Saints V Liverpool Build Up and Match Thread

Was a little concerned there for a moment on what he might be beating - could understand it if 4-0 up v pompey after 9 minutes, but during a tonking form scousehamption? Is he in the wrong end?

You are indeed correct, he’s a complete tosser.

Tadic and Forster both fit allegedly

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/165/10660800/southampton-duo-dusan-tadic-and-fraser-forster-fit-for-liverpool-clash

Long was in the training pics too.

Still no sign of Sick Note See-Saws?

Who’s Rallyboy on about?

1 Like

agreed with others that this one is hard to call but I won’t be surprised if they batter us. On fact they probably will.

1-3

Originally posted by @PhilippineSaint

Who’s Rallyboy on about?

frm motto

1 Like

PS, it’s the question we often ask - what the fuck is Rallyboy on about?

Does my head in. So inconsistent. Sometimes he’s up, sometimes he’s down.

6 Likes

If someone kept up the What the Fuck is Puel talking about thread you would know that :-

• Long not ready for this week, he might feature next week

• Soares is fit and might faeture this week.

I am too busy doing the cricket to translate some random words into English :lou_lol:

1 Like

It appears they are no longer putting the pressers on YouTube

Press conference part 1

Press conference part 2

Puel : Cedric back for Saturday

Claude Puel says Fraser Forster and Pierre-Emile Højbjerg, who both returned early from international duty, should be fit for the visit of Liverpool, while Cédric is likely to be available again after injury.

Forster returned to Saints before England’s game against Scotland with a slight injury, while Højbjerg also returned early to have a small knock assessed.

But Puel is confident the duo, along with Ryan Bertrand and Dušan Tadić, should be fit for the game against Liverpool on Saturday.

“I don’t know for sure yet because I cannot see all of the players, but we will see in the training session,” Puel said.

“I think we can recover many players. I think it’s okay for Fraser and Pierre also. They have some injuries in the last week, but they should be fine.

“Ryan is okay and Tadić had an injury to his nose, but he spoke with the medical team already and should be fine for Saturday’s game.”

Puel had further positive news on the injury front, with Cédric likely to be back in contention, but the Saints boss has ruled Shane Long and Matt Targett out.

“Cédric will come back, and Shane Long has come back into the training sessions, but it’s too soon for this game,” Puel added.

“It’s too soon for him for this game, but we will see for next week. Targett is still injured, but for the other players it’s okay.”

1 Like

Interesting stat I just read: We score with 20% of our shots on target, and concede with 57% of shots on target that the opposition have. We are league worst in both stats RIP

Liverpool midfielder Philippe Coutinho was pictured going into the city’s Spire Hospital on Thursday. It is thought the Brazil international, 24, was having a scan on an injury that leaves him doubtful for Saturday’s match at Southampton. (Liverpool Echo)

2 Likes

Glad to hear that Adam The Llama is sitting this one out as the smooth skinned one seems to have refound his mojo. Liverpool are really flying at the moment but as has been said, they are a bit dodgy at the back. Could be a high scorer and I wouldnt be unhappy with a point.

3 Likes

Saints to win 3-1 :laughing:

I will be there to once again help Claude with the tactics and coaching :smile:

No doubt some of my afternoon attention will be trying to keep referee Clatenburg on track and hopefully give Saints

some decisions. :astonished:

COYS :innocent:

3 Likes

Southampton midfielder Dusan Tadic is available to play despite breaking his nose while on international duty.

Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg and Fraser Forster are fit after knocks, but Cedric Soares, James Ward-Prowse, Ryan Bertrand and Shane Long are doubtful.

Liverpool are assessing the fitness of Adam Lallana after he sustained an injury while playing for England.

Philippe Coutinho is also a doubt with a hamstring problem but Dejan Lovren returns after recovering from a virus.

Clattenberg?? :astonished:

Great - an afternoon of VVD being wrestled to the ground by Lovren and denied penalties.

1 Like

To be fair, he has to sit next to you.

That’s not easy for ninety-plus-minutes.

He was probably concerned about hitting the sixty-minute sarcasm ceiling when he stumbled headlong into the fifty-eight-minute minute wanker wall.

1 Like