OptiNews - Friday 21 to Thursday 27 July 2017

Sourced from A tweet by adamleitchsport tweet

@adamleitchsport - Adam Leitch

MAJOR UPDATE: Pellegrino orders Van Dijk to train alone after defender tells club he ‘wants to leave’ #saintsfc #LFC http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/15427076.Van_Dijk_training_alone_after__telling_Saints_he_wants_to_go_/

Retweets: 389

Favourites: 301

...ardently formulated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Echo article

Bromby heading for big sprint final at European Championships

Show/hide article…

Southampton’s Oli Bromby strode confidently into the European Under 20 Athletics Championships 100 metres final in Grosseto, Italy last night.

After a steady first round heat in the morning, Southampton AC’s Bromby knew that he needed to make a statement in the semi-final to guarantee a centre lane in the final.

The pressure was on after GB team mates Rechmial Miller (recurrence of a calf injury) and Dom Ashwell (with an uncharacteristically poor start) had been eliminated in the first two semis.

Unfazed, the Shirley-based sprinter led from the start to canter through the finish line in a controlled 10.54 seconds from the fast closing Finn Samuel Purola.

In the final today, Bromby is drawn in the adjacent lane to the clear favourite, home town boy Fillipo Tortu.

A medal is a realistic prospect, but with tightly packed quality opposition, a place in the top half dozen European speedsters would be a good result.

European Athletics will be streaming the final at 16:30 BST.

Go to the original article…

...unflickeringly synergised by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by goal tweet

@goal - Goal

Virgil van Dijk has told Southampton he wants to leave and has been told to train alone #LFC #MCFC #CFC #SaintsFC -… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/888431984938287105

Retweets: 15

Favourites: 26

...baffledly whittled by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by RichardBuxton_ tweet

@RichardBuxton_ - Richard Buxton

#LFC remains Van Dijk’s preferred destination despite ‘tapping up’ row. Stand-off between player & #SaintsFC likely to accelerate the saga

Retweets: 4

Favourites: 3

...dignifiedly prepared by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by talkSPORT tweet

@talkSPORT - talkSPORT

Virgil van Dijk LATEST

Liverpool target trains alone after telling Southampton he wants to LEAVE… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/888435662428532737

Retweets: 7

Favourites: 18

...geekily designed by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers summary article summary

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 21/07/2017 16:55:11

| | Done Deal: MK Dons complete loan signing of Premier League strikerFOOTBALLLEAGUEWORLD |
| | Liverpool only interested in Van Dijk for centre-backREADLIVERPOOL |
|

| Brentford FC Southampton Match PreviewBRENTFORDFC |
| | Saints kid pens deal and then leaves on loanCLUBCALL |

...pleasurably spawned by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers’ RSS Feed rss feed

Read Southampton

New content from (- Read Southampton)

| Virgil van Dijk refusing to play in pre-season | Virgil van Dijk has told Southampton that he is unavailable for their pre-season games and is set to refuse to … 21-07-2017 |

Older content…

| Predicted XI - Brentford (A)16 hours ago |
| Young striker signs on with Saints16 hours ago |
| Katharina Liebherr doubtful over Southampton takeover16 hours ago |
| Southampton’s ten best summer signings2 days ago |
| Manchester City to give up on Bertrand2 days ago |
| Twitter reacts: Forster signs new contract2 days ago |
| Forster signs five-year deal2 days ago |
| Southampton and Everton keeping tabs on €8m deal2 days ago |
| Southampton plotting move for Manchester City attacker2 days ago |

...historically thought-up by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by SimonPeach tweet

@SimonPeach - Simon Peach

#SaintsFC & Mauricio Pellegrino not messing about with Virgil van Dijk - & rightly so. A great player whose popularity is plummeting fast

Retweets: 9

Favourites: 30

...sulkily prepared by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by SouthamptonFC tweet

@SouthamptonFC - Southampton FC

#SaintsFC boss Mauricio Pellegrino on having a sold-out away crowd backing his team at #BrentfordFC tomorrow:

Retweets: 5

Favourites: 27

...flawlessly whittled by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by SimonPeach tweet

@SimonPeach - Simon Peach

#SaintsFC insistent behind the scenes that Van Dijk won’t go anywhere. Similar reluctance means #MCFC not hopeful of getting Bertrand

Retweets: 15

Favourites: 13

...bashfully designed by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 21/07/2017 17:49:46

| | SWANSEACITYFC |
|

| Anfield legend- why history suggests Liverpool can secure £70million targetEMPIREOFTHEKOP |

...red-handedly fashioned by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

The Ugly Inside News for Southampton

New content from (- The Ugly Inside News for Southampton)

| Virgil Van Dijk Refuses To Play For Saints | Virgil Van Dijk has told Saints he wants to leave and is training alone after Mauricio Pellegrino removed him from … 21-07-2017 |

Older content…

| Come To Mansel Park On Saturday And Support A Noble Cause.17 hours ago |
| The Ugly Inside TV ! Weekly News Round Up !17 hours ago |
| Is Katharina Liebherr Having Doubts Regarding Saints Sale ?17 hours ago |
| Ryan Seager Signs New Deal And Heads Out On Loan17 hours ago |
| How Can Liverpool Want Van Dijk When They Make No Offer !17 hours ago |
| Fraser Forster Signs New Deal2 days ago |
| Does Dusan Tadic Have A Future At St Mary’s2 days ago |
| Saints Chasing Manchester City Winger2 days ago |
| Ex Liverpool Player Suggests That Van Dijk Is Better Off At Southampton !4 days ago |
| Sky Sources Trying To Serve Saints An Incorrect Remy-dy.4 days ago |

...geekily engineered by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily and Sunday Express article

Southampton FC takeover by Chinese firm in doubt as deal held up

Show/hide article…

Chinese stadium builder Lander has been in protracted talks to buy Southampton from current owner Katharina Liebherr since the start of the year, but the deal has hit some road bumps, including Lander’s listed unit pulling out of the deal in April. “It is not clear at the moment. The seller is having second thoughts about selling the club,” Lander’s founder Gao Jisheng told Reuters on the sidelines of an event in Beijing. He declined to comment further on the deal.

Southampton was rescued from the brink of bankruptcy by German-born Swiss businessman Markus Liebherr in 2009 and his daughter Katharina inherited the club after his death in 2010, becoming non-executive chairman in 2014.

Although not one of the traditional powerhouses of English football, the club has finished in the top eight of the Premier League for the last four seasons and has a highly-regarded youth development operation. The Premier League had given Lander’s owner Gao clearance to take an 80 percent stake in Southampton’s holding company, Lander Sports Development Co Ltd said in June. With support from Beijing, Chinese investors have ploughed billions of dollars into global football teams over the past couple of years.

However, overseas investments have become riskier business this year amid a crackdown by regulators on “irrational” spending overseas, including in sport. Suning Commerce Group Co Ltd, which bought Italian soccer club Inter Milan last year, saw its shares fall this week after China’s state broadcaster cited the €270 million (£240 million) deal on a show about risky investments. Beijing is on a drive to control risks in its financial system, including firms taking on excessive levels of debt to fund overseas deals. Chinese authorities clamped down on capital outflows and overseas acquisitions last year.

...separately brought into existence by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 21/07/2017 18:50:27

| | Seager Heads To MK Dons After Deal ExtensionVITALFOOTBALL |
| | Come To Mansel Park On Saturday And Support A Noble Cause. - Southampton NewsTHEUGLYINSIDE |
| | Former youth coach of Southampton charged with child abuse | FutnSoccerFUTNSOCCER |
| | Liverpool reportedly hoping top target pushes through potential record-breaking transfer | FutnSoccerFUTNSOCCER |
| | TV ! Weekly News Round Up ! - Southampton NewsTHEUGLYINSIDE |

...wholeheartedly originated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Read Southampton

New content from (- Read Southampton)

| Twitter reacts: Virgil goes on strike | Liverpool’s interest in Southampton captain Virgil van Dijk has been the story that every Saints fan, and most of … 21-07-2017 |

Older content…

| Virgil van Dijk refusing to play in pre-season18 hours ago |
| Predicted XI - Brentford (A)18 hours ago |
| Young striker signs on with Saints18 hours ago |
| Katharina Liebherr doubtful over Southampton takeover18 hours ago |
| Southampton’s ten best summer signings2 days ago |
| Manchester City to give up on Bertrand2 days ago |
| Twitter reacts: Forster signs new contract2 days ago |
| Forster signs five-year deal2 days ago |
| Southampton and Everton keeping tabs on €8m deal2 days ago |

...discouragingly shaped by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from The Telegraph article

Mauricio Pellegrino: Virgil van Dijk wants to leave Southampton and is not in the right frame of mind to play

Show/hide article…

Yet Van Dijk has made it clear he still wishes to leave the club despite the firm stance taken by owner Katharina Liebherr and chairman Ralph Krueger over his future. Van Dijk was also on Chelsea’s list of defensive targets at the start of the summer. Speaking at Southampton’s Marchwood training ground, Pellegrino said that he believed that Van Dijk would eventually return to the first team squad.

Pellegrino said: “My relationship with Virgil is excellent. I was clear with the boy, and I was talking from the first day with him. The club was clear. The club told me they will not sell Virgil. I communicate the idea of the club to the players and for me it was easy [to leave Van Dijk out of training] because I had to manage the dynamic of the team.

“Now he is not involved with the team because psychologically he is not 100 per cent. If you are not 100 per cent with the team I need to work with the players who are 100 per cent to defend Southampton. It’s easy for me.”

It was Pellegrino’s decision that Van Dijk train separately, and the Argentine is expected to be uncompromising when it comes to protecting the team spirit at the club. “The boy said that he is not available to play because he wants to leave. This is the decision. I had to say, ‘If you don’t want to be involved because you don’t feel okay then you have to train alone until this period of time is over.”

...disturbedly modelled by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Mail article

Virgil van Dijk training alone at Southampton and says he wants out

Show/hide article…

Virgil van Dijk is training alone at Southampton after telling the club he wants to leave.

The Holland defender was a target for Liverpool earlier this summer, only for interest to be withdrawn after Southampton reported the Anfield club to the Premier League for tapping up.

But the 26-year-old has outlined his desire to exit the south-coast side, prompting manager Mauricio Pellegrino to banish him from the first-team setup.

‘The boy said that he is not available to play because he wants to leave,’ Pellegrino told Radio Solent. 'This is the decision.

'I had to say ‘if you don’t want to be involved because you don’t feel OK then you have to train alone until this period of time happens’

'My relationship with Virgil is excellent. I was clear with the boy, and I was talking from the first day with him. The club was clear. The club told me they will not sell Virgil.

‘Now he is not involved with the team because psychologically he is not 100 per cent. If you are not 100 per cent with the team I need to work with the players who are 1000 per cent to defend Southampton. It’s easy for me.’

Van Dijk was linked with a host of Premier League clubs after an outstanding campaign at Southampton, but Liverpool believed they had stolen a march on Chelsea and Manchester City when the defender indicated he wanted to work for Jurgen Klopp.

They were prepared to bid around £60m for the centre-back but Southampton were furious at the emergence of such reports, given they had not received an official bid from Liverpool.

They reported Liverpool to the Premier League, suspecting an illegal approach before Liverpool released a statement apologising and confirmed ‘we have ended any interest in the player’.

It remains to be seen if they will revive any interest after the latest developments.

...coltishly shaped by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from The Independent article

Liverpool target Van Dijk tells Southampton he wants to leave the club

Show/hide article…

Virgil van Dijk has been training alone “for days”, sources have told The Independent, having informed new Southampton manager Mauricio Pellegrino that he wanted to leave the club in one of their first meetings.

The Argentine took over at St Mary’s at the end of June, and one of his first tasks has been to handle the Van Dijk situation, as he chose to publicly reveal that the 26-year-old had asked to leave.

There is now a belief on many sides that Liverpool is where the centre-half wants to go, although the Merseyside club are understandably treading carefully and not looking to push the situation, having previously been forced to apologise to Southampton over a complaint about illegal approaches and contritely stating that their interest in the player had ended.

The developments could well see both Manchester City and Chelsea enter the race for Van Dijk given their previous interest, although there may be something of a stand-off, since any concrete bid would allow Liverpool to come back in.

Southampton would demand upward of £65m for the player, although Pellegrino was still publicly hopeful of convincing him to stay. “The boy said that he is not available to play because he wants to leave,” Pellegrino told the Daily Echo.

“This is the decision. I had to say: ‘If you don’t want to be involved because you don’t feel OK then you have to train alone until this period of time happens.’

“My relationship with Virgil is excellent. I was clear with the boy, and I was talking from the first day with him. The club was clear. The club told me they will not sell Virgil.

“I translated the idea of the club to the player and for me it was easy because I had to manage the dynamic of the team.

“Now he is not involved with the team because psychologically he is not 100%. If you are not 100% with the team I need to work with the players who are 1,000% to defend Southampton. It’s easy for me.”

“I hope that Virgil can review his feelings because you know that today a player is big business,” Pellegrino said. “Not just the player but behind them is a lot of interests. I don’t want to say too much but we need the player, but 100%. This is the question.”

Liverpool are continuing in their pursuit of RB Leipzig midfielder Naby Keita, and rejected an offer from Barcelona for Coutinho this week.

...becomingly bred by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from BBC article

Virgil van Dijk: Southampton defender training alone & wants move

Show/hide article…

Southampton captain Virgil van Dijk is training alone and wants to leave the club, says manager Mauricio Pellegrino.

Pellegrino has ordered the centre-back to train separately from the rest of the first-team squad because he feels the player is “not 100%” mentally.

Van Dijk, 26, has been strongly linked with a move to Liverpool this summer, although the Anfield club said they ended their interest last month.

The Saints remain adamant they will not sell the Netherlands international.

“He is not involved with the team because psychologically he is not 100%,” Pellegrino said.

Speaking to BBC Radio Solent, the Argentine added: "When I was talking with him, the boy said that he is not available to play because he wants to leave.

"I need to work with a player that works at 100% to defend Southampton.

“This is the decision. I had to say: ‘OK, if you don’t want to be involved because you don’t feel OK, you have to train alone until this period of time.’”

Pellegrino insisted his relationship with Van Dijk remains “excellent” and that he hopes the Dutchman will “review” his decision.

“We need the player, but 100% - this is the question,” the former Alaves boss added.

"I hope that Virgil can review his feelings, because you know that today players are big business - not just the player but behind him there is a lot of interest.

“I want to help the squad, I want to help Virgil but we need a player, I repeat, involved in every training session, involved not just with the body but with the mind on the pitch with the rest of the players.”

Southampton start their Premier League campaign in four weeks’ time at home to Swansea City at St Mary’s.

...absolutely given life to by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Star article

Southampton boss Mauricio Pellegrino confirms Virgil van Dijk wants to leave club

Show/hide article…

Pellegrino said: "The boy said that he is not available to play because he wants to leave. This is the decision.

“I had to say, ‘If you don’t want to be involved because you don’t feel okay then you have to train alone until this period of time is over’.”

When quizzed if Van Dijk would leave, Pellgerino added: “I repeat that the club said not.

"I hope that Virgil can review his feelings because you know that today a player is big business. Not just the player but behind them is a lot of interests.

"I don’t want to say too much but we need the player, 100 per cent.

“I want to help the squad, I want to help Virgil, but we need a player, and I repeat, involved in every training session, not just with the body but with the mind on the pitch with the rest of the players.”

...wilily made by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!