Sad but we already knew this didn't we?

Well, well. Barry’s backed down and admitted his mistake. I never thought I’d see the day!

2 Likes

I’ll now add all stonethrowers who don’t like gays, just to be fair.

Get your pie chart and lets discuss the Maginot Line?

Fuck me…yes, that’s what my last 300 posts on this shit thread have been saying. Now you understand, I look forward to your equality crusade not being one that could be mistaken for an anti-Islamic crusade.

2 Likes

Cool, I add more backwardness and stone throwing retards in who don’t believe people should be happy.

Yeah, you were wrong about that too.

If the title of this thread had been “Discrimination Exists” we could all have quickly replied “Yes” and got on with our daily lives happy in the fact that we all agree.

If you agree please don’t reply just get on with your lives happy in the fact that we all agree and leave Bazza to think up another plot line to waste your day.

Don’t you want to fight it like we’re fighting racism? Why haven’t we tackled it ? Are we scared of our own western views being imposed on backward views? I say we should trample on them? Trample on the DUP, trample on all who kids behind religion or culture that’s homophobic or racist, seems fair to me?

Quite easily. Not everybody follows every single piece of religious doctrine published. Every religion has its own interpretations of what is written. You only have to look at Christianity which grew out of Judaism and has splintered further since then. If those following Islam took the ISIS route Jihad would have been raging around the world for centuries. As you are well aware, some Christians still believe that mixed marriages are wrong, that homosexuality is wrong. Why not all if your dogma is to be believed?

It’s not a pick and mix, you follow or you don’t.

Cant you see you are just as blinkered as the people who say you are against. What are these fantastic “Western views” that you want to impose on everybody? Dont you read the news? Violent crime up. Sexual assaults up. Food banks. Discord with our neighbours in Europe. A divided country. Yeah’ lets export all this shit abroad and make them more like us.

2 Likes

Let’s start with the Royal Family, shall we Bazza? They’re ‘upholders of the faith’. Line them up the wall? You can pull the trigger. Then who is next? Secularise every church, synagogue, temple, mosque and friends meeting house. Ban all religions? Make it a criminal offense to practise religion?

You know what, the communists had a good go at that. I think they found those pesky religious believers to be more tenacious than they thought.

The thing is, Bazza, I’m with you in the sense that I don’t subscribe to any religious belief and regard them all to be nonsense, but at the same time I can appreciate the artistic and architectural achievements for which they are responsible and can quite happily get along with people of all faiths on a day to day basis without getting angry or upset.

As SOG said, it isn’t an all-or-nothing situation. People of all faiths interpret their holy books in many different ways (hence many branches of Christianity and Islam) and in mine (and probably your experience) nearly everyone who holds some kind of religious belief is emminently reasonable and practical in the way they choose to express that belief.

2 Likes

That is not a societal view point nor is it accepted practice, huge difference.

But it is part and parcel of the way we live and is a product of the way we live. Some people in other parts of the world think that our way of life is not the way forward. Why should we impose our values on others just because some of us think they would be better off living life our way?

Because in this country we’re tolerant, what others do elsewhere is their own look out.

You shouldn’t be allowed to be racist, homophobic or sexist and if someone was it shouldn’t be tolerated at all regardless of religious affiliation or cultural beliefs, being religious doesn’t excuse being backward.

its not a defence and we should attack these opinions and beliefs as we attacked racism on the terraces.

No excuses.

Youre preaching to the converted here, bazza. No-one seems to be letting you get away with your bigotry.

1 Like

Who are they responsible to ultimately? A fascist God or English law?

I think if Brexit has shown us anything, it’s how intolerant this country is. You, for example, are intolerant of all religions.

The Law will get you when ur alive, and God will get you when ur dead. This is v.basic stuff b, I’m amaze you don’t know how it works!

4 Likes