Papsweb Official Logo Competition

I have no idea how this came up, or WTF is going on!

3 Likes

LOL @ Pap Smears! Is that like when hypo calls him Swivel-Eyed Looney Conspiracist?

Poor goatboy!

That was a great night.

3 Likes

Does he?

1 Like

Originally posted by @saintbletch

Originally posted by @Sfcsim

I have no idea how this came up, or WTF is going on!

Does he?

If you rub behind my ears, yes.

At times like this Iā€™m really conscious of the things you just canā€™t do when you donā€™t have a penisā€¦

4 Likes

I dunno how you cope! I wouldnā€™t know what I would do with my hands, if they werenā€™t adjusting my junk every two minutes. Iā€™d prob have to take up nosepicking.

To be fair, Lou, the operation was your choice.

2 Likes

There is something about that image, that almost looks mildly comforting. Itā€™s like youā€™re all propping each other up.

I didnā€™t know it was called Pap Smear tbh or Iā€™d have done a joke on it years ago. When birds mention it they only ever say The Smear, and Iā€™ve never done a Smear Test on myself (Iā€™d rather Not Know)

Can someone please explain that book. I do not want to put it into google search!

Amazon reviews:

Gripping story of deceit and betrayal
By Cedric Bethwick-Swenton on 28 July 2014
Format: Kindle Edition
Pet Goats and Pap Smears is the eye-opening true story of an 8-year old Saanen goat, Pet, who for 10 months managed to con the staff and patients at Brigham and Womanā€™s Hospital in Boston by posing as a world-renowned gynecologist.

It reminded me a bit of the film Catch Me If You Can, except instead of Leonardo di Caprio the main character is a goat, and instead of using the gains of his deception to lead a playboy lifestyle, Pet spends most of his money on buying hay and acres of prime grazing land.

Without giving too much away, I wanted to highlight two of the 101 stories in the book that document Petā€™s incredible charmisma and his monumental medical negligence.

The first story is set about 2 months into his con, when Pet consults a young woman complaining of genital itching. In a typical example of the strange mix of charm and calculating self-interest that comes to define many of these incidents, Pet calms her using soft bleating, then prescribes a pulstice made of goats cheese and grass, recommending a special' pharmacy in a field outside of town. The young woman later reports visiting the field and finding a crude shack with Farmaciesā€™ written on it in white paint. Inside, a goat sporting a large mustache, who with hindsight bears a suspicious resemblance to Pet, sells her $200 worth of goats cheese. The remedy is of course completely ineffective, but when she returns to complain the shack has disappeared. She relates the story to Pet, whose assures her the pulstice didnā€™t work due to `not enough goats cheeseā€™. It is a testament to his incredible persuasive powers that the young lady purchases yet more goats cheese on the spot.

I wish all Drs were like Pamela.
By Grace M McLeod on 2 Oct. 2014
Format: Kindle Edition Verified Purchase
Our GP is one in a million, he ,has time, he has empathy, he has compassion. He obviously enjoys his work, but I worry he will burnout if he does not make more time for himself. I do hope he takes some of Pamelaā€™s ways into his life.

In the UK we donā€™t have to worry about Drs Bills, as we pay into the National Health Service through our Salary.

Iā€™m going to buy this book for my Dr Iā€™m sure he will see himself in it and may be able to use some of Pamelaā€™s ideas. We live in a village that is growing as is our Surgery numbers, we now have more GPā€™s to cover the number of new people coming to live and work here. I do hope when the Surgery grown that the personal touch is not lost.

A fun and informative book which will encouurage people working in health care to work differently
By Claire Chambers on 20 May 2014
Format: Paperback Verified Purchase
Excellent and fun book which captures how health care practitioners have to find different ways of practicing in order to reclaim the reasons why they are in their roles today. Patients and clients will see the real benefit in terms of person centred care and fun, compassionate and enjoyable contacts with knowledgeable people who care. However, all practitioners will benefit too by getting the pleasure back into their work lives. Pamelaā€™s work life is joyful and fun and ours could be too. This book contains lots of short chapters on individual approaches to care based on individual initiatives and real people. I loved reading about Pamelaā€™s ideal health care approaches and hope that you will too.

1 Like

I like Cedricā€™s review! :laughing:

1 Like

This Amazon Internet review business sounds funny, but trust me, you can get in too deep. Iā€™ve placed my stock in up-and-comer Microwave for One.

And by ā€œplaced my stockā€, I mean I own around nine copies already and have more on the way. Here are some reviews.

Review #1

Pairs well with cat haired sweaters
By**K. Liang ā€œDa Review Killaā€**on September 22, 2014
Format: Hardcover
Folks, itā€™s never too late to plan for the future. I once planned for my wedding, but after that whole headache was over and done with, now the planning I do is much simpler. I mean aside from the cooking instructions this book offers many other pleasant features. For example, instead of sharing a bed of lies with my used to be significant other, I can now cuddle up with Microwave for One in my leopard print snuggie and fear no betrayal.

Review #2

5My Dinner with Sonia
ByAngus Stewart "Angus"on February 15, 2014
Format: Hardcover
A bargain at just over $200, this cookbook has changed my outlook on life. A real page turner, with mouthwatering recipe after mouthwatering recipe. A woman after my own heart, I cozied up to this gem, written by the Julia Child of Microwave Cookery, one evening while waiting for the Dominoā€™s delivery guy to arrive. The doorbell rang, and who should I find staring at me underneath that sexy blue hat, but Sonia herself, in the flesh! Evidently the royalties on this outstanding tome began to dwindle some time around 1990ā€“evidently people donā€™t keep their microwave ovens from the mid-80s, and the demand for this book dropped like a radioactive nuclear warhead sometime around the time that those namby pamby liberals began manufacturing those trendy, non gamma-ray emitting appliances that donā€™t hold a candle to the monster truck sized, testosterone driven manly devices that I proudly display on my trendy formica counter. Sonia tossed the pizza aside, rolled up her sleeves, and we got to workā€¦needless to say it was a night that neither I, nor the rotating plate in my enormous ā€œwaveā€ will soon forget (Sonia insisted that Micro was the last adjective sheā€™d use to describe my gigantic beast). We finished the night off with a cocktail of Haribo sugar free gummy bears (Sonia is a diabetic) heated in the microwave with a generous quart of vodka.

Transparency note : I am ashamed to say I probably inspired the $200 price in Review #2 due to my ruthless speculating on the Microwave For One market. We are back down to around $4 now. Time to buy, kids!

http://www.amazon.com/Microwave-One-Sonia-Allison/dp/1852250437/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1436815711&sr=8-2&keywords=microwave+for+one

Here we have a ready made Papsweb logo!

I can design my own logo if need be. I certainly wonā€™t be taking the Google image results of pap as my own. And yes, I have searched that.

Not like the map, hopefully Pap?

:wink:

1 Like

There are so many of these, there is a thread, of its own waiting to happen.

No, people have four letter substitutes. And they _do _use them.

1 Like