Rodgers sacked

I don’t normally celebrate a person losing their job

… but I’m happy to make an exception for this tosser.

2 Likes

Rumoured 7m severance. He’ll be fine, Halo.

1 Like

Immensely looking forward to a big appointment, the initial new wave of optimism, and the crushing blow that follows for them when they realise the infrastructure of the club’s simply not set up for anything other than the occasional top-4 push.

He only had to buy two quality centre backs and that Suarez team would have managed itself.

He failed miserably in recruitment, and much of that was our fault for selling him overpriced goods that weren’t fit for purpose.

Not only that, but who sacks a manager before a game? - unless there is another situation brewing that could impact…

I reckon there could be mileage in Liverpool worrying about losing a candidate when Chelsea move for a new man.

Meaning, our win at Chelsea got Brendan sacked!!

2 Likes

Perhaps Liverpool should ask Spurs if they can speak to their manager…

Let’s remember some great times under Rogers, from the Internet, in pictures.

But you were never in anything at that time of the season… Oh apart from when Gerrard fell over!

One of his great signings.

How Manchester and the rest of the premier league laughed at them.

Yes Brenda and this is the reason you do not have a job!

Just some of the shit he spouted!

Last one!

I have loads of these cups… But did not get a 7m payoff. He will be fine! It has been great fun though.

3 Likes

The thing for me that I don’t get how he escaped so much criticism is the Real Madrid game last season. I think it was the away game (might be wrong on that?), where he binned half his first team and played an obviously weakened side.

All that effort to achieve what was realistically their aim (CL qualification) and then when they get there and play one of the biggest teams in the world you put up a white flag and don’t even try. Disgusting, I’d have been fuming if I was a 'Pool fan. It was that very point that a good mate of mine, despite his LFC ties, turned on Brodge - though that may have something to do with him taking time off work and forking out on actually going to the game.

He’s an arrogant tosser, that believed his own bollocks. Talked himself into so many corners, and sounds like the rift with the board was also, in part at least, down to him running his mouth.

Shame really, I enjoyed watching him flounder so hilariously out of his depth. He’ll go to a mid-table side, and do well. He’s a mid-table manager that’s his level.

Wonder who they’ll get next, seems a shoot out between Klopp & Carlo. Surely you’d want Carlo? Track record is way better, and has done it in the Prem. Klopp would be good value though. One question is though, why on earth would you want the 'Pool job? You seem to be on a hiding to nothing really.

1 Like

This was the quote that really irked me, especially after their constant raiding of Saints:

After the draw with Everton, he spoke of a “constant rebuilding” job and highlighted the impact of losing “four real catalysts” of his side.

Jamie Carragher, Luis Suarez, Raheem Sterling and Steven Gerrard have left Liverpool during Rodgers’s tenure.

Constant rebuilding? I’m sorry old chap but no. You had to replace some players with players of equal quality or enormous potential. You didn’t. You’re not Ronald Koeman, as proven by your lack of job.

Suarez and Gerrard, sure, I’ll give you that. Top class players. Sterling…well, ok, he’s decent but given his age a relative lack of PL experience, you could have spent the money on a ready made replacement. Jamie Carragher…if Liverpool were as coy as Utd have been over the years (O’Shea,Brown,Evans) then they would never have let Carragher decline his way out the team.

Glad the prick has gone. Especially after we find ourselves above them, again! How are those champions league ambitions Brendan?

1 Like

I made that image. You must be the millionth person to rip it off :cool:

2 Likes

Great shame Rodgers has gone, I thought he was ‘outstanding’.

2 Likes

His win %age with the Scouse is better than at any other of his clubs before. It is only marginally worse than when Benitez was the gaffer and certainly better than most LFC managers over recent times. Although Rodgers is a plum, especially for his Brentisms and what he said about Saints, The real problem lies with the club and their self delusion. Once great, now not and a good way behind the really powerful Clubs in world football.

Can’t really agree.

If you look at their business, and the players they’ve been looking to attract, they very much know their place in the world, to a fault, imo.

Personally, I think they’ve have been much better off spending a quarter of a bil on two or three world class stars, instead of the “achievable” targets they went for.

They would have been better served spending big money on fewer, but more classy, players, no doubt. But I can’t help thinking they are still living off their past. Rodgers didn’t have a bad record there, really and perhaps there is an argument that he should have been given more time. Who knows. Anyway, fuck it, i couldn’t care less if truth be told and you’ll know more than me, living there and all. As long as we knacker them in a few weeks, all well and good.

Maybe be miles off on this, so happy to be corrected, but it feels like we have a piss poor record against incoming managers. I swear we always seem to lose to them?