OptiNews - Friday 27 October to Thursday 02 November 2017

Sourced from Optimus trousers summary article summary

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 02/11/2017 17:25:12

|

| Wood in contention for SouthamptonUPTHECLARETSCOM |
| | The Long Road Trip South for Dyche’s Clarets.FOOTYMADCLARETSMAD |

...entertainingly cobbled together by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by SouthamptonFC tweet

@SouthamptonFC - Southampton FC

Don’t forget, #SaintsFC’s Half Season Tickets go on general sale from 9am GMT tomorrow!

Find out all the details: http://sfcne.ws/1718HSTs

Retweets: 1

Favourites: 1

...cooperatively begot by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Southampton FC - Official Site article

Pellegrino’s team news update

Show/hide article…

The midfielder missed the 1-1 draw with Brighton last weekend because of an ankle injury, and will not be fit for Saturday’s clash at St Mary’s.

There was positive news on the injury front from the manager, though, with Pellegrino revealing that Charlie Austin has returned to training after a knock, while the Saints boss is also hopeful Lemina will be back with his teammates sooner rather than later.

“Mario continues in his treatment,” Pellegrino said. “I would expect after the international break maybe Mario can train with the team.

“But Charlie is training with us, yesterday and today. He was training well, but it’s just Mario that is the only one that is out of the squad.”

Go to the original article…

...puerilely synergised by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Sky Sports article

Dyche wary of Southampton task

Show/hide article…

Burnley boss Sean Dyche has been impressed by Southampton’s start to this season despite his side flying high in seventh after 10 league games.

...pathetically fitted together by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Press conference (Part One): Pellegrino on Burnley

Show/hide article…

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are consenting to their use. View cookie policy.

...snappily instantiated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Echo article

Saints duo left out of England squad

Show/hide article…

Ryan Bertrand is the only Saint in the latest England squad after Fraser Forster and James Ward-Prowse were both left out of the 25-man party for next week’s friendlies against Germany and Brazil at Wembley.

Forster was in England’s last squad but won the last of his six caps 18 months ago, while Ward-Prowse won his only cap against Germany as a substitute in March.

Bertrand, who scored his first England goal in Malta two months ago, missed England’s 1-0 win in Lithuania, with a back injury.

But he is expected to come back in for Aaron Cresswell for his 18th cap.

Tammy Abraham, Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Joe Gomez have been called up by England for the first time - but Daniel Sturridge, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Chris Smalling are among those to have missed out.

Gareth Southgate’s Three Lions kick-off their World Cup preparations with back-to-back friendlies against Germany next Friday and Brazil four days later .

England are clearly ready to experiment in this month’s internationals given Swansea striker Abraham and Crystal Palace’s Loftus-Cheek - both on loan from Chelsea - are joined in the 25-man squad by Liverpool defender Gomez.

Manchester United’s Ashley Young, who last played for his country in September 2013, has been rewarded for his resurgent form with a call-up, while Danny Rose and Jamie Vardy return from injury.

There are some glaring absentees from Southgate’s squad.

The Liverpool duo of Sturridge and Oxlade-Chamberlain have been left out, as has Manchester United centre-back Smalling.

Everton’s Michael Keane, who has been struggling with a foot complaint, was another notable name missing, while Jermain Defoe, Aaron Cresswell, and Jake Livermore are others from the previous squad to not be involved.

Impressive Tottenham midfielder Harry Winks was included after a fine debut at Lithuania, as was Manchester City’s Fabian Delph, but Jack Wilshere and Theo Walcott have not been included.

Speaking at a press conference at Wembley, Southgate said: “If I’m asking club managers to be brave and pick young players, I think I’ve got to do the same.”

The England boss took issue with the upcoming double-header being referred to as “non-competitive”, insisting there was no such thing at this level.

“There is no non-competitive game for England,” he said. "These are huge opportunities for us to improve and play against the best two teams in the world currently. I don’t see a fixture where you pull an England shirt on and it’s not competitive. It’s important we register that.

On 32-year-old Young’s recall, more than four years after his last cap, Southgate said: "His performances warrant it. We want to play with wing-backs - I think it’s a role he can perform, left or right, very well. He’s played very well for Manchester United.

“Generally speaking we want to look at younger players, and develop the team, but I’ve always said if a more senior player is playing well and warrants the call-up, we should include them. He’s a player every Manchester United manager has picked, and that tells me something about his mentality and the trust they have in him.”

...nebulously whittled by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Paul Merson’s predictions: Manchester City v Arsenal, Chelsea v Manchester United and more

Show/hide article…

Paul Merson is back with another round of his Premier League predictions - how will he get on?

The Magic Man had a tough week last time out, failing to get a correct score and getting just five results right.

He is hoping for better this weekend and with some excellent games - including Manchester City v Arsenal and Chelsea v Manchester United on Super Sunday, with both clashes live on Sky Sports Premier League - it is one to look forward to…

Arsenal went to Chelsea a few weeks ago and got a comfortable goalless draw and I thought the penny had dropped. They did it two years ago at Man City and won, although [Santi] Cazorla was in the team then and he was their best player.

But since that Chelsea game I said, ‘OK right, let’s wait and see till the next big game and see if the penny has dropped, or was that just fortunate?’ And it all depends on which way he [Arsene Wenger] sets up…

But I cannot go for anything other than a City win given the way they play. If anyone is going to go there and win, believe it or not, you would go for Arsenal as they play a flamboyant way, they open the game up.

And if you are going to beat City, you have to have a go. There is no point sitting back and saying, ‘right, let’s try and nick something on the break,’ as they have too many good players who are going to break you open before the end of the game.

But I am going to go 3-2 to City as I think there will be goals.

I think there will be just one goal in this. [Jose] Mourinho set up at Liverpool to not to get beat. They beat all the lesser clubs, go to Liverpool, draw 0-0, you come away and go, ‘right, if we draw with all the big boys and beat all the lesser teams, which we will, we will have a chance of winning the league.’

But then they fall behind the eight ball as a week later they lose to Huddersfield and that is it. Take the Huddersfield game away though and there is nothing wrong. They just beat Tottenham, and everybody is telling me they are going to win the Champions League.

If I get the score right in the first Super Sunday game, then they have to go to Chelsea and win, as a draw is no good for either team. A draw will be a waste of time.

So it all depends on what happens in the first game, it really does, because the mindset has got to change. If City beat Arsenal, they go eight points clear and so a draw is no good to United, while Chelsea will be 12 points behind.

So it all depends on that first game as if Arsenal go and do something we do not expect them to do and win that game, then it is a different game and then a draw suits both alright.

But I am going to go 1-0 Chelsea as I just think United are going to go for it and Chelsea will just make a chance or two before the end of the game.

Stoke had a great result at Watford and Leicester are where they are because they have had some difficult games, but I can see them getting out of it no problem. But I can see nothing between these teams, so 1-1.

It is a must-win game for Huddersfield in my opinion. West Brom go and get two goals last week against Man City, and yet they can’t score in other games. But because it is a must-win game for Huddersfield, I will go 2-0 to them.

I was really disappointed with Newcastle on Monday night (in their 1-0 loss at Burnley on) if I’m being honest, the only plan they looked like having was Jonjo Shelvey. It was a game you thought, ‘go and try and win here and kick on,’ but it did not look good to me. Bournemouth got a good result at Stoke, but I am going to go 2-1 to Newcastle.

Burnley’s game on Monday was dreadful and I am going to go 1-0 Southampton, it will be a tight, tight game with just one goal in it. Although it will probably end up having the most goals of the weekend!

Wow this is a big game for Swansea, who I was impressed with at Arsenal last weekend. They dominated for long period, went 1-0 up and could have gone 2-0 up at half-time. Brighton are playing well though, but I think they will go there and play for a draw. But it is a must-win game for Swansea, they have to win if they want to escape, so I am going to go Swansea 2-0.

West Ham last week, seriously… Michail Antonio should be on the verge of getting a two-week fine for what he did. I honestly cannot believe what he done, it was unbelievable.

I am going to go for Liverpool to win here. I just think they will have too much firepower for them defensively. So I am going to go 3-1, as how are Liverpool ever going to keep a clean sheet?!

Palace were fortunate the other day. They were 2-0 down and I know Roy [Hodgson] said they deserved to get a draw in the end, but we can all play when we are 2-0 down when there’s nothing to lose. You have to do that when it is still goalless and I expect Tottenham to carry on with the confidence they have been playing with. They have just beaten the European champions, so I will go 3-0 Tottenham.

I was disappointed with Watford on Saturday (in losing 1-0 at home to Stoke). It was the first time this season where they turned up expecting to win and they could not handle it. When you play for a big club, that is expected every week, but if you play for a lesser club, there is no pressure. As soon as there is pressure put on you, look what happens… they never looked like scoring and they could still be playing now and wouldn’t have a goal!

But the pressure is now back off them again, they are a different animal and Everton will have to come at them. They [Watford] could have been 4-1 up at Chelsea, but I am going to go for a 2-2 draw.

However, if someone said you have to pick one, I’d go Watford. I can see Everton getting well beaten against Lyon - that is a bad game - he [caretaker manager David Unsworth] is going to have to make changes.

...sartorially thrown together by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers’ RSS Feed rss feed

Read Southampton

New content from (- Read Southampton)

| Southampton Predicted XI: Burnley (H) | Southampton will be looking to get back to winning ways on Saturday when they welcome Burnley. The Saints have … 02-11-2017 |

Older content…

| Southampton eyeing up Villa forward2 days ago |
| Brighton & Hove Albion 1-1 Southampton: Match Report2 days ago |
| Davis humbled to have received MBE2 days ago |
| Redmond determined to improve2 days ago |
| What is going on with Fraser Forster?3 days ago |
| Our player of the month: October3 days ago |
| Our man of the match: Brighton (A)3 days ago |
| Analysing what Pellegrino got right, and what he got wrong, at Brighton4 days ago |
| Pellegrino reveals why Austin was not on the bench for Brighton draw4 days ago |

...quiescently prepared by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

:movie_camera:

#SaintsFCU23s coach Radhi Jaïdi reflects on a hard-fought #PLCup win at Cardiff this afternoon:

Retweets: 2

Favourites: 6

...over-eagerly brought to pass by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

U23s Report: Cardiff 0-1 Saints

Show/hide article…

Tyreke Johnson was the match-winner, scoring a sensational solo goal in the 80th minute, before being dismissed moments later for a mistimed lunging challenge on Cardiff’s George Ratcliffe.

The visitors had chances to extend the margin of difference, as Nathan Tella, Jonathan Afolabi and Callum Slattery flashed efforts on target, while Jack Rose made two vital stops in the second period to preserve Saints’ clean sheet.

Despite Saints dominating much of the early possession on a difficult surface, and dictating tempo, the home side were the first to test their opposition 'keeper, forcing a routine save from in-form Rose.

Striker Frederic Gounongbe won a free-kick 25 yards out, which was struck with pace by Mark Harris, without causing too much exertion for Saints’ stopper.

Thomas O’Connor twice tested Rose’s opposite number Ratcliffe with efforts from range, before Slattery curled a shot goalward in the 20th minute, which set the tone for the remainder of a one-sided affair.

The hosts did however muster a flurry of chances late in the first period, with midfielder Amos Nasha firing a low shot towards the Saints upright, which required intervention, before Lamin Conte caught the visitors unaware with a late run in behind.

The alert Rose stood tall, and ensured Saints emerged from an uncharacteristically sloppy period unscathed. Both Tella and Afolabi had opportunities to edge Saints in front, but half-time arrived without a blemish on either side’s record.

It took ten minutes of a cagey second-half for the away side to carve a clear-cut opening. Lively as ever, Slattery was involved in the preamble, before a neat interchange between Tella and Jones worked the ball to Afolabi in the box.

Saints looked certain to take the lead, but for some steadfast Bluebirds defending, who remained on the back foot for much of the game. The home side continued to frustrate, before a piece of solo genius from Tyreke Johnson finally put paid to Saints’ collective dominance.

The winger collected the ball on the halfway line, before bursting forward and sending an effort crashing in off the underside of the crossbar. The finish was befitting of all three points, and allowed Southampton’s young charges to register their first victory of this season’s Premier League Cup competition.

...wanly developed by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Pellegrino: We have to ‘respect’ Forster axing

Show/hide article…

Mauricio Pellegrino says he has to respect Gareth Southgate’s decision to axe Fraser Forster from the latest England squad.

The big stopper, who has come under fire for some of his performances for Saints, has been left out for the friendlies against Germany and Brazil, leaving Ryan Bertrand as the only St Mary’s man to get the nod.

Pellegrino, who has backed Forster as his number one keeper, said: “I have to respect the opinion of the manager.

“He knows better than me how they are the rest of the competition in the squad.

“Fraser has got huge competition in this place and in football life you go up and down all the time and we have to respect that.”

Pellegrino is sure to lose a host of stars to international duty after this weekend’s game against Burnley, but admitted he cannot be too upset when the calls don’t materialise.

“I think we have got a good squad,” he reckoned.

“Some of them have been sharing the national team in the past and now Ryan will be there.

“For me obviously it is a double feeling because when most of them are in the national team it is really good for them and really bad for me.

“That means 50 or 60 per cent of the squad is abroad and I am waiting for them and expecting everybody to come back healthy and be ready for the club.

“In this way most of my players in the future I think now have British players, English players, in the national team.”

Mario Lemina will not be on international duty as he recovers from the ankle injury which also rules him out of the game against Burnley at St Mary’s at the weekend.

Charlie Austin is fit to return to the squad.

...sweetly produced by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 02/11/2017 19:25:41

| | Losing Saints stars to international duty can be a ‘blow’ - Mauricio PellegrinoBELFASTTELE |
| | Burnley boss Dyche weary as Everton links rumble onFOURFOURTWO |
|

| Burnley Football Club Wood And Wells Good To GoBURNLEYFC |
| | Steven Defour set to win his fitness battle for Burnley’s trip to SouthamptonTILAN |
| | Saints Latest Injury News ! Austin Could Return - Southampton NewsTHEUGLYINSIDE |

...considerably fathered by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers’ RSS Feed rss feed

Read Southampton

New content from (- Read Southampton)

| Shaw eyeing return to Southampton | Manchester United defender Luke Shaw is eyeing a return to Southampton in January. According to The Mirror, Shaw is … 02-11-2017 |
| Southampton vs Burnley: Match Preview | Southampton face a high flying Burnley side this weekend as the Clarets travel south in what’s looking like an … 02-11-2017 |

Older content…

| Southampton Predicted XI: Burnley (H)19 hours ago |
| Southampton eyeing up Villa forward2 days ago |
| Brighton & Hove Albion 1-1 Southampton: Match Report2 days ago |
| Davis humbled to have received MBE2 days ago |
| Redmond determined to improve2 days ago |
| What is going on with Fraser Forster?3 days ago |
| Our player of the month: October3 days ago |
| Our man of the match: Brighton (A)3 days ago |

...tormentingly originated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Premier League - Official Site article

DEFAULTVideo: Three key points: Southampton v Burnley

Mauricio in a Minute! :speaking_head:

Catch up on the key points from the #SaintsFC boss’ press conference ahead of the #PL clas… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/926168978430578688

Retweets: 1

Favourites: 9

...regally introduced by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Mail article

Southampton boss Mauricio Pellegrino OK with England snubs

Show/hide article…

Southampton manager Mauricio Pellegrino has described it as a ‘blow’ when his players are called up for international duty.

Saints full-back Ryan Bertrand was on Thursday named in England’s squad for the upcoming friendlies against Germany and Brazil, while Three Lions manager Gareth Southgate opted to leave out Fraser Forster, James Ward-Prowse and Nathan Redmond.

Pellegrino could also lose a number of other key players for the forthcoming international break, including Northern Ireland midfielder Steven Davis, Dutch defenders Virgil van Dijk and Wesley Hoedt, Serbian winger Dusan Tadic, Republic of Ireland forward Shane Long and Italy striker Manolo Gabbiadini.

While the Argentinian coach accepts international football is good for his players’ careers, he would prefer for them to remain at home and work on the training ground.

‘For me, obviously it’s a double feeling because when most of them are in the national team it’s really good for them, really bad for me, to be honest, because 50 per cent, 60 per cent of the squad is away,’ Pellegrino said.

‘It’s a blow. Waiting for them and expecting everybody to come back healthy and be ready for the club.’

Saints goalkeeper Forster, who has six caps for his country, was one of the notable absentees from Southgate’s latest squad, with Joe Hart, Jack Butland and Jordan Pickford the preferred choices.

Pellegrino admitted the omission was a setback for the 29-year-old but believes disappointment is part of life.

When asked about Forster’s situation, Pellegrino, whose side face Burnley in the Premier League on Saturday, replied: 'I think we have got English players that can be in the national team.

'I have to respect the opinion of the manager. He knows better than me how they are in the competition in the squad.

‘Fraser has got huge competition in this place and in the football life you are up and down all the time and we have to respect that.’

...incompliantly created by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Southampton without Mario Lemina for game against Burnley

Show/hide article…

Southampton will again be without Mario Lemina against Burnley this weekend.

The midfielder missed the Sky Live 1-1 draw with Brighton last Sunday with an ankle problem, and is not yet ready to return to Mauricio Pellegrino’s squad.

Charlie Austin, who has yet to start a league game this season, has returned to training having also missed the Brighton game and he is in the squad for the Burnley game.

“Mario continues his treatment,” Pellegrino said. "I would expect after the international break maybe Mario can train with the team.

“But Charlie has been training with us this week. He was training well, but it’s just Mario that is the only one that is out of the squad.”

Pellegrino is expecting a tough test against Sean Dyche’s in-form side.

He said: "They have momentum, they are playing well and it will be really tough and they are dangerous on the counter-attack. They feel comfortable when they are defending and they are never disorganised.

“But I feel my players are ready to do a good game and if we have a good day with the ball they will be in trouble too.”

While Ryan Bertrand was called into the England squad for the friendlies against Germany and Brazil, Fraser Forster missed out. Pellegrino said he was happy to respect the opinion of Gareth Southgate while admitting any calls-up were a mixed blessing for him.

He said: "I think we have got a good squad and some of them have been in the national team in the past but now just Ryan (Bertrand) will be there. For me it a double-edged sword when they are in the national team - it is really good for them but not for me!

“I have to wait for them to come back without injury. But I have to respect the views of the England manager and Fraser Forster has got huge competition for his place and we have to respect that.”

...unitedly sculpted by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Pellegrino: We have to ‘respect’ Forster axing

Show/hide article…

Mauricio Pellegrino says he has to respect Gareth Southgate’s decision to axe Fraser Forster from the latest England squad.

The big stopper, who has come under fire for some of his performances for Saints, has been left out for the friendlies against Germany and Brazil, leaving Ryan Bertrand as the only St Mary’s man to get the nod.

Pellegrino, who has backed Forster as his number one keeper, said: “I have to respect the opinion of the manager.

“He knows better than me how they are the rest of the competition in the squad.

“Fraser has got huge competition in this place and in football life you go up and down all the time and we have to respect that.”

Pellegrino is sure to lose a host of stars to international duty after this weekend’s game against Burnley, but admitted he cannot be too upset when the calls don’t materialise.

“I think we have got a good squad,” he reckoned.

“Some of them have been sharing the national team in the past and now Ryan will be there.

“For me obviously it is a double feeling because when most of them are in the national team it is really good for them and really bad for me.

“That means 50 or 60 per cent of the squad is abroad and I am waiting for them and expecting everybody to come back healthy and be ready for the club.

“In this way most of my players in the future I think now have British players, English players, in the national team.”

Mario Lemina will not be on international duty as he recovers from the ankle injury which also rules him out of the game against Burnley at St Mary’s at the weekend.

Charlie Austin is fit to return to the squad.

...classily mustered by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 02/11/2017 20:25:54

| | Sofiane Boufal’s wonder strike wins Southampton’s goal of the month award | Goal.comGOALDOTCOM |
| | Transfer gossip: Latest rumours and news from the ChampionshipDERBYTELEGRAPH |
| | Sofiane Boufal’s wonder strike wins Southampton’s goal of the month award | Goal.comGOALDOTCOM |

...spastically engineered by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

:camera_flash:

Check out the pick of the action shots as #SaintsFC build up to Burnley: http://sfcne.ws/GalleryPreBurnley

Retweets: 2

Favourites: 4

...cattily given breath to by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!