebherr in 2009 and his daughter Katharina inherited the club after his death in 2010, becoming non-executive chairman in 2014.

Although not one of the traditional powerhouses of English football, the club has finished in the top eight of the Premier League for the last four seasons and has a highly-regarded youth development operation.

The Premier League had given Lander’s owner Gao clearance to take an 80 percent stake in Southampton’s holding company, Lander Sports Development Co Ltd said in June.

With support from Beijing, Chinese investors have ploughed billions of dollars into global soccer teams over the past couple of years.

However, overseas investments have become riskier business this year amid a crackdown by regulators on ‘irrational’ spending overseas, including in sport.

Suning Commerce Group Co Ltd, which bought Italian soccer club Inter Milan last year, saw its shares fall this week after China’s state broadcaster cited the €270million deal (around £240m) on a show about risky investments.

Beijing is on a drive to control risks in its financial system, including firms taking on excessive levels of debt to fund overseas deals. Chinese authorities clamped down on capital outflows and overseas acquisitions last year.

Go to the original article…

...enlightenedly forged by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Mail article

China magnate casts doubts over £200m Southampton takeover

Show/hide article…

The owner of a Chinese firm behind a bid to take over English club Southampton said on Friday the deal was being held up and that he wasn’t sure if the current owner still wanted to sell, casting doubts over the long-running negotiations.

Chinese stadium builder Lander has been in protracted talks to buy Southampton from current owner Katharina Liebherr since the start of the year, but the deal has hit some road bumps, including Lander’s listed unit pulling out of the deal in April.

‘It is not clear at the moment. The seller is having second thoughts about selling the club,’ Lander’s founder Gao Jisheng said on the sidelines of an event in Beijing. He declined to comment further on the deal.

An external PR spokesman for Lander later said Gao had not made the comments as reported.

Southampton was rescued from the brink of bankruptcy by German-born Swiss businessman Markus Liebherr in 2009 and his daughter Katharina inherited the club after his death in 2010, becoming non-executive chairman in 2014.

Although not one of the traditional powerhouses of English football, the club has finished in the top eight of the Premier League for the last four seasons and has a highly-regarded youth development operation.

The Premier League had given Lander’s owner Gao clearance to take an 80 percent stake in Southampton’s holding company, Lander Sports Development Co Ltd said in June.

With support from Beijing, Chinese investors have ploughed billions of dollars into global soccer teams over the past couple of years.

However, overseas investments have become riskier business this year amid a crackdown by regulators on ‘irrational’ spending overseas, including in sport.

Suning Commerce Group Co Ltd, which bought Italian soccer club Inter Milan last year, saw its shares fall this week after China’s state broadcaster cited the €270million deal (around £240m) on a show about risky investments.

Beijing is on a drive to control risks in its financial system, including firms taking on excessive levels of debt to fund overseas deals. Chinese authorities clamped down on capital outflows and overseas acquisitions last year.

...bountifully created by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Got your seat secured for #SaintsFC’s clash with #Swans? :thinking:

Tickets are now on general sale: http://sfcne.ws/SwansHGS

Favourites: 4

...unspeakingly modelled by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Southampton FC - Official Site article

Forster signs new deal

Show/hide article…

The 29-year-old had penned a deal until 2021 last summer, but has now extended that by another season, taking his commitment through to 2022.

England international Forster arrived at St Mary’s in 2014 and has gone on to make 103 appearances for the club since then, including being the only ever-present during the 2016/17 Premier League campaign.

Vice Chairman (Football) Les Reed said: “We are extremely pleased to have strengthened our commitment with Fraser, who has been an integral part of our team over the past three seasons.

“He has already established himself as one of the leading keepers in the Premier League and, at 29, we believe he still has his best years ahead of him, not just for us but also the national team.

“This is the ideal place for him to continue his progress, under the guidance of our Head of Goalkeeping, Dave Watson, and we are delighted that Fraser continues to see his long-term future at Southampton.”

Fraser Forster said: “I’m delighted. I have absolutely loved my time here at Southampton so far and when the opportunity came along to extend it I didn’t think twice about it.

“I think it’s a fantastic club to be at, with a really bright future, and the ambition shown at the club is one where they want to move it forward, so for me it was a no-brainer.”

...euphorically manufactured by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Sky Sports article

Ryan Seager signs new Southampton deal and joins MK Dons on loan

Show/hide article…

Southampton striker Ryan Seager has signed a new two-year contract and joined MK Dons on loan for the 2017-18 campaign.

The 21-year-old is now committed to the Premier League club until the summer of 2019 but will spend the first of those seasons in League One with Robbie Neilson’s side.

Seager made a brief Premier League debut for Southampton in February 2015 against Swansea and also played in the FA Cup defeat against Crystal Palace.

He also had a spell on loan with Crewe but suffered a serious knee injury while with the Railwaymen and spent a long spell on the sidelines recovering from that setback.

“When I got the news I was going to sign a new contract, I was very happy,” Seager said. "I’ve been here since I was about seven or eight years old so there was never any questions about me signing really.

"The medical staff were great with me last season in helping me get back fit and this has given me the confidence that they still believe in me and they know I can get back to what I was doing before.

“I went there a few days ago to meet him [Neilson] and we got on really well. The philosophy he wants to play with suits my style of play so I can’t wait to start working with him.”

...misguidingly shaped by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 21/07/2017 13:54:31

| | Leicester City and Southampton reportedly battling it out for Valencia manLALIGABLOG |
| | Seager signs new Saints deal and joins MK Dons on loanREADSOUTHAMPTON |
| | Saints striker Seager signs for DonsMILTONKEYNESONLINE |
| | Striker Seager signs from SaintsMILTONKEYNESDONS |

...maddeningly given rise to by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers’ RSS Feed rss feed

Read Southampton

New content from (- Read Southampton)

| Predicted XI - Brentford (A) | Southampton travel to Brentford on Saturday for their second game of pre-season. Mauricio Pellegrino will have … 21-07-2017 |

Older content…

| Young striker signs on with Saints13 hours ago |
| Katharina Liebherr doubtful over Southampton takeover13 hours ago |
| Southampton’s ten best summer signings2 days ago |
| Manchester City to give up on Bertrand2 days ago |
| Twitter reacts: Forster signs new contract2 days ago |
| Forster signs five-year deal2 days ago |
| Southampton and Everton keeping tabs on €8m deal2 days ago |
| Southampton plotting move for Manchester City attacker2 days ago |
| Championship players Saints should consider signing3 days ago |

...obsequiously caused to be by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Echo article

United bring back grey shirts for the first time since famous Saints defeat

Show/hide article…

Manchester United have unveiled a new third kit in grey, the first time they have used the colour since the team’s memorable half-time shirt swap in 1996 at The Dell.

United have released images of the new fan-designed strip, which features a silhouette of the ‘Holy Trinity’ statue of Sir Bobby Charlton, George Best and Denis Law, but the most striking aspect for fans whose memories stretch back 21 years is the familiar hue.

United were wearing their grey shirt for the fifth time when they took on Saints on April 13 1996 and went in at half-time nursing a 3-0 deficit.

A furious Sir Alex Ferguson ordered his side to swap to a blue and white kit during the break, with bright sunshine seemingly rendering the shirts hard to make out at distance.

United took just one point from their five matches in the kit and Ferguson said at the time: "The players don’t like grey strip. The players couldn’t pick each other out. They said it was difficult to see their team-mates at distance when they lifted their heads.

“It was nothing to do with superstition. This club went 26 years without winning the league and we didn’t think about changing the red shirts. It’s nothing to do with that at all.”

United, who went on to win the Premier League title, were fined by the Football Association as a result, with Ferguson quoted as saying it was “the best £10,000 I ever spent”.

Explaining the process behind the latest design, United said: "All submitted kits were voted on by fans in a ‘battlemode’ that saw the most popular kits shortlisted to a top 100. The winners for each club were then chosen by an expert panel of some of the clubs’ most iconic players and a design by Aniello Carotenuto came out on top at United.

“The kit, which will be worn during the 2017/18 season, represents the powerful bond between the team and our fans. The light grey shirt is designed with a graphic showing the silhouette of the famous ‘Holy Trinity’ statue outside Old Trafford. The statue of club icons Sir Bobby Charlton, George Best and Denis Law represents a golden era for the club and this unique history was the inspiration for the new third kit.”

...believingly cast by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Echo article

Seager signs new Saints deal and heads to MK Dons on loan

Show/hide article…

SAINTS have handed a new two-year contract to striker Ryan Seager, who has been immediately sent on loan to League One side MK Dons for the season.

The 21-year-old suffered a ruptured anterior cruciate ligament while on loan at Crewe in February 2016, but returned from injury last season and has now earned a new deal.

“When I got the news I was going to sign a new contract, I was very happy,” Seager said on his new deal.

"I’ve been here since I was about 7 or 8 years old so there was never any questions about me signing really.

“The medical staff were great with me last season in helping me get back fit and this has given me the confidence that they still believe in me and they know I can get back to what I was doing before.”

Seager is now ready to make an impact at MK Dons.

“I’m really happy with that. I had a brief loan spell at Crewe before but this time I feel like I’m more prepared and more ready for it,” he said.

“I went there a few days ago to meet him and we got on really well. The philosophy he wants to play with suits my style of play so I can’t wait to start working with him.”

Vice chairman (Football) Les Reed said: "Ryan has made good progress with us from a young age and made an impact for the under-23s when he returned from injury last season.

"We’re pleased that he has extended his stay with us and the move to MK Dons is an opportunity to gain experience at a League One club with ambitions of competing for promotion.

“As with all of our loan players, we will be keeping tabs on his progress throughout the campaign and we wish him well.”

...picturesquely given rise to by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Sky Sports article

bust common football myths: Game of two halves?

Show/hide article…

They often say it’s a game of two halves - but how often do results change after the break? We’ve checked every Premier League result since 1992 to bust the myth…

Sometimes a game appears to be beyond a team at the half-time whistle and it’s suggested that a rousing team talk could reverse fortunes. After all, it’s a game of two halves, right?

In fact, the half-time result - win, lose or draw - has been unchanged at the final whistle in 5,878 out of 9,746 games - so there is a 60 per cent chance that the half-time result will also be the full-time result.

In terms of seasons, 2009/10 produced the highest number of unchanged scorelines with 64.2 per cent of games ending as it was at the break, followed by 1998/99 (63.7 per cent), 2010/11 (63.4 per cent) and 2003/04 (62.9 per cent).

In contrast, 2004/05 really was the season of two halves - with 46.1 per cent of games ending with a different result than the first half, followed by 1999/00 (43.4 per cent), 2002,03 (42.6 per cent) and 2008/09 (42.1 per cent).

A league-high 68.4 per cent of Blackpool’s top-flight games ended unchanged, followed by Swindon (66.7 per cent), Sheffield United (64.8 per cent) and Bournemouth (64.5 per cent).

Conversely, Swansea are the most likely team to finish a game with a different result, with 47.4 per cent of their games changing from the 45-minute mark, followed by West Brom (44.5 per cent), Hull City (44.2 per cent), Burnley (43.9 per cent), QPR (43.2 per cent) and Tottenham (43.1 per cent).

Despite the fact that results a less likely to change during the second interval, it’s 25.8 per cent more likely that a goal is scored after the break. In total, 11,413 goals have been scored during the first half and 14,356 in the second.

Since 1995/96, when the Premier League was reduced to 20 teams, 2010/11 produced the highest number of first-half goals with 476, while only 398 were scored in 2008/09.

During the second interval, a league-high 602 were scored last season - joint with 2011/12, but just 498 were converted during 2005/06.

Two of the greatest examples of games with distinctly different halves involve the identical fixture: Manchester United v Tottenham.

In 2001/02, Spurs led United 3-0 at the break but ended up losing the game 5-3 at White Hart Lane.

United achieved another five-goal overhaul over Tottenham in 2008/09, recovering from a 2-0 half-time deficit to win 5-2. Newcastle also salvaged a 4-4 draw after falling four goals behind at the break in 2010/11.

But there have also been numerous memorable games with contrasting halves that met our criteria, listed below…

...normally created by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 21/07/2017 14:54:46

| | Klopp confused over continued Van Dijk criticismFOOTBALL365 |
| | Is Katharina Liebherr Having Doubts Regarding Saints Sale ? - Southampton NewsTHEUGLYINSIDE |
| | Liverpool are still eager to sign top centre-back target Virgil Van Dijk according to Paul JoyceANFIELDHQ |
| | Centre-back set to make debutCLUBCALL |
| | Saints face Spanish rivals for Alaves targetCLUBCALL |

...expansively thought-up by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

:scream:

Check out the incredible rondo from today’s training session as #SaintsFC prepared to take on Brentford tomorrow:

Favourites: 0

...debonairly thrown together by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from BBC article

Ryan Seager: MK Dons sign Southampton striker on season-long loan

Show/hide article…

League One side MK Dons have signed Southampton striker Ryan Seager on a season-long loan deal.

The 21-year-old has made two substitute appearances for the Saints, including a Premier League debut in February 2015, but has not featured for them since.

He played four times in a month-long loan spell at Crewe in the 2015-16 campaign, scoring once.

“I’m really happy to be here and I’m excited by the challenge ahead,” Seager told the club website.

Find all the latest football transfers on our dedicated page.

...uninterruptedly erected by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 21/07/2017 15:55:01

| | Liverpool will not sign another centre back if Virgil van Dijk pursuit is unsuccessfulROUSINGTHEKOP |
| | THE72 |
| | Ryan Seager Signs New Deal And Heads Out On Loan - Southampton NewsTHEUGLYINSIDE |

...vaingloriously pieced together by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers’ RSS Feed rss feed

The Ugly Inside News for Southampton

New content from (- The Ugly Inside News for Southampton)

| Come To Mansel Park On Saturday And Support A Noble Cause. | Tomorrow is The annual Southampton Doing It For The Kids Football Tournament at Bush Hill FC’s ground on Mansel … 21-07-2017 |
| The Ugly Inside TV ! Weekly News Round Up ! | Freddie runs through the latest Saints news including how the Ugly Inside Football team will defend their … 21-07-2017 |

Older content…

| Is Katharina Liebherr Having Doubts Regarding Saints Sale ?15 hours ago |
| Ryan Seager Signs New Deal And Heads Out On Loan15 hours ago |
| How Can Liverpool Want Van Dijk When They Make No Offer !15 hours ago |
| Fraser Forster Signs New Deal2 days ago |
| Does Dusan Tadic Have A Future At St Mary’s2 days ago |
| Saints Chasing Manchester City Winger2 days ago |
| Ex Liverpool Player Suggests That Van Dijk Is Better Off At Southampton !4 days ago |
| Sky Sources Trying To Serve Saints An Incorrect Remy-dy.4 days ago |
| Saints Defence Is Centre Of Attention As Tunisian Linked4 days ago |
| Saints Fans Want The Club To Stand Up And Make Van Dijk Situation Clear !5 days ago |

...mordantly fathered by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from talkSPORT article

One player at every Premier League club fans would not like to sell in the transfer window

Show/hide article…

Philippe Coutinho is definitely not for sale.

That’s what Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp was keen to stress to people after the club rejected a reported £72m offer from Barcelona for the 25-year-old playmaker.

Klopp was asked about Coutinho’s availability and he was clear in his answer.

“Yes [he is not for sale], that’s what we can say. But that’s not since this morning or yesterday, I’m not sure if it was different at any time," he said.

Plenty of tears would be shed if the Brazilian was ever sold, so talkSPORT.com looks at star players at other clubs who would force similar reactions if they were let go.

...zealously moulded by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by RichardBuxton_ tweet

@RichardBuxton_ - Richard Buxton

Virgil van Dijk is “psychologically…not 100 per cent” to train with #SaintsFC squad after telling club he wants to leave #LFC

Retweets: 6

Favourites: 1

...wordlessly erected by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by dailyecho tweet

@dailyecho - Daily Echo

Van Dijk ‘tells #saintsfc boss Pellegrino he wants to leave Southampton’ #BreakingNews #TransferTalkhttps://twitter.com/i/web/status/888428358605750272

Retweets: 4

Favourites: 1

...salaciously fabricated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!