Sa(i)n(t) Pellegrino - 3 year deal

It won’t be at Christmas when he is dicking around in a relegation battle. And we are in a Champions league spot.

I don’t think you’re far wrong, especially with this bit fromt he article making me laugh :-

The ex-Ajax, Barcelona and Rangers defender is understood to have committed to giving players from the existing squad a chance to impress before looking to make new signings.

Palace have invested heavily in recent transfer windows, but will back De Boer and have made him aware of their budget.

His preferred stepping stone to a proper job?

De Boer hates the idea of having “the best midfield options in the league” (© Les Reed, 2016).

Here you are Bob. Went over my head, until RB mentioned Sparks.

Thanks @saint-or-sinner , no really thanks :lou_eyes_to_sky:

Wasn’t sure where to put this but here’s as good a place as any.

It’s an indepth article by the Bleacher Report about our recruitment policy/black box with comments from Ross Wilson … nothing we haven’t heard before but a good read anyway

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2717975-inside-the-southampton-black-box-informing-their-manager-carousel

1 Like

Saw this earlier it’s an intresting read. I especially liked the ‘Lack of injuries’ bit and ‘No time to congratulate your self’ in a bragging like fuck article. Still a good bit of PR.

1 Like

Where’s his interview? Has he gone missing? The media team are usually all over new people

I believe he’ll be popping round to your house later today for a proper one-to-one.

4 Likes

What time? I’m at work at the moment.

Well you should get yourself home then. If Mauricio is willing to make the effort then it’s only fair that you should too.

1 Like

Yeah I was starting to wonder where the interview was. We haven’t even had a ‘contract signing/handshake with Les’ photo.

I think he’s officially starting work on Thurs isn’t he? Didn’t he need to go home to Argentina or something?

Think we just announced early to make sure we got in there before Palace could twist their unveiling of De Boer to ‘Ha ha we got De Boer so now Saints will have to settle for Pellegrino’, when it was Pellegrino we wanted.

1 Like

He’s left a message on my Voicemail saying he will be at mine at 3.00pm. The silly tit. He should know I’m at work.

Not a good start. I have to admit I was hoping for better.

Did he mention “interesting possibilities?”

1 Like

Well I’m back from, me and me mate’s Annexing of The Sudetenland to find we have a new manager…some funny Eyetie sounding name. Did a little research on him and meh wasn’t that impressed until I read this…“his English is very good”

That is good enough for me…a manager’s briefing that I can understand…for Bazza’s sake I hope he has a good line in excuses. :lou_lol:

4 Likes
1 Like

Better than the previous quotes about Puel where it was clear players didnt quite understand what he was on about half the time

3 Likes