Saints v Leicester - Build Up and Matchday Thread

Pretty consistent run of league losses! Hopefully broken shortly.

The thing is Baz, you can bitch and holler all you want but at the end of the day you’ll have to find a way to live with him. Like it or not, he’s not going anytime soon, no matter how results go in the near future.

He was taken on with a longer term plan in mind and he will be given the necessary time to to stamp his mark … not the half a season you’ve allowed him, more like 2 seasons I suspect. It would take something very extreme for him to get fired just yet … getting caught shagging Les Reeds wife/daughter (or both) would do it, relegation would be a maybe.

You’re not the only Saints fan who’s frustrated, most of us are in varying degree’s. The difference is anyone with half a brain realises Rome wasn’t built in a day, so we suck in the disappointing results as best we can and brave it out.

Your bloody minded crusade against CP is pretty crass really. I’ve always been one the first to jump in if I think you’re being wronged but honestly mate, some of your Puel comments have made me cringe and wonder why I stick my neck out. Your repetetive 'we’re doomed, I tell you’ message just alienates people needlessly, you must realise it. We’ve come over here to get away from all that.

Just chill out a bit Baz, you’re making yourself look like a one trick pony only capable of controversy, you do yourself no justice.

9 Likes

And that is why, @SteveInTheForest you’re my favourite football poster on this forum!!

I’m not confident on this one but think we’ll somehow muddle through, 2-0 the Saints.

1 Like

Lawro predicts

Southampton v Leicester (12:00 GMT)

Both of these teams are in the bottom eight when they would expect to be a lot higher up the table.

Southampton have lost their last four league games, and it seems their manager Claude Puel swaps his side around more than anyone. His rotation policy is not working.

Meanwhile, Leicester’s form remains completely up and down.

The Foxes still have not won away from home, and do not look anything like the team they were last season. I do not see that changing here.

Lawro’s prediction: 1-1

James McAvoy’s prediction: 2-1

An exciting, uplifting, end-to-end, life-enhancing, edge-of-the-seat, classic 4-3 win, that will be the first game on MotD.

or

A gruelling, forgettable, depressing, uncomfortable, gritty, soul-sapping, life-shortening 1-0 win, with the two shots in the game being shown between the weather and the national anthem after a 1962 horror film at 3am.

Take your pick - you get the same points either way.

3 Likes

I could get to like, “gruelling, forgettable, depressing, uncomfortable, gritty, soul-sapping, life-shortening” (OK maybe not the life-shortening bit) especially if it’s a prelude to a 1 - 0 win. I’d settle for those for the next month just so we can play a settled side without the need for the constant rotation.

I’m going to go for the afore mention 1 - 0 win…let’s get back in the habit of winning.

5-0 saints. Can’t reveal my source/sauce (no alcohol).

3 Likes

Might be worth reminding ourselves of the unusually early kick-off today.

Originally posted by @Optimus-trousers

Sourced from A tweet by SouthamptonFC tweet

@SouthamptonFC - Southampton FC

Need to know the key timings ahead of #SaintsFC’s clash with #LCFC? Here’s our guide to the day:

Retweets: 0

Favourites: 3

…absent-mindedly originated by Optimus trousers…beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

At least the club have listened to us and fucked off showing the team in squad number order rather than position!

Now maybe they’ll listen and get the cheque book out…

7 Likes

It’s a glorious morning out there. Let’s hope that the sun shines on Southampton FC as well as the city.

And that my brother turns up on time.

I have my red and white boxer and sock combo on, so I remembered that much. Out delivering cheesecakes, so will not have a clue what is going apart from updates every now and then on interweb.

Of course because of the combo we will win 2-1.

I am very hungover after a house party last night trying to find the motivation to get to the pub to watch this.

Dont say I haven’t made an effort anyway as my white shirt is now nicely dappled with red wine…

1 Like

Originally posted by @Sfcsim

I have my red and white boxer and sock combo on

I’ve decided to go commando, in an attempt to instil some ruthless, military passion into the team. Also, people walking past my living room window get to see my little willy.

7 Likes

Originally posted by @Fatso

Originally posted by @Sfcsim

I have my red and white boxer and sock combo on

I’ve decided to go commando, in an attempt to instil some ruthless, military passion into the team. Also, people walking past my living room window get to see my little willy.

Is the cold responsible for the smallness ?

I just gave a talk to my kids in the style of claude puel. They looked really confused for a while then fell asleep. May have to rotate them.

7 Likes

good start. My stream has packed in though. I’m quite used to seeing a good start that ends up with sadness in my heart. Fingers crossed for an actual return on the good play

Beautiful goal!

3 Likes

That JWP though…

3 Likes

Lovely

2 Likes