Saints V Bournemouth Drinks

You’ve got to pick the right spot to put a smile on my face, Bletch…

Sooooo after the game wonder down to the Platform Tavern, a 15 minute walk at most, have a few beers in good company and then you can get the free bus (that now costs a £1) back to the train station in time for the, say, 20:00 back to Waterloo. Less rammed train and a good 1.5 hour journey helped by a few beers in good company!

What’s to lose?

Behind the bins of The Platform Tavern?

:lou_eyes_to_sky:

Maybe, I’ll try and working out the timing. Takes so bloody long to get out of the stadium, that’s the problem!

You’re so rude Bletch! :lou_wink:

1 Like

Originally posted by @Coxford_lou

Originally posted by @BTripz

Sooooo after the game wonder down to the Platform Tavern, a 15 minute walk at most, have a few beers in good company and then you can get the free bus (that now costs a £1) back to the train station in time for the, say, 20:00 back to Waterloo. Less rammed train and a good 1.5 hour journey helped by a few beers in good company!

What’s to lose?

Maybe, I’ll try and working out the timing. Takes so bloody long to get out of the stadium, that’s the problem!

I get the feeling your looking for excuses not to come Lou Lou my sweet.

Think of me getting to the match and having to share the train with all those Bournemouth fans!!

Good tactics, BBB, I’m impressed. It is strong statements like this that usually persuade me to do something. ‘I think Lou’s not keen because she can’t handle her beer’ usually has a similar ‘I’ll show you!’ result…

The next train arriving behind the bins at Platform Tavern is the Bletchley Express calling at Fanny Ho, Bonar Bridge, Nob End, Upper Dicker, Cockermouth, Lickey End, Wilsford cum Lake, and terminating at Great Coxwell.

We apologise that this train is, as usual, running several hours late.

Mind the gap.

9 Likes

:lou_lol:

Apart from the Bletch / Lou fantasy match made in heaven, have we firmed up the post victory drinking plans? Ta

I’m now going to be in Nottingham for a portion of the weekend (good luck, future Ant), so depending on the time I’m back on Sunday may only have time for a swift drink beforehand. Will still be up for a few post-match though.

That’s ok. Send Lakepipe instead :lou_wink:

7 Likes

I will only come if the meet up is in a Brewdog.

1 Like

Show face. Have a drink on me; I’m sure we could have a fascinating discussion.

As a transgender person, I wouldn’t feel comfortable meeting you, ant.

Originally posted by @Goatboy

Originally posted by @ant

I’m now going to be in Nottingham for a portion of the weekend (good luck, future Ant), so depending on the time I’m back on Sunday may only have time for a swift drink beforehand. Will still be up for a few post-match though.

That’s ok. Send Lakepipe instead :lou_wink:

Sorry ant and Lakepipe. I place no stock in these scurrilous rumours. I just find them funny.

5 Likes

Well, they haven’t exactly endeared themselves to the Trans community…

:lou_wink:

Fatso bottled it, bottled it,

Fatso bottled it,

Na na na na na.

Careful he may bottle you :smiley:

Is the post match meet still in the Platform Tavern?

Well, I’m still a definite for pre-match drinks. Post-match drinks I’m going to make a call dependent on how quick I get out of the stadium. I am slightly concerned about meeting BBB, and not being able to live up to expectations, so I’m considering wardrobe options that may help make an improved impression.