Saints V Liverpool League Cup Semifinal First leg

If we so much as keep the tie alive then I’ll be very happy with that.

2 Likes

We can beat them at SMS, if we approach it in the right way. If we approach it like we did the league game, then a 0-0 will not do. Let’s face it, we were lucky to get that.

1 Like

Absolutely cannot get worked up for this. Yet it is a semi final ffs.

I feel no excitement, only fear at how bad the let down and melt down is going to be.

Not sure what Saints have done of late to put me in that position tbh. I’m normally a happier clapper than that

2 Likes

Maybe @D_P it’s because you have it down as a loss, if we had the remotest chance of getting to the final you would be excited.

Yes but Btripz the only reason he has it down as a loss is because the way we have been playing (or Not) and I do tend to agree with him.

My mrs was quite happy for me to watch the football at 3/ 4 in the morning then after we won wake her up/ roll her over and have my wicked way with her.

Now watch the football lose / draw cant be arsed to do anything and she is wondering what she has done as she is getting nothing.

1 Like

Aye Phil, I tend to agree, I’m going and I hope the team put up a bit of a fight but I’m not holding my breath.

To paraphrase :- Something is rotten in the state of Southamtpon

1 Like

Come on everyone, where’s the positivity ?

I think we’re on a winner with this one and will be far superior to them.

My prediction. Saints 60% possession Liverpool 40% possession

2 Likes

Around this time last year we were down in the dumps and yet we turned over Arsenal big time. Keep the faith boys and girls. It aint over until it is over!!

3 Likes

I was looking through the loft yesterday and underneath my accounts for 1987 I stumbled across a little box of optimism.

As I searched I was pretty sure i wouldn’t be able to find it, or if I did it would be out of date - but there it was!

So…a 3-2 win.

3 Likes

How many games have we had over 50% possession in and lost this season

More than I can poke with a stick

I am positive about that.

1 Like

Yeah, well we MIGHT get lucky and avoid another 6-1 dicking in the home leg.

And then we have to go up there…

1 Like

Sourced by the Automatic News Thread

Sourced from Daily Star article

Expected Liverpool XI: Klopp to make major changes to 4-3-3 for semi-final at Southampton

Show/hide article…

Liverpool (Odds: 7/5 to win, 5/2 to draw, 11/5 to lose)

LIVERPOOL take on Southampton in the EFL Cup semi-finals on Wednesday, but who will start?

Jurgen Klopp’s men go into the first leg of the tie at St Mary’s off the back of an embarrassing 0-0 draw at home to League Two minnows Plymouth.

We’re expecting the German to make as many as 10 changes from the side that failed to make the breakthrough at Anfield on Sunday.

CLICK THROUGH THE GALLERY ABOVE TO SEE WHO WE EXPECT TO START.

Go to the original article…

…unaccustomedly modelled by Optimus trousers…beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sky Sports News HQ@ SkySportsNewsHQ 2m2 minutes ago

BREAKING: Claude Puel confirms Jose Fonte will not be included in # SaintsFC squad to face # LFC in @ EFLCup Semi-Final 1st leg # SSNHQ

Southampton FC@ SouthamptonFC 15m15 minutes ago

Puel: “We have an exciting game on Wednesday, and concentrating on this is the most important thing.” # saintsfc

Southampton FC@ SouthamptonFC 15m15 minutes ago

Puel on # LFC clash: “We are not favourites, but we have nothing to lose.” # saintsfc

Southampton FC@ SouthamptonFC 12m12 minutes ago

Puel: “It’s important to try to have a good result in the first game to prepare us for the second one. My players are ready.” # saintsfc

Southampton FC@ SouthamptonFC 10m10 minutes ago

Puel: “This competition is an opportunity for us to win something, and this is important.” # saintsfc

Today’s presser :-

He uses “window mercato” a lot early on, which means “window market”!!

1 Like

here is the irony

He was whinging about not being involved in the big European games, and now because of this latest fiasco he is not going to be included in the big cup games. Self defeating springs to mind.

10 Likes

Simon Peach@ SimonPeach 59m59 minutes ago

Simon Peach Retweeted Southampton FC

Fonte needs to sort himself out. Eyeing a move is one thing, but the club he captains - & is paid handsomely by - is in a cup semi-final

7 Likes

I am not surprised in the slightest but even so, still very disappointing.

Be a good boy Lesley, jog him on nice and swiftly please.

Jose - Foda fora. xx

3 Likes

You have to be quite a negative pain-in-the-arse to be left out of a big game several days in advance.

I think the love affair is over - but no need to start cutting up each other’s clothes, let’s just have a dignified goodbye.

1 Like

I’m sure all you guys going to the game have read the sad story about young Jack & the tribute in the 20th minute.

Please try and fit an extra loud clap in on my behalf.

And we’ll done to Simon Richards for helping get the word out so the club now support it.