Saints V Palace build up and match thread

Fuck me Palace are 10/1 for the win. Our we really feeling that confident. After all it is a premier league game of football. Palace are a good outfit on their day. Is it the circumstances?

Thatā€™s ridiculous for a premier game. If I could be arsed, Iā€™d put a tenner on Palace.

Feck sake canā€™t paste in this editor on a mobile phone.

Same team as last week, 'cept Romeu in for, an injured, Clasie.

How the feck did Forster save that?

Well in control there until we scored. We deserve the lead to be honestā€¦

Bit of stroll, but West Ham all over Stoke unfortunately!

Palace never read the script for the first 20 mins but itā€™s coming good.

My English commentary stream got hijacked with Arabic Commentary from Bein at about 25 mins in

Somebody in the press box not kept the security door locked ?

4-1 get in Europe here we come

I am honestly in a little bit of shock, but ecstatic at the same time. I will get to a game now in Europe without a doubt!

1 Like

Holy shit what a set of results

1 Like

Meh, the boys let me down today

:lou_wink_2:

1 Like

Phenomenal. What a season.

3 points off CL qualification and above Chelsea and Liverpool.

probably would have taken that at the start of the season to be fair.

keep Koeman and Mane and the sky is the limit

3 Likes

Props to Koeman and the club. Another excellent season. Loving it.

2 Likes

ā€¦ And Man U if Bournemouth do us a favour

So my winning run continues, 4 - 1 predictedā€¦4 - 1 duly delivered. The reading of the tea leaves proving these tried and trusted methods taught to me by my old granny arenā€™t just rustic fokelore but have results to back it up.

5 Likes

Iā€™m not even gonna attempt a match report tonight. Just got in and fucking wasted!!!

What a fucking orgasmic day of football, and results!

One post to make elsewhere :lou_wink_2: and Iā€™m off for the night.

3 Likes

There is no view from the Itchen North this week. For once, I wasnā€™t standing there. Old Ottery met us for beers and revealed that he had a spare ticket. We tried bletch, but he was washing his hair, so I gave my ST to my mate Emma, who knows my bro, and scooted over to Kingsland North with Old Ottery.

It is not a bad spot, and somewhere Iā€™d definitely consider moving to. Itā€™s nowhere near as raucous as Itchen North, and people werenā€™t standing up where we were, but for once, I actually got to watch a lot of the game instead of gesticulating at away fans. Almost a perfect send-off for the season. The only time we looked under any pressure was before the introduction of Ward Prowse, the period in which Palace got their goal.

As an aside, if you ever need anything out of thin air, just get Old Ottery to ask on your behalf. Three times, he said ā€œI fancy another goal now, papā€. Three times it worked. Excellent to hang out with Old Ottery for a bit. Knows his football and has nice people sitting around him.

We stayed on for the victory lap. I posted the following on Facebook.

They say the league doesnā€™t lie. The league says that this year, for the first time ever, Southampton are a better team than Liverpool.

Fantastic end to a fantastic season. Think the club need to secure this revolution and give Koeman the money he needs to take us to the next level.

5 Likes
2 Likes