OptiNews - Friday 29 December 2017 to Thursday 04 January 2018

Sourced from A tweet by SouthamptonFC tweet

@SouthamptonFC - Southampton FC

Warm-ups done! :facepunch: #saintsfc

Retweets: 2

Favourites: 1

...southwestwardly put together by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Mail article

Virgil van Dijk at Anfield to watch his new Liverpool team-mates

Show/hide article…

Virgil van Dijk has taken his seat at Anfield to watch his new Liverpool team-mates take on Leicester on Saturday.

The Dutchman is due to become a part of Jurgen Klopp’s squad on January 1, when his world record £75million move from Southampton will be completed, but Van Dijk will have just a watching brief this weekend.

Van Dijk, dressed in all black, looked delighted as he took his seat in the club’s directors box and soaked up the atmosphere at his new home ground.

Liverpool fans had already been into the club shop to purchase shirts with Van Dijk’s name on it but they will have to wait a few more days to see their latest reinforcement in action.

Van Dijk completed a medical on the south coast on Wednesday, with Southampton’s consent, after the two clubs agreed a fee.

Liverpool have landed a player who will be eligible for the Champions League in the second half of the season - he could even make his debut against Everton in the FA Cup third-round tie next Friday. Van Dijk has been assigned the No 4 shirt.

The Anfield outfit have received criticism from some quarters over the fee they parted with in order to lure Van Dijk from the south coast.

Klopp says the thought of money did not enter his mind and claimed Liverpool are simply adapting to changes in the transfer market.

The match against Leicester is an opportunity for Liverpool’s current central defenders to stake their claim to become Van Dijk’s long-term partner.

It remains to be seen who Klopp will select but Dejan Lovren, Joel Matip and Ragnar Klavan are all in contention.

Go to the original article…

...chastely given life to by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Mail article

‘Van Dijk must improve attitude or he could get found out’: Saunders

Show/hide article…

Virgil van Dijk has been warned he will need to improve his attitude at Liverpool if he is to justify his world-record £75million price tag.

The Holland international’s impending transfer from Southampton to Liverpool will see him become the most expensive defender in history when it is completed on January 1.

Van Dijk has received backing from former team-mates and managers alike, with Celtic goalkeeper Craig Gordon recently tipping him to be a huge success on Merseyside.

But there are some who fear the burden of his hefty transfer fee could impose pressures on him which in turn may impact his performances.

He will join an already fragile Liverpool defensive unit and former Liverpool star Dean Saunders has forewarned sulking in the difficult moments will not be tolerated.

Saunders told talkSPORT: 'I have seen Van Dijk with the chips down and I’ve got to be honest, I hope I’m wrong, but his attitude has got to be better than he has shown.

‘If I’m Liverpool manager I might think he’ll do that to me.’

He added: ‘If I was Klopp, I would say to Van Dijk, “I’m going to pay £75million for you, I’m going to give you £200,000 a week, all I want from you is an hour and a half’s training from you every day flat out and try your best on a Saturday, is that a deal?”’

'If you come in one day and you’re not having a go in training, then you are breaking the contract.

‘If he doesn’t do that, he will get found out.’

Liverpool’s trip to Burnley on New Year’s Day may come to soon for the 26-year-old but the Dutchman could get an early taste of the Merseyside derby when the Reds take on Everton four days later in the FA Cup third round.

...uninformatively generated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Not long until kick-off!

Don’t forget you can follow the action from #SaintsFC’s clash with #MUFC here: http://sfcne.ws/MDLMUA

Retweets: 0

Favourites: 0

...frailly generated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Kick-off is moments away at Old Trafford!

Here’s a reminder of the #SaintsFC side and today’s likely line-up:

Retweets: 3

Favourites: 9

...shallowly thought-up by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

1: We’re under way at Old Trafford!

Come on, #SaintsFC! :facepunch: (0-0)

Retweets: 8

Favourites: 20

...tellingly instigated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

4: A positive start from #SaintsFC, but it’s #MUFC who create the first opening, as Romelu Lukaku heads over from Juan Mata’s cross. (0-0)

Retweets: 5

Favourites: 9

...assessingly created by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

7: So nearly an opener for #SaintsFC, but David De Gea makes a superb stop from @Prowsey16’s low shot. (0-0)

Favourites: 17

...readily fabricated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

14: An enforced change for #MUFC, as Marcus Rashford replaces the injured Romelu Lukaku. #saintsfc (0-0)

Retweets: 7

Favourites: 8

...clammily hewn by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by SkySportsPL tweet

@SkySportsPL - Sky Sports PL

#SaintsFC XI v #MUFC: McCarthy, Stephens, Hoedt, Yoshida, McQueen, Ward-Prowse, Romeu, Hojbjerg, Tadic, Long, Boufal.

Retweets: 15

Favourites: 30

...cleverly shaped by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Mirror.co.uk article

Virgil van Dijk pictured at Anfield to watch Liverpool clash

Show/hide article…

Virgil van Dijk has been pictured at Anfield for the first time.

The Dutchman will complete a record £75million switch to Liverpool when the transfer window officially opens on January 1.

Van Dijk agreed the move last week and watched on from the stands as his new teammates took on Leicester.

He will be available for the FA Cup clash with Everton on January 5 but is likely to have to wait to make his debut.

Liverpool’s next clash after the Merseyside derby is against Manchester City on January 14.

After completing the switch, he said: "I can’t wait to pull on the famous red shirt for the first time in front of the Kop.

"I will give everything I have to try and help this great club achieve something special in the years to come.

“I’m now looking forward to meeting my new team-mates and getting started.”

Jurgen Klopp has dismissed suggestions Van Dijk’s arrival will lead to Philippe Coutinho leaving the club.

There have been suggestions Barcelona will make another move for the Brazilian when the transfer window opens.

...saddenedly given birth to by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

19: David De Gea again denies @Prowsey16, this time keeping out his free-kick at the near post. #saintsfc (0-0)

Retweets: 1

Favourites: 12

...consistently instantiated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

22: @Prowsey16’s set-pieces again causing problems for #MUFC, as his corner picks out @wesleyhoedt, who heads wide. #saintsfc (0-0)

Favourites: 15

...concentratedly erected by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

26: #SaintsFC’s Pierre-Emile Højbjerg is the first man into the book, for a foul on Luke Shaw. (0-0)

...confinedly conceived by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers summary article summary

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 30/12/2017 18:03:34

| | Van Dijk arrives at Anfield for Leicester clashGOLIVERPOOL |
| | Watch £75m Virgil van Dijk mobbed by LFC fans as he enters Anfield…EMPIREOFTHEKOP |
| | Saints At Manchester United The Preview - Southampton NewsTHEUGLYINSIDE |

...initially designed by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

27: @Alex_Macca23 makes a good save with his feet to keep out Juan Mata’s low shot. #saintsfc (0-0)

Retweets: 5

Favourites: 16

...joyously pieced together by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

42: Finely poised at Old Trafford as half-time approaches, with both sides searching for the opener. #saintsfc (0-0)

Retweets: 4

Favourites: 16

...fairly modelled by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

44: @wesleyhoedt goes into the book for kicking the ball away. #saintsfc (0-0)

Retweets: 0

...listlessly instituted by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

HALF TIME: #MUFC 0-0 #SaintsFC

A strong first-half performance from Mauricio Pellegrino’s side, who go in level a… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/947170866428858368

Retweets: 20

Favourites: 32

...unpredictably mustered by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

46: #MUFC get us back under way for the second half at Old Trafford!

Come on, #SaintsFC! :facepunch: (0-0)

Favourites: 6

...disquietingly brought into being by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!