Saints v West Ham Match Thread

:lou_angry:

Petulant arsehole. Lost the ball and lost his rag. What an utter twat.

Massive and scrappy that win.

…Phew… well done the lads :lou_lol:

1 Like

Impressive defensive display and great teamwork from 10 men. Victor you are an utter prick, sort yourself out.

could have been a much better game to watch. I thought Clasie played some lovely stuff today

Originally posted by @Sussexsaint

Victor you are an utter prick, sort yourself out.

Tbf, it was a needless challenge but wasn’t a red.

4 Likes

Disagree, if it was the other way around we’d have been baying for it. He wasn’t in control and could have caused some serious harm. He is a talented player who is composed most of the time. He lost it and there was absolutely no need for him to even give the ref an excuse to red card him. To be fair it’s not the first time is it mate ?

I don’t think it was a red. I also don’t think we need to defend like that at the end, it was sheer panic and we’re better than that.

2 Likes

Anyone here care to explain why his reckless tackle and the resultant damage to his mates warranted a standing ovation from some as he took his sorry arse back to the dressing room?

1 Like

5 clean sheets in a row and pap’s at the bar. Happy fucking days!

5 Likes

Noble = whining twat

Carrol = whining twat

Victor = stupid twat

Cedric = very very close to being a complete and utter twat

Great win, great atmosphere in the second half.

3 Likes

…and r e l a x…ahhhhhhhh.

Jeez that was hard work and nearly as hard for the supporter.

I think we’ll see just how indispensible Wanyama is over the next 3 or 4 games of his suspension. Personally I think Romeu can do very nearly as good a job…without being sent off.

Cheers Goaty and Pap - I am having a cold one to :lou_lol:

1 Like

Romeu was class when he came on. We won’t miss Vic.

2 Likes

That really felt fucking epic. Down to ten men after 54 minutes, up against a very good side, who were pressing like hell for an equaliser - but we still managed to create the better chances in the second half. Or at least that’s how it seemed to me.

Agree with the mighty Goat above - Romeu looked excellent. With Wanyama out for a few games (I’m guessing it will be three), Romeu and Clasie, with Ward-Prowse on the bench, still looks pretty fucking good.

One other thought - if any Saints supporters are still whinging about Shane Long and what we paid for him, they really should just shut the fuck up.

12 Likes

Yoshi had a good game which makes me want to hop over to Steveweb to laugh at people.

A good defensive performance in general.

Still no paper towels in the toilets :lou_sad:

4 Likes

Bournemouth and Chelsea to win tomorrow please. Our quest for 4th will then be on!

Having just watched the highlights, ca’t help thinking that Wanyama’s dismissal was somewhat harsh. Certainly a booking, and certainly stupid, but he didn’t exactly do any damage to Payet. Another example of the red mist descending though, and you really can’t do that.

I think he may have spent last Tuesday evening at Fleming Park and picked up some tackling tips from Bletch.

5 Likes

Could we be doing the opposite to last season i.e. stronger second half than the first? Given the raft of faltering big guns it’s a tantalising proposition.

3 Likes

Romeu was class. Again. Clasie was missing for much of the early game, but played some of his best football in the last 30 minutes. Defence were excellent, as was Long. Pelle was…not.

Felt v v good to screw West Ham over.

1 Like