Saints Under 23's Thread

I hear they’re renaming the Marion Pahars Rehabilitation suite at Staplewood.

1 Like

1 Like

Southampton FC@ SouthamptonFC 11s12 seconds ago

GOAL: # SaintsFCU23s 1-0 # NUFC U23s (@ Marcus9Barnes 26) Barnes heads home to give # SaintsFC the lead!

2 Likes

Southampton FC@ SouthamptonFC 13m13 minutes ago

HALF TIME: # SaintsFCU23s 2-0 # NUFC U23s @ Marcus9Barnes’ double puts # SaintsFC in command at the break.

1 Like

Southampton FC@ SouthamptonFC 3m3 minutes ago

GOAL: # SaintsFCU23s 3-0 # NUFC U23s (@ olomola pen 78) Olomola converts from the spot for # SaintsFC!

1 Like

Southampton FC@ SouthamptonFC 6m6 minutes ago

FULL TIME: # SaintsFCU23s 3-0 # NUFC U23s Goals from @ Marcus9Barnes (2) and @ olomola secure victory in the # PLCup for # SaintsFC.

5 Likes

Just got back from SMS, under 23’s knocked out of the JPT on penalties by Reading U23’s. Not a rivetting game, Saints dominated first half but was all Reading 2nd half. Lewis had a good game between the posts making 3 or 4 decent saves, and Isgrove was lively and scored a cracking goal running past 3 or 4 from the half way line and smashing it in from about 15 yards. Other than that no-one else really put in a display that said ‘me next for the first team’, which is the only reason I go to watch them.

4 Likes

Just to cement my “Most Knowledgable about footbal” (or whatever the bloody category is) award I thought I should bring you up to speed with the current U-23s score in their game away to Reading.

Please note that it looks like Martin Hunter has taken the “same tactics through all age groups” approach and has heavily rotated the squad, obviously freeing up more of the U23s for tomorrow humiliation at the hands of Norwich.*

Southampton FC@ SouthamptonFC 11m11 minutes ago

GOAL: # ReadingFC U23s 4-2 # SaintsFCU23s (Ollie Cook 72) Cook turns home from Thomas O’Connor’s cross. # saintsfc

*Barry told me to post this to get one of his votes…

3 Likes

Good to see Seager back in the goals after his cruciate ligament injury :lou_lol:

1 Like

Strong side out tonight:

1 Like

Originally posted by @Goatboy

Strong side out tonight:

Looks strong on paper that team!

1 Like

Seagar 11 minutes

foxes 0-1 Saints

2 Likes

Half time 0-1

Leicester hit the woodwork. Hopefully wake us up, as getting a little sloppy.

Leicester 0-2 Saints

O’Connor - 89 minutes.

2 Likes

Oh yeah full time 0-2.

2 Likes

highlights:

1 Like