Saints V Palace build up and match thread

Originally posted by @Bearsy

Really fancy us to win this 2-0

Fuck sakes PricePikey make up your mind, your PAYG internet connection can’t keep up with these score predictions surely.

You’re getting it confused with the phrase ‘no means no’.

1 Like

FFS Bearsy stop carpet bagging all the results

4-2 with a Mane farewell hat trick

Could not be more wide of the mark. When we lost to them in December 2015, this was the first time we lost to them in the league since 2008. We have only lost to them once at home since we lost to them in 1990 and that was 2007.

That is 12 games in the league at home with 1 defeat and 3 draws.

In fact we have only lost twice to Palace at home since January 1965!

If anything their luck is due to change.

The cup on the other hand, completely different!

So if Palace win the FA Cup and we come 7th below United, then we miss out on Europe

Every player we nobble on Sunday means there is a lesser chance of them winning the cup. Wanyama and Romeu in the middle me thinks.

5 Likes

do sendings off on Sunday get carried through to next season?

Originally posted by @Sfcsim

Originally posted by @PhilippineSaint

do sendings off on Sunday get carried through to next season?

Yes… Why? I see now… So mane and big Vic and kick off once we are 2/3 up!

So what are the odds on.

Liverpool draw tonight.

Man U losing to Cherries

WBA beating Liverpool

Stoke drawing with West Ham?

Oh and us beating Palace.

From here:-

The Champions League is out of reach for Southampton but they will fancy their chances of making the Europa League. Ronald Koeman’s men dropped back to seventh after West Ham beat Manchester United, but that is still enough to go into the Europa League qualifying round - unless Crystal Palace win the FA Cup, or Manchester United win it and finish eighth.

Fuckin’ conspiracy!! I’ve clicked the correct score 4 - 1 four times and it’s still not registering it. This place, as others have already noted, is falling apart. :lou_facepalm_2:

6 Likes

Originally posted by @Sfcsim

The cup on the other hand, completely different!

Well yes, I was not narrowing our shitness against Palace to any one particular competition. :lou_wink_2:

I just remember a lot of recent defeats.

Poll has been updated cheers Bletch / Pap

in line with Price Pikey bear needing more than 1 attempt :lou_lol:

either that or he thinks he gets a better deal by having 3 goes

Don’t think it will be anywhere near the goal-fest bros on here are suggesting. I predict a comfortable 1-0 victory for Saints, and that will be Perfectly Fine.

Yay…the fuckin poll has finally accepted the correct score…thank you.

1 Like

The Poll has been updated again for the Brummy Price Pikey second hand me down Bear :lou_facepalm_2:

I am expecting an end of season bonaza and going for a 5-1 tonking :lou_sunglasses:

1 Like

Come on lads and lasses. This is a massive day for Southampton Football Club.

1. We COULD end 5th, highly unlikely, but Bouremouth could see us end 5th!

2. COULD be automatic qualification for the Europa League

3. COULD end 6th, if Stoke get anything from West Ham

4. COULD end 7th if we win/lose or draw, depending on Liverpool at WBA and that will mean we will need to shout for Man U in the cup final next week.

5. All the above would mean we end above Liverpool for the first time EVER!

6. Let’s not forget, we COULD end 8th, as we need to beat Palace to get 7th for sure.

7. There are a lot of COULD’s, but we COULD draw or lose and still get 7th.

Which one are you going for? I am going for a Saints win, Stoke to take a point off West Ham, but can only see a Man U win.

So all of you going today, get behind the boys and lets make sure we do our part, for our European Tour!!

3 Likes

I think that Liverpool are playing a very dangerous game. They do not seem to bothered about finishing in the top 7 and seem to be putting all their eggs in one basket and hoping to win the Europa final. If they lose this, they will not have any european football next season and we COULD be in europe.

On the flip side of this the las time they were not in Europe, they nearly won the bloody league!