Saints vs Brighton - Weds 31st Jan (7.45pm KO)

Dont worry Soggy, you have Season II of ‘Sotonians Transfer Saga House’ to look forward too in the summer! Load of new characters, new story lines etc - Its not avaiable o Fiver web either!! :lou_lol:

3 Likes

Mock, shock indignation and grown men crying over my posts, opportunism and looking fo a bogeyman, fucking hell ladies, grow a pair.

I tell you what and I can not be fairer than this as I am not a little snide nor grass, I’ll make one thread today and won’t go on any others?

Fair, then you fannies can have an acho chamber and I can have mine?

Fair?

Rallyboy returns with this season’s version of the Jack Nicholson “Why can’t we just all get along” speech from Mars Attacks.

:cool:

Good return and point well made.

Freedom of speech is critical and well practiced.

Saints forums at the moment are like afternoon TV in England.

Full of things you’ve seen so many times they are boring you to death.

I’m not wrong though

Ha Ha you aren’t, much like our performances, the manner and tone will change accordingly with the results.

Sadly yours dont though. No matter what you will find something to spit your dummy out about. And if it isnt football related then it will be about immigration or Muslims. Seriously Barry, dont you have a life to lead and a job to do? I have an excuse, I am retired.

Don’t change the subject, anyway, work to do, you have a digestive and a complan.

2 Likes

Tea and a big slab of cheesecake left over from a friends birthday yesterday, but close!

Barry may be a boring, repetitive whinger but the rest of you aren’t a lot better. None of you HAVE to respond, but you just can’t help yourselves.

8 Likes

Hey, I am the very model of a very modern major restrainer.

I have my gum shields in to stop me biting.

I don’t see why we need an ignore button really. And I don’t lay the blame solely at Baz’s door either. We’re all adults, surely we can exercise a bit of self-restraint and just not read or reply to those who we know we don’t agree with? It’s not a battle to out-insult someone. Taking Barry as an example, he goes on and on ramming home the same points because people keep replying and engaging with his more ridiculous rants.

I find Barry entertaining sometimes, and he occasionally makes a valid point, but too often it’s shouted down because he’s Barry, and then he starts shouting louder and more repetively with increasingly extreme arguments. It becomes a vicious circle which would probably stop if people stopped rising to it in the first place.

5 Likes

that’s far too sensible a post, I would go with something more memetastic like ‘‘men shout at man shouting at cloud’’.

7 Likes

This is a good idea bazza.

Wish I’d thought of it.

:lou_eyes_to_sky:

Can I suggest you call it Angry Thread.

When you find yourself somewhere else and you need to repeat (again) your usual points, you can then just say:

I Absolutely Must Argue. Please Read Angry Thread.

If you can’t be bothered to type all that then maybe you could shorten it somehow :lou_wink_2:

11 Likes

To be fair Os I don’t think people shout Barry down because he is Barry. He gets shouted down for what he posts. I am sure we are all feeling down and deflated and have been for a while, but it doesn’t help when you have someone on the board suffering from Internet Tourette’s posting the same thing day after day. At some point surely you have to move past the infantile ranting and start to make cogent, rational points to back up your “passion.” Barry is the internet equivalent to a Thatcher Out placard. One dimensional and totally ineffectual other than to give vent to the bearers anger. When you see the same person waving the same banner every single day, you lose any sympathy you may have had for the cause and end up wanting to stick the placard where the sun don’t shine.

Barry doesn’t really wind anyone up. You all do that to yourselves.

The minute I met him I could no longer take him entirely seriously, nor could I get too wound up about him.

Simple fact is that if the team were doing well, Barry would be the figure of fun he was when we were doing back to back promotions, record league finishes, cup finals and European tours.

The team is doing shit. Barry is pointing that out. If we end up getting relegated, what would you rather have? Bazza’s strident criticism or a load of meta shit about how we chased someone off the site because we didn’t like his opinions?

4 Likes

It is not a case of being wound up by it - it is just tiresome to see the same old crap spewed out every other post on half the threads.

Part of the attraction of this forum is that it isn’t inhabited by the multitude of cock ends that live over in fiver web. You could talk about football without people gobbing off all the time. That has changed, for the worse in my opinion and judging from posts above in the opinion of quite a few others.

Ultimately, its your gig so if you don’t think it’s an issue, then I guess there isn’t one

2 Likes

The short answer is neither of the above.

5 Likes

I think it’s the repetitive nature of bazza’s whining that infuriates. There’ s nothing outlandish about the view we are playing shit or have been poor in the transfer market. Some may agree that Les Reed is Lucifer and Kat is just a bovine duplicitous mercenary. Some may even believe Barry to be an all knowing football and business sage, able to identify weakness and predict our downfall whilst everyone else claps along in blissful ignorance (though he says the same shit every season).

It’ just that when it’s on every thread, over and over again, with little other contribution, it comes across as a small child being told he can’t have a biscuit and then proceedng to scream “I want a biscuit!” Whilst crying and dribbling snot and getting redder and redder.

8 Likes

But I want a biscuit.

Big Kat fucked us over, Fat Les knows more about parking tickets than fooball, Kruegar knows more about ice crystals than football and the Chinese know more about tax evasion than investment.

2 Likes

Mmm… a nice chocolate hobnob or one of those fancy ones you get from M+S at christmas…

Nailed them at Christmas, there’s a M&S packet with white chocolate wafers, did the whole packet whilst on a Wolfenstein session along with a couple of bottles of New Zealand’s finest…

5 Likes